Barotrauma Muiti-core support?

So I'm making this topic because of an issue that I (and most everyone else) have pretty frequently. This problem is that Barotrauma runs only on one core of the CPU, (not really sure why exactly...) and because of this, the game runs pretty [Insert vulgar term here] when you have a certain amount of players, or ship size & number (for respawn shuttles). And sometimes most of these factors aren't even present and the game's FPS takes a huge dive. The effect of this makes it pretty unplayable, causing glitching, HUGE amounts of lag, and even makes it hard to use chat.

I've been dealing with this problem for quite some time, and until now just I would just sigh and just let it happen. But after seeing the updates about how dev & co. rewrote the netcode for Barotrauma, I thought that implementing multi-core support would (possibly) make a great future update. I was honestly pretty surprised when I didn't see any other topics about this, even though basically everyone has had it, and I would just like to know if;
A.) It's already in progress, and I didn't know
B.) It can't be implemented, whether it's because of sheer programming, or because it's physically impossible on the current framework.

I'd love to hear any responses about this. I'm not really accustomed with Barotrauma's inner workings about programming so if you respond with something related to that, try and summarize it so everyone can understand it (not to be mean or anything)

Fyi: Through NVidia control panel, I forced the program to use the GPU. Amusingly, the effect is that my main menu runs around 1400 FPS, and my server browser runs around 900 FPS. Why doesn't this apply in-game as well?

Re: Barotrauma Muiti-core support?

We'll definitely be looking into this in the future, but right now the single-thread model isn't the main reason the game has performance issues. We just have rather unoptimized code at the moment (particles and player visibility checks are particularly bad), and we'll be working on making it less resource-intensive overall before we get to multithreading.

Re: Barotrauma Muiti-core support?

Optimizing means improvement of performance. you could fix bubblesorts but you can also leveraging the available resources. Almost none of the source code is threaded. This is a missed opportunity to easily leverage additional resources. As a result a Pentium 4 processor runs barotrauma better than a i7. Its time for barotrauma to join the 21 century.