Escape vessel/Arrival sub editor

Since escape vessels and arrival subs are gonna get added soon, I thought, that it would be helpful to have an seperate editor for them. (Probadly in the same editor, yet can be two additional).

It functions the same way as the normal submarine editor, yet has an size restriction (So the escape vessel cant be bigger than the actual sub, which would probadly happen without an size restriction.

Then, in the normal sub editor, you can place a box (with the same size as the restrictions in the escape vessel editor), chose the escape vessel to be placed, and then can move the "spawned" sub around, and move it to your sub's airlock/port/whatever. Same with arrival shuttles.

This way, you can perfectly add an fitting escape vessel/arrival sub for a specific submarine, so this one can let others escape, and others join.

Also, how about adding escape pods, incase the escape vessel fucks up too?
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Re: Escape vessel/Arrival sub editor

That's roughly how I'm planning it to work. The escape vessels will basically be separate, small submarines which can be merged into the same file with the main submarine.

There probably won't be any size restrictions though: if someone wants to make some sort of strange contraption out of multiple large parts I don't see why it should be disallowed. Also, if there's no limit to the number or size of the "vessels", escape pods can be added just as easily as the escape vessels.

Btw, here's a little addition I've been working on for the last week or so:
Spoiler
Now it's possible for dead players and spectators to respawn in a shuttle which periodically transports players from the start of the level to the submarine.

Ah, very good to know, that we dont have to wait until the round end to join, yet, I have a question, regarding the "respawning" of dead players of the shuttle:

Are there any "respawning" lives? Since it would seem quite OP if someone literally could just die and come back inside a shuttle, dies again, respawns etc.

Or are there set/adjustable limits on how many shuttles can come?
Hi,

I'm Frost.

I'm biased because I built my subs this way, but isn't a docking port/airlock connector a priority at this point? And once you have that, can't you turn that into a waypoint which can be used to instantly swap other boats/parasite boats using their docking port IDs? Imagine clicking on the port in an editor and having a pull-down of all subs you have in your game folder. Pick one, and then enter an ID number that coincides with an ID assigned for a port on that sub. Voila: You start the game connected. No need to bring two boats into the same editor and wrestle with splitting/sorting hulls and gaps between the two or more on the same screen. Players spawn into whatever boat you pick from the multiplayer menu, but the parasite spawns in as well based on the editor setup.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack - UPDATED: 28 MAY 18
The Sailor's Manual - UPDATED: 1 JUNE 18

Frostdemon727 wrote:Ah, very good to know, that we dont have to wait until the round end to join, yet, I have a question, regarding the "respawning" of dead players of the shuttle:

Are there any "respawning" lives? Since it would seem quite OP if someone literally could just die and come back inside a shuttle, dies again, respawns etc.

Or are there set/adjustable limits on how many shuttles can come?
At the moment there's only one shuttle, which returns back to the beginning of the level once all the respawned players have left it (or a specific amount of time to prevent players from "taking over" the shuttle and preventing others from respawning). There's also a delay for respawning, the players will always have to wait a few minutes after the shuttle has transported the previous batch of players. There could also be some configurable minimum number of players to respawn, so you'd have to wait for one or two more players to die/join before you can respawn.
TheOverseerOfAll wrote:What is that underneath the upper balast?
You mean that narrow space under the sub or the things inside it? The former is the ballast and the latter are some electrical components connected to the pumps and lights.
Warhawk wrote:I'm biased because I built my subs this way, but isn't a docking port/airlock connector a priority at this point? And once you have that, can't you turn that into a waypoint which can be used to instantly swap other boats/parasite boats using their docking port IDs? Imagine clicking on the port in an editor and having a pull-down of all subs you have in your game folder. Pick one, and then enter an ID number that coincides with an ID assigned for a port on that sub. Voila: You start the game connected. No need to bring two boats into the same editor and wrestle with splitting/sorting hulls and gaps between the two or more on the same screen. Players spawn into whatever boat you pick from the multiplayer menu, but the parasite spawns in as well based on the editor setup.
I was thinking of something along the lines of this:
Pretty similar to the waypoint idea, except that the editor would show the outlines of the "parasites". No need to worry about hulls and gaps, you could just drag the other vessels/subs to the correct place and possibly link them to a docking port (or not, if you're building some other kind of multi-part thing).