Infection/Illnesses

Did you ever wonder about husk or any fish biting you, would cause no infection at all?
I mean, you wouldn't even know that you just got infected, and just walk around while you are dying.
This would also cause the medics health/status indicators to be more useful.
What about random aspects of the people you play as? (Could be edited in server settings.)
What if some are scared of sea monsters and if they would see one would fall unconcious.
So, what do you think?

Re: Infection/Illnesses

BornToKill946 wrote:Did you ever wonder about husk or any fish biting you, would cause no infection at all?
I mean, you wouldn't even know that you just got infected, and just walk around while you are dying.
What about random aspects of the people you play as? (Could be edited in server settings.)
What if some are scared of sea monsters and if they would see one would fall unconcious.
So, what do you think?
nah, see monsters are really strong now and this will make them even stronger.
also rly? see one would fall unconcious? i do not think that's how our body works.
check out my mod Barotrauma Erect

etet2 wrote:
BornToKill946 wrote:Did you ever wonder about husk or any fish biting you, would cause no infection at all?
So, what do you think?
nah, see monsters are really strong now and this will make them even stronger.
also rly? see one would fall unconcious? i do not think that's how our body works.
I'd agree with this, but a mixture of both buffs and debuffs to add variety to each game. In terms of debuff, feinting when seeing a fish bigger than you or in some cases the entire submarine is a pretty normal reaction for someone, but it doesn't make for fun or interesting gameplay. Something I would suggest is something more along the lines of..'Fraility: Your maximum health is reduced by 20%' As for infections and illnesses, I have no idea if the rounds are planned to be extended in any way, but as they stand you either crash at the bottom and die or succeed without a hitch, both cases being too short for ailments to really have any effect.

TL;DR - Debuffs/Buffs +1. Adds more variety. Illnesses/feinting -1 : Rounds too short and too annoying to deal with.

Whether this is considered or not, it's something for much later in the game's development.

The game already has blurry-blurry things, going unconscious would just be... brutal in an already simply-brutal game that challenges you.
Challenges are good, but going unconscious upon seeing a fish just because of your character is just unfair.

Something along the lines of
1. see fish larger or some specific species, for 5 seconds or so
2. trip occasionally(randomly makes you crouch for example, forces the player to be careful) or screen goes slightly blurry(again forces the player to be careful but doesn't limit their overall potential as much)

this would also encourage faster paced gameplay, and even taking cover to avoid long term line-of-sight towards the hostile element which invokes this type of debuff.
something that could be applied to the Watcher currently.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Barotrauma