AI Reworkings and a couple of ideas too.

I sincerely enjoy this game and i love playing it with friends, but i work a 3rd shift job, so when they get home from college im in bed sleeping. Im usually up in the mornings, but of course none of my friends are. So i like to go to single player, ive edited a few subs that ive downloaded that were meant for players, and gave the AI the ability to access oxygen tanks and medical supplies (they were previously held inside of clothing because they spawned the masks and stuff in the clothes to maximize space, sadly bots cant access clothing). Plus I found the AI have difficulty working the doors, ladders, and following the orders i give. Such as when i tell them to man the weapons, they struggle to get through the doors to get to the weapon loaders, they will successfully pick up a rail gun shell, and than just stop and wont load the loaders. Just alot of glitchy issues in general that have to do with the bots.

Anyway back to the main topic. I feel multiplayer is perfect, sure their are a few bugs, but if you ask me, its turned out better than most multiplayer games from triple A titles that I've played. I dont have alot of connection issues, i havent had any lag issues, and if i can get a cohesive and cooperating team together (usually we only need 3, the captain, mechanic, and engineer) but we have had up to 7 before, we tend to have an absolute ton of fun. This game is pefect, and updates on the multiplayer will just make it even better. But like i said, i think the AI need to be reworked, along with the HUD or GUI that we use to command them. Including more orders such as a strict repair order for the mechanic or engineer, a dedicated "Heal Shipmates" Button for the medic, and making it more user friendly.

I think this game could become a massive success, just like SCP. I just hope you guys dont abandon it. I think if you were to fix the AI, and than put it on some sort of market, maybe steam as its the most widely used game purchasing platform that i know of, for just 5 dollars, you would not just make money, but massively boost the games popularity.

I guess im not asking if the AI will be reworked, but when, as this is by far the biggest let down of the game I've run into, and i believe it needs a massive over haul to save any portion of the single player gamemode.

In addition, would it be possible if youd add a multiplayer campaign? Along with the ability to save that campaign, because doing missions are fun, but i want my friends and i to have an objective. Basically we do nothing but mess around, do the mission, waste all of our supplies and ammo like drunk hillbillies, than we start again. I think a campaign map, with a shop and supplies that we have to manage, pay attention too, and use. Like when something breaks and we need to use a wire to fix it, than we should use that wire which would force us to go to the shop to get a new one.

NOTE: This should only be used if you add in a multiplayer (or add it to the single player) campaign. Otherwise we run out of wires doing a mission because the boat only spawns with so many, and now we have to restart because we can't get power to the controls.

You dont have to add in the AI to the multiplayer campaign, but simply just add the campaign gamemode. Although AI under the captains command along with your fellow players would make it awesome. So I could have my team mates (I tend to captain as we have found my friends seem to be magnetized to rocks when they captain) doing major tasks such as keeping the reactor running, repairing our electronics etc etc, while i let the ai run around providing support, bringing oxygen or welding tanks or masks or generally anything (this is a more indepth idea of AI Management that i was thinking of) to our players or to fellow AI who need some, loading the loaders, or having them do repairs to the hull while we fight one of the monsters.

Anyway, i do have alot of ideas for this game, and i think if people agree with the ideas i have here (which this is just a few of them) I might make a dedicated list which will include these ideas as well.

But thanks for the awesome game you guys have created, and i massively hope you continue updating it.
Just a Doggo that couldnt find a 90 x 90 Doggo picture. So Doggo used Cap'n Jack.

Re: AI Reworkings and a couple of ideas too.

LordDoggo wrote:In addition, would it be possible if youd add a multiplayer campaign? Along with the ability to save that campaign, because doing missions are fun, but i want my friends and i to have an objective. Basically we do nothing but mess around, do the mission, waste all of our supplies and ammo like drunk hillbillies, than we start again. I think a campaign map, with a shop and supplies that we have to manage, pay attention too, and use. Like when something breaks and we need to use a wire to fix it, than we should use that wire which would force us to go to the shop to get a new one.
Haha :laugh: they added campaign the same day you posted this. Im glad they did! It will be fun to have some "real" need for the money in multiplayer now with the campaign.
Are you supposed to put stuff here?