Misc Suggestions

Just some random things that popped into my mind while playing:

-Firearms:
I think someone said you were adding these, don't know what the story is about these. They wouldn't work underwater but would make dealing with traitors and husks and whatnot easier. Probably just some basic guns like a pistol, an SMG, and an assault rifle. The magazines would fit in the gun as storage.

-Communications:
This ties into the respawn shuttle thing. Subs can have communication arrays which need to be on the outside of the sub. Little radio repeaters would be scattered around the map, allowing communication with the outside world if you are in range. Because of the randomness there would be some dark spots though, adding to the fun. The idea is the captain can use a new console called the communication console to call for help, like in the form of a rescue sub to pick the crew up and get the hell out (aborting the mission), or a emergency response sub with some heavily armed dudes that can be called if shit really gets bad. Or maybe even a naval vessel to come and blast the hell out of that moloch that's blocking the ruins. All of these would take spectators as crew. The array could get damaged and would require an EVA trip to fix.

-More visible indicator of broken junction boxes/equipment
Probably just an alternate sprite with wires hanging out and whatnot. Would be a major QOL improvement for engineers.

-Longer railgun sights
Make the railgun able to zoom a bit further. About twice the current distance would be nice. Would make gunnery a bit easier, instead of having to guess and waste ammunition, or get within melee range of dangerous sea creatures.

Re: Misc Suggestions

-Considering that a security guard should (In my opinion) rather be simply arresting a traitor (While a griefer simply should be straight out banned.) instead of killing him, adding guns wont fit very much, as this isnt america. Death should ONLY be the LAST option (For when the traitor cant be arrested without major problems (him shooting at you).
Also, I dont like the idea of firearms in general, it simply is another ranged method of killing someone, which is quite OP, considering the firepower of an assault rifle.
The submarine should rather get more weapons to use against the sea creatues, instead of getting weapons against their own men.

-This is an really nice idea, considering that there have been many subamrines on these "pathways" already, it would make sense that some team has placed the "little radio repeaters". It could even become a mission to place or repair said repeaters.

-I agree with that, its quite the annoyance to see the engieners run around, trying to find that one broken junction.

-I personally think that the range is optimal. If the sight in the gun would be increased, it would be FAR to easy to just nuke the Moloch out of nothiness, since you could just shoot it the moment it enters the screen, and the sub will most likely be unaffected by the nuke.
And anyway, if someone would like to shoot something out of a farther range (for example an endworm, cuz hell, you dont want it to get close), they could simply be using the sonar to pinpoint the direction it is coming from, arrange the railgns direction, and done.
Hi,

I'm Frost.

Frostdemon727 wrote:-Considering that a security guard should (In my opinion) rather be simply arresting a traitor (While a griefer simply should be straight out banned.) instead of killing him, adding guns wont fit very much, as this isnt america. Death should ONLY be the LAST option (For when the traitor cant be arrested without major problems (him shooting at you).
Also, I dont like the idea of firearms in general, it simply is another ranged method of killing someone, which is quite OP, considering the firepower of an assault rifle.
The submarine should rather get more weapons to use against the sea creatues, instead of getting weapons against their own men.
In a game like this questions about balance are kinda hard because it is up to the sub designer. If I wanna make OP security and give them a closet full of loaded harpoon guns, and endless batteries and stun batons, I can.
Frostdemon727 wrote: It could even become a mission to place or repair said repeaters.
That is an amazing idea.
Frostdemon727 wrote:And anyway, if someone would like to shoot something out of a farther range (for example an endworm, cuz hell, you dont want it to get close), they could simply be using the sonar to pinpoint the direction it is coming from, arrange the railgns direction, and done.
As Warhawk as stated in another thread, it IS possible to lay long-range fire if the crew works together, but very hard to do. I realize there is discussion about different weapons for subs to use, so this is up in the air, but as it stands it is kind of silly for subs to have to get within pissing distance of endworms to shoot them.

I've actually witnessed a round where a crew nuked a moloch from afar using this method, it was one of those "holy grail" type shots and the whole server went wild when they pulled it off.

The communications part aren't a bad idea, but the firearms are - atleast for the most part.

Assault rifles in teh wrong hands can kill the entire crew.
Same for an SMG.

Perhaps a pistol/pistol carbine of sorts that would come with 1 mag to take out crawlers, mantis', and husks.
There's no efficient way of killing them right now, and mantis' take too many harpoons, same thing if a fair amoutn of husks or crawlers get in, or even a tiger thresher.

What happens is that you kill one husk with your harpoons, and then have to make a dash to the fabricator as there's only 1 or 2 harpoons which were left from shooting the thing.

A handgun of sorts would be much more effective, and just one magazine could limit it's stopping power against players and with griefers. Although, let's not think griefers, because they can be kicked/banned with ease.(worst case scenario, you loose one round to a griefer.)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Barotrauma