Re: Barotrauma Extended v6.5

Warface5525 wrote:Hi Chiko, first of all, your mod is awesome! Me and my friends really like it. Second, in a recent vanilla update the devs added a railgun shell rack, but I can't find it when Im using your mod, it must be a bug. I hope you fix it, keep it up with the good work!
Expect it in the next update.

Sputnik wrote:
Fabevil wrote:Is new stuff planned for the mod other than fixes and changes in general? We can have new submarines like research vessels, military ships where guns and equipment is the main part, so killing monsters with this is easier. I'm just basing this on the already vanilla research stations and military places backgrounds, they can have new textures, be new and improved. Having new submarines would surely be good. Probably coming along with the new submarines could be new weapons, like the old weapons on earth or new helmets and armor to match the certain feel of the vessel or submarine
Haha, taking some inspiration from my subs, ey?
I didn't, I really took inspiration from the research background and the vessels in the military background, that must mean that there are research vessels and military submarines. Talking about this, take 'em in consideration will ya chiko?
"Keep a tool in the wool, for me!" - Bedbananas, also known as the craziest man in the world

Idea for expanding mod:

I have decided that endworm is being too clumsy and not interesting enough to be worth 15000 credits reward for killing and deserves changes in his logistics.

*General description for his bounty quest is changed: Those who wants you to kill it will inform you what is this thing, since they encountered it before.

*Endworm no longer spawns randomly outside the abyss.

*Endworm spawns outside the abyss only during his bounty quest.

*Endworm now has it's torso and back armor value 0.8 reducing damage taken by 20%. No damage reduction on it's front jam.

*Moves at 3 speed, 20% faster, than husk in water, but 50% faster now.

*Endworm's spiky armor is damaging players and monsters, may add bleed (moderate chance).

*Reduced duration of stuns on endworm by 75%.

*His jam deals 75 damage to players, has moderate bleed chance, stuns for 10 seconds and turns dead players into teleglitches, identically like in case of "Abyss's Argument" (with those teleglitches, including 20% stronger variant risk).

*Endworm now has a 90 seconds cooldown ability called "Abyss's Argument" with following effects:
*Electric shock.
*Stuns creatures and players in range of 100 meters for 15 seconds being in water. Does not work on creatures and players in water not connected to the outside of submarine (walls and doors leading there are secured).
*Does EMP for 15 seconds to all submarine's devices in water for 15 seconds in range of 100 meters. Does not work on devices in water not connected to the outside the submarine (walls and doors leading there are secured).
*Deals 50 damage for 100 meters to everything, but itself.
*No damage to walls or hulls.
*Heals itself for 100 health.
*Summons all scorpions and teleglitches for 500 meter range to add it in battle.
*Scorpions and teleglitches are immune to this ability's negative effects.
*Can be casted, even when endworm is stunned.
*This ability is used, when either enemy is nearby or endworm is being hurt.
*Hit dead players turn themselves into teleglitches. 20% chance they turn into stronger variant of this enemy. Their inventory in both cases will permanently be destroyed.
Barotrauma submarine designer- rico6822

Most of the stuff in that idea can't be implemented, though.

-There's no way to add a global resistance against stun damage.
-There's no way for characters to have special abilities like that.
-There's no way to add an effect that spawn characters.
-There's no way to turn players or creatures into other characters.

There's more that can't be done but those are the most important, IMO.

Edit: I forgot to mention that endworms, scorpions and teleglitches are not friends. For instance, Scorpions can kill teleglitches with their electric blasts and will actually hunt them down if close enough.

You know what I’m really pissed about? When I want to make someone suffer with my revolver by shooting them in the leg, Just for them to die seconds later, is there locational damage on barotrauma? If yes, then fix the death by revolver or shotgun to the knee
"Keep a tool in the wool, for me!" - Bedbananas, also known as the craziest man in the world

Fabevil wrote:You know what I’m really pissed about? When I want to make someone suffer with my revolver by shooting them in the leg, Just for them to die seconds later, is there locational damage on barotrauma? If yes, then fix the death by revolver or shotgun to the knee
Bleeding damage won't and shouldn't be stopped by shooting someone in the leg and it's the bleed that kills them.
_GOD exists and he will torch you

Check out my BTE Stealth Warship - The Viper: https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 94#p124294

Fabevil wrote:You know what I’m really pissed about? When I want to make someone suffer with my revolver by shooting them in the leg, Just for them to die seconds later, is there locational damage on barotrauma? If yes, then fix the death by revolver or shotgun to the knee
There isn't, can't be fixed with xmls. The players whole body is their hitbox so a hit anywhere deals the same.

While the revolver should be powerful, it deals an insane amount of damage, making it overpowered and defeating the buckshot round of the shotgun, that is to kill people. I think that the revolver should deal 2 bleeding, so that it doesn’t kill Someone. There, I made it balanced