Re: Barotrauma Extended v3.5b

Alright, submarine update, lads. Here's the details:

Mod Changes:
-Added upgraded versions of The Blind Carp and The Nibbler shuttles. They feature a slightly edited layout, rewiring and basic drainage system.
-Removed the old mod friendly version of the Nehalennia. Only the Nehalennia Mark II is available for this mod now.

Nehalennia Mark II's Changes:
-Reworked the door override system for blast doors. The Button is now the override since it requires ID and the red switch now opens/closes the door.
-Edited the lower "anchor" bumpers and moved the Charges Tube back to make room outside the airlock.
-Readded the Docking Bay outside the Airlock to allow respawn Shuttles to dock with the Nehalennia again.
-Added an Airlock Control in Command. The white switch allows the Sub to dock with a nearby Shuttle and the red one locks the Airlock Hatch.

Edit:
I've been working on retrofit for the Vellamo. So far I've upgraded most of its hull with heavy walls and removed most of the windows and similar structural weaknesses. I moved the Airlock to the lower decks and moved the Reactor one floor up. I also added an emergency diesel-electric generator and I'm currently working on a Bilge system similar to the one in the Nehalennia Mark II. I want the Vellamo to be different from the Nehalennia so I'll probably add an extra Engine with its own room on a different deck and split the power requirements and thrust power so the vessel has better chances to keep moving.

Also, I think I'll add an "outdated" Nehalennia Mark I vessel for veteran crew. The Mark II's safely measures and shortcut buttons in Command makes it a pretty safe sub even in Singleplayer so this outdated version will be a more challenging choice. I'll probably remove most of the automatic aspect of it, readd some structural weaknesses like windows, remove the front bumpers and the ones around Command, make it only work on a diesel-electric generator, remove the engine power grid safety wiring and add it back to the main grid and stuff like that.

Re: Barotrauma Extended v3.6

It's update tiem! It's only about submarines but here's the changelog:

Mod Changes:
-Added a downgraded version of the Nehalennia. The outdated Mark I uses only a diesel-electric generator, no automatic measures, inefficient power grid, etc.
-Added a new shuttle, The Stinger. It's slightly bigger than the usual shuttle and is armed with a Railgun. It has a separated airlock from the docking bay.
-Replaced the mod friendly version of the Vellamo with a Mark II retrofit.

-Removed all explosive charges from Railgun Shells, Depth Charges and Depth Mines and placed them in a Cabinet in Weapons.
-Removed Depth Charges and Depth Mines from their loaders and placed them on the floor in Weapons. They need to be armed and loaded manually now.
-Replaced the Pump in the Airlock with a small one so now the Bilge does most of the pumping.
-All outside lights will take longer to shut down when the power is out to make it easier for a rescue shuttle to locate the vessel.
-Fixed an issue with the water detectors in the Bilge and Airlock, which was preventing the pumps from pumping out all the water collected in them.

Vellamo Mark II's Changes:
-Upgraded most of the exterior walls with strong wall variants so now it's more resistant to damage.
-Removed most windows and similar structural weaknesses as a way to protect the vessel against hull breaches.
-Added "anchor" bumpers at the bottom of the submarine to soften crash damage.
-Edited some of the labels, lights and a bit of the layout of the submarine so it looks a bit better.
-Added a Canteen, located in the middle of the upper decks. It comes with an electrical oven, cabinets with food, furniture and unrestricted door access.
-Added an Armory which is where purchased goods and mission crates are put. It contains various personnel weapons and gear.
-Installed two Bilges in the lower decks and added a basic drainage system connecting them with the upper decks as a way to mitigate the effects of floodings.
-Switched the Airlock with the Engine Room so now the Airlock, Ballast Tanks, Bilges and Docking Bay are all in the lower decks.
-Upgraded the Airlock and Docking Bay with partially automatic doors to avoid too much water to get inside when exiting/entering the submarine.
-Moved the Reactor Room closer to the center of the sub and installed a Diesel-Electric Generator with its own room as an emergency power source.
-Added a secondary Engine and split engine force and power consumption between the two of them.
-Installed a Battery-Relay power rewire for each engine, which greatly reduce engine related power issues across the vessel.
-Added a new room, Workshop, which is where the Fabricator, Deconstructor and Tool Kit are located.
-Added a third Railgun on top of the submarine that will be able to fire at targets behind the submarine.
-Added one light for each Railgun for better visibility outside the submarine.
-All outside lights will take longer to shut down when the power is out to make it easier for a rescue shuttle to locate the vessel.
-Turned the Railgun Room under Command into Weapons and moved all Railgun controllers and loaders inside.
-Edited some of the items found around the sub and added new ones.

The Vellamo is not finished but it was in a playable enough state to be released. It only needs some edits and automatic systems and it'll be ready. The Aegir will probably take a long time to retrofit due to the size of it but I'll start working on it whenever I get free time and willpower to work on it.
Last edited by chikoeduardo on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Barotrauma Extended v3.7

Alright, new update. Here's the changelog, lads:

Mod Changes:
-Oxygen Modules and Oxygen Generators will take damage and explode when in contact with fire. They require Mechanical Repairs for them to be operational again.
-Fixed a bug preventing Oxygen Modules from being selectable unless an actor's torso was right in the middle of them.

-One of the hub's lights will take longer to shut down when the power is out just for atmosphere purposes.
-Fixed a wire missing a node and going across the Weapons Room.

-Installed a Duct Control system in Command, which allows each of the upper Duct Blocks to be opened and closed with a flip of a switch.
-Added a Bilge alarm system in Command. It has lights display for each Bilge. The light for the Ballast Bilge will only turn on when it's overflowing.
-Changed the water overflowing alarm to a different one. Command and each Bilge has one now.
-The previous alarm can only be triggered manually in Command.
-Added a loaded Stun Baton in one of the Officers' Quarters Lockers.
-Added 4 Diesel Cans in the cabinet found in Life Support.
-The lower and back Railguns are fully loaded with Blast Charge Shells and the middle Railgun is loaded with Steel Spears.
-Wired the Diesel-Electric Generator with Life Support as a safety measure.
-Wired Life Support to the upper Junction Box of both staircases and the Junction Box in Command as a safety measure against power failure across the vessel.
-The light outside the Prison Cell will take longer to shut down when the power is out just for atmosphere purposes.
-Added an Oxygen Module in Life Support. It supplies oxygen to Command and the Officers' Quarters.
-Fixed small rooms running out of oxygen even with only one person inside. The prison cell was actually slowly killing prisoners because of this.

Erickuz wrote:You could add a struggle animation for when you are swimming and running out of oxygen, you start to suffocate which makes you struggle and grab onto your neck. That would be cool, oh and aswell you would swim slower that makes sense right?
Makes sense but I'm not savvy enough to mod that in. Animations are mostly hardcoded and I can only mod stuff that is in the externalization files. Same goes for the slower swimming when running out of oxygen.

While I was doing some testing and editing of some vanilla creatures, I started to play around with the values of the Husks and ended up creating a new creature...

The Taken
-They are ghost-like humanoid anomalies found in the Abyss.
-They make distorted human speech noises and can be found alone or in small groups.
-They initially behave similarly to Husks right until they get close enough.
-Unlike any other creature, The Taken have the ability to "teleport" themselves and anyone standing next to them when they successfully land an attack.
-They attack by rushing at a target and then they try to reach them using both arms. The attack itself only stuns but the teleporting is often fatal since it can crush someone against a wall or just teleport them outside the sub.
-They cause minimal damage to hulls but they don't need to destroy walls to get inside. There are chances for them to teleport inside.
-They can run faster than normal humans and cannot be killed by normal means so the best way to get rid of them is to leave the Abyss.
-If they spot a corpse, they will rush toward them and start to dismember them and take them away if they are outside of the sub.
-Most creatures fear them and will usually flee at the sight of them.

I'm not sure about having this creature in this mod or allow it to be its own mod since it's kinda supernatural in concept. It's kinda based on SCP-106 in looks and some of its behavior but I'm planning on making them look more like an electromagnetic anomaly with lights and stuff. Their "teleport" ability
Spoiler
is actually an exploit of a glitch behavior from a massive explosion wave so it causes some glitches that pass for creepy features like them slowly passing thru walls and then disappear, or going across a room at fasts speed, poking their heads from outside thru a wall and then quickly going back outside, or falling from point A to B multiple times like some kind of portal loop, and other similar "features" from their attacks when they glitch.

Re: Barotrauma Extended v3.8

Time for an early update, here's the changelog:

Mod Changes:
-The mod is now compatible with the latest v0.7.0.0 version of the game.
-Replaced the mod friendly version of the Aegir Mark III with an unfinished Mark IV retrofit.
-Added a new creature, Taken. It's a ghost-like humanoid anomaly with the ability to teleport itself and its target when attacking. It inhabits the Abyss and is usually encountered in groups.
-Added a new mission that involves dealing with a lone Taken.
-Rebalanced and updated all ranged weapons and recoverable ammo with the new xml code from the newest version.
-Edited the Revolver in the mod so it uses the new firearm related xml strings from the new vanilla Revolver.
-Renamed Revolver Bullets to Rounds and removed some of the hand-loading ammo recipes from the Tool Kit since rounds cannot be recovered anymore.
-Similar to the vanilla counterpart, a Captain now spawns with a fully loaded Revolver.
-Edited the attack animation for the Husks so it's less buggy.
-Fixed a typo in the Body Armor tags, which was preventing it from being storable in containers.

-Removed the Revolver and its ammo since the Captain now spawns with a fully loaded one.

-Removed the Revolver and its ammo since the Captain now spawns with a fully loaded one.
-Added controls in Command to enable/disable the Oxygen Module and the Oxygen Generator.
-Added a drainage duct in the Prison Cell because the room is so small it would start suffocating the prisoner if the crew took too long to start the reactor.
-Added the missing spawning point for Cooks in the Canteen.
-Deleted some redundant structures and made some minor aesthetical edits.

Aegir Mark IV
-Upgraded some of the exterior walls with strong wall variants so now it's more resistant to damage.
-Removed some windows and similar structural weaknesses as a way to protect the vessel against hull breaches.
-Added 2 Shuttle Engines and split engine force and power consumption between these 2 and the Main Engine, which are all in the same room.
-Installed a Battery-Relay power rewire for the main engine and one for the secondary ones, which greatly reduce engine related power issues across the vessel.

I was planning on releasing the update this weekend but I've been asked for a compatibility update to make the mod playable again. The
Aegir Mark IV is far from finished but it's still better than the vanilla one.
I also decided to just include the new creature since it's not common for a sub to last much into the Abyss. I added a mission related to them so players have another chance to encounter one of them. Also, they now kinda destroy walls for some reason. It's probably something that came with the new game update and I couldn't really find a way to remove it. Still the damage seems to depend on how far one of them teleports thru a wall so it's not a fixed value.

So I've been trying to make The Taken work like it used to but there seems to be only one way to do so... it seems reducing their size to 40% of their original size prevent them from destroying the walls when glitching... so I'm guessing it has something to do with size and the force value in the "teleport" explosion.

So here's some ideas about remaking them:
-The reduction in size makes them even more glitchy since it affects the way they walk/swim so I'm planning on making them almost invisible.
-Since they are smaller than humans, they will take considerably longer to rip bodies apart, which will look like they are being possessed when grabbed by them. They usually start to fling them around the room and stuff. Pretty fun to watch, actually.
-The only way to tell if there's one nearby will be by sound, teleport flash, water splashes (lots of splashes since their limbs seems to slap the water when it's not high enough for them to swim) and their interaction with corpses. Sonar is only a reliable detection method when they are outside the sub.
-I'll make them ignore humans and only make them attack submarines so they don't give away their position and to make them less dangerous since they are like 95% transparent and really hard to spot. Their will still be able to kill crew with their teleport attack if close enough from the explosion.
-Since now it's possible to assign creature spawn to certain locations, maybe they could only spawn in a couple of map types and/or location types.
-I could add the normal sized one that also attacks human as a mission creature since it's a lot more dangerous.

Any feedback regarding them is welcome.

Loving this mod, been grinding it a lot. The only thing in my opinion that annoys me or is just something that needs to be patched is the Eels as small as they are can break steel. I mean there small for diver nuisances and I like that they stun the character but the fact they can break the sub and are a nightmare to shoot them all up close and with sub guns is incredibly annoying. So if you plan to keep it so they can break the sub its understandable. Same also goes for little shrimp, don't see how they would have the strength to tear steel.

As for idea's, I'd say maybe a longer stun tranq or just increasing stun times in general, so that way you could in fact sleep through the mission in crew quarters besides if things go smoothly, often times they don't. Another idea for creatures is that maybe they could do slightly less bleed damage and more stun just because you bleed out a lot on this game. Also perhaps making creatures drag the stunned or unconscious creatures deeper into the ocean. So like a solo crew member cocky enough to do solo EVR gets attacked by a crawler. The crawler attacks him doing damage and stunning the character. Instead of just murdering him right away maybe some creatures can drag unconscious players to caves or ruins or just take there food away from the sub. So in the sense if there is a pack of crawlers attacking you, your gonna die and there gonna fight over your body. These are just a couple of thoughts but love the mod. Great work.

-Nurse Hendricks.

Well, anything that can withstand the massive pressure under Europa's crust without an atmospheric suit probably bites really hard to get food that is supposed to be as hard to chew, aka other Europa creatures. I just noticed the game got updated again and with this update, there's a new armor system so I'll rework every wearable piece of clothing for armor values and I'll check the damage all creatures do. I'll probably rebalance the whole thing.

Also, Scorpions are a mix of Electric Eels and Shipworms so they are supposed to eat ship hulls. Maybe they are eating it too fast, though so I'll do some testing.

Increasing Stun damage makes sense, especially for drugs so I can do that.

The only thing I can't do anything about is for creatures to drag unconscious characters. That needs some coding wizardry I'm not capable of.

Thanks for the feedback!