Server stuff| Admins | Console | Commands | More.

Okay so I got some Ideas for the game, since I recently hosted my own server.

The ability to have more admins on the server.

The ability to spawn items as an admin.

A white-list

Make accounts to people don't copy names.

A gui like Console, so I can run my server without having to play the game.

Commands to help players out.

Anything to help out the Server admins.. it could be very helpful, right now its very stressful dealing with the complaining.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Server stuff| Admins | Console | Commands | More.

You can already spawn items into the game by typing edit into the console

You can place people's IP address onto a notepad to have them banned from servers you host (the 'while-list' part being NOT putting the address on that file)

Although the game prevents people from joining the server with already used names, this also needs to be a thing with in-game name changing.

I don't know what you mean by that but there's already a GUI Console, activated by pressing F3. If you want to sit out of a game, do not click "Play as Character" thing or something like that.

Yeah I would agree on having sub-admins in the game as aiding moderators as well.

Well thanks for the info, but I think they should make it simpler, almost like drag and drop.. or maybe just a click, by selecting the item they want spawned.

I know we can ban Ips but they will just change Ips and join back, so I think accounts would do good along with the whitelist on a server, having only certain people join all together.

I dont play the games I host, so I can catch Grieffers, but I want to be able to FULLY CLOSE THE GAME and let the server run on its own.

Clever_Seas wrote:, so I think accounts would do good along with the whitelist on a server, having only certain people join all together.
>hey lets add an arbitrary extra step to a game that never has more than 20 people playing it at once this will surely increase playercount
why is everything you say objectively dumb + wrong and also autistic ?__?

MOD NOTE: user was banned for this post

stankdad1967 wrote:
Clever_Seas wrote:, so I think accounts would do good along with the whitelist on a server, having only certain people join all together.
>hey lets add an arbitrary extra step to a game that never has more than 20 people playing it at once this will surely increase playercount
I dont know why your totally against me.. I mean like having accounts will stop people from stealing names, Yeah and it only goes up to max on 16 people.. But the game is still in Alpha man.. Keep your cool, I rather a whitelist also be in place, so I can only have certain people join, doesnt matter how many can join, only the good people join.

Clever_Seas wrote:
stankdad1967 wrote:
I dont know why your totally against me.. I mean like having accounts will stop people from stealing names, Yeah and it only goes up to max on 16 people.. But the game is still in Alpha man.. Keep your cool, I rather a whitelist also be in place, so I can only have certain people join, doesnt matter how many can join, only the good people join.
Nonetheless, server admin commands / server admin console / console outside of game is something that.. I don't think should be free.
It's like having a free dedicated server, doesn't make much sense.

This is something that should be implemented once the game comes out, though.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Barotrauma

QuickLoad wrote:
Clever_Seas wrote:
stankdad1967 wrote:
Nonetheless, server admin commands / server admin console / console outside of game is something that.. I don't think should be free.

I agree, the game is gonna be buy to play anyways when it comes out. I would buy it 10/10 would drown again.

QuickLoad wrote:
Clever_Seas wrote:
stankdad1967 wrote:

It would also allow servers to stay up, and stay fun with a community of admins, meaning that more people might be attracted to the game seeing the server list as not dead, or stay if they find a server that doesnt get reactor meltdown'd 50% of the games

It's pretty basic stuff and its direly needed