Some ideas about modding

Need more viable modding control and manual.
Maybe some features released, I don't know.

Some ideas:
  • Custom jobs: throught modding, must have.
  • Custom variables: make own variables for custom bars, own system for servers like reputation, money, bullets for magazine clips etc.
  • Custom UI: make own bars, like breath and health. This system can help make hunger system, mood, cleanness etc etc etc. Custom interface, images and buttons. For example, MOTD on server start, some buttons, like votes, options, choices.
  • Custom driven: control with new items, for example, make security cameras from topic below, interactive one item with another.
  • Maps and missions control: make own maps, scripted missions, have some control for map generation for modding.

Re: Some ideas about modding

profesmorales wrote:Need more viable modding control and manual.
Maybe some features released, I don't know.

Some ideas:
  • Custom jobs: throught modding, must have.
  • Custom variables: make own variables for custom bars, own system for servers like reputation, money, bullets for magazine clips etc.
  • Custom UI: make own bars, like breath and health. This system can help make hunger system, mood, cleanness etc etc etc. Custom interface, images and buttons. For example, MOTD on server start, some buttons, like votes, options, choices.
  • Custom driven: control with new items, for example, make security cameras from topic below, interactive one item with another.
  • Maps and missions control: make own maps, scripted missions, have some control for map generation for modding.
[*]Custom jobs: there are jobs.xml
[*]Custom variables: would be EXTREMLY usefull.
[*]Custom UI:would be usefull, but you can go around it by adding body part floating(with bar sprite) making custom effect or something like that
[*]Custom driven: this is too much to ask for. devs can't move every aspect of the game into xml, if you want to do something advanced reverse engineer bt and code it in c#.(sec cameras are already in the game but are called just camera and linked to railgun controller.)
[*]Maps and missions control: maybe simple mission control but not map gen it's like asking just to remake their engine to work only with .xml and make everything again. as i stated above if you want to do this advanced stuff reverse engineer bt and code it.
check out my mod Barotrauma Erect