Re: [0.7.0.1] Barotrauma Client/Server Modification

And allready ima report a bug...

Barotrauma Client crash report (generated on 2018-02-02 19:24:26)

Barotrauma seems to have crashed. Sorry for the inconvenience!
If you'd like to help fix the bug that caused the crash, please send this file to the developers on the Undertow Games forums.

Game version 0.7.0.1 NILMOD SERVER MODIFICATION
Graphics mode: 1280x800 (BorderlessWindowed)
Selected content package: Vanilla 0.7
Level seed: no level loaded
Loaded submarine: Aegir Mark III (73DA45EBAEFB3BA7009BBF1337294752)
Selected screen: Barotrauma.NetLobbyScreen
Server (Round hadn't been started)

This was running NilMod Code!

Exception: Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.
Target site: Void UpdateFileTransferIndicator(Barotrauma.Networking.Client)
Stack trace:
vid Barotrauma.Networking.GameServer.UpdateFileTransferIndicator(Client client) i F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaClient\Source\Networking\GameServer.cs:rad 1531
vid Barotrauma.Networking.GameServer.FileTransferChanged(FileTransferOut transfer) i F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Networking\GameServer.cs:rad 2447
vid Barotrauma.Networking.FileSender.Update(Single deltaTime) i F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Networking\FileTransfer\FileSender.cs:rad 180
vid Barotrauma.Networking.GameServer.Update(Single deltaTime) i F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Networking\GameServer.cs:rad 395
vid Barotrauma.GameMain.Update(GameTime gameTime) i F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaClient\Source\GameMain.cs:rad 450
vid Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
vid Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
vid MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGameWindow.RunLoop()
vid MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGamePlatform.RunLoop()
vid Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
vid Barotrauma.Program.Main() i F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaClient\Source\Program.cs:rad 47

Last debug messages:
2018-02-02 19:24:25 - Failed to write a network message for the client "Domic"! {Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt.}
vid Barotrauma.Networking.GameServer.UpdateFileTransferIndicator(Client client) i F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaClient\Source\Networking\GameServer.cs:rad 1531
vid Barotrauma.Networking.GameServer.FileTransferChanged(FileTransferOut transfer) i F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Networking\GameServer.cs:rad 2447
vid Barotrauma.Networking.FileSender.StartTransfer(NetConnection recipient, FileTransferType fileType, String filePath) i F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Networking\FileTransfer\FileSender.cs:rad 162
vid Barotrauma.Networking.GameServer.ClientWrite(Client c) i F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Networking\GameServer.cs:rad 1061
vid Barotrauma.Networking.GameServer.Update(Single deltaTime) i F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Networking\GameServer.cs:rad 558
2018-02-02 19:23:42 - John Redneck (************) couldn't join the server with Incorrect Content Package: (BTE 4.6) vs servers (Vanilla 0.7)
2018-02-02 19:23:40 - James Mole (********) couldn't join the server with Incorrect Content Package: (BTE 4.6) vs servers (Vanilla 0.7)
2018-02-02 19:23:06 - Domic (*********) couldn't join the server with Incorrect Content Package: (BTE 4.6) vs servers (Vanilla 0.7)
2018-02-02 19:22:56 - Admin auth pass changed!
2018-02-02 19:22:27 - Enter "help" for a list of available console commands
Are you supposed to put stuff here?

I will get around to fixing it when I am available to, its likely because I made changes to prevent the removal of all child elements in players names, which was the behavior of the file download indicator (As I was adding additional elements here and had them hidden). Odds are it is attempting to either hide what did not exist as a client or remove what wasn't there.

I'm sure I can quick-fix it but will just have to wait until I can look into this.

Edit:
I have fixed the previous issue, should work fine now. New download link is in the OP and I have added a method to access previous versions of the mod (Though I recommend highly against using them generally, they are more likely to be crazy-buggy in some form the further you go back :wink: so consider them a way to get a version if the current has a critical bug).
Host of ARS (A Random Server)

I am here to report a bug that happens every time I try to spawn any creature. (I'm only go post this report for now. I've also had one when I attempt to teleport)

Barotrauma Client crash report (generated on 2/7/2018 7:15:37 PM)

If you'd like to help fix the bug that caused the crash, please send this file to the developers on the Undertow Games forums.

Graphics mode: 1920x1080 (BorderlessWindowed)
Level seed: b0fOvGes
Loaded submarine: Aegir Mark III (73DA45EBAEFB3BA7009BBF1337294752)
Selected screen: Barotrauma.GameScreen
Server (Round had started)

System info:
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 64 bit
GPU name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Display mode: {Width:1920 Height:1080 Format:Color AspectRatio:1.777778}
GPU status: Normal

Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Target site: Void ClickCommandUpdate(Single)
Stack trace:
at Barotrauma.Networking.GameServer.ClickCommandUpdate(Single DeltaTime) in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Networking\GameServer.cs:line 3007
at Barotrauma.Networking.GameServer.Update(Single deltaTime) in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Networking\GameServer.cs:line 406
at Barotrauma.GameMain.Update(GameTime gameTime) in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaClient\Source\GameMain.cs:line 452
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGameWindow.RunLoop()
at MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGamePlatform.RunLoop()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
at Barotrauma.Program.Main() in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaClient\Source\Program.cs:line 47

Last debug messages:
2/7/2018 7:14:52 PM - Admin auth pass changed!
2/7/2018 7:14:35 PM - Enter "help" for a list of available console commands

Minor bug-fix for parsing of world coordinates for in game commands (Spawning characters, teleportation of Submarines and teleportation of characters should no longer crash).

Fixed Admin slots and Spectator slots not working, Added Moderator slots as well (Ban permission is "Admin" slot, "Kick" permission is a moderator slot type)

Players must already be in the game to change to spectator so that doesn't allow players to join that are forced into spectator, only to allow permanent spectators to not block other players from joining).

A minor note to clear a few things up on these slots:
Those who have multiple perms (Kick+Ban) do not deduct from both slot types, if they have ban they only count as an "Admin" slot but cannot use moderator slots.
Players who are admin/moderator will count against spectator slots if they are both spectating and an admin/moderator.

Players who are in these slots do not numerically show on the server list (15/16 could be 15 players + 2 spectators + 1 admin and 2 moderators, or essentially 20/16 players) so it won't make players to think it cannot be joined.
A server can go above its max players if a spectator changes to a player after the max is reached, so don't make spectators too excessive.
If your server has issues with bandwidth, it is a terrible idea to try to add more slots in general.

10/02/2018 Edit:
Mod updated to fix a different cause for a crash from using specifically the "Spawn Creature" GUI menu.

11/02/2018 Edit:
Update containing various fixes and improvements from the next version of Barotrauma and a few of my own changes for clients and server hosts.
-CanRewireMainSubs now protects wiring.
-Host can set team preference
-New Command "itemdetail" to detail a few stats of an items prefab, such as its tags or aliases, not useful for anyone but modders (And sadly not developed -enough for item components sorry, need to figure that out somehow!)
-New Command "checktraitor|traitor|traitorcheck"
-slight tweaks to commands like messagebox for error handling (Messagebox command in this mod is a server-wide messagebox broadcast).
-Final correction for Armour debug command + fixed bleed damage being out of proportion (two values were the wrong way around, go figure! :wink: )
-loads either Health or MaxHealth for structures (Sub wall health is no longer bugged and be like paper-mache, an incorrect name was used in the XML files).
-Improved finditem command searching, may now see and search categories along with names.
-Items in "fireproof" containers no longer detonate for no reason.
-Worn items do not compound multiply their effectiveness with slot count
-Medical HUD for client-side works on conscious, includes cause of death for deceased.
-If server and client run the mod, wires now correctly sync and drop when dewired.
-Hitscan projectiles do not pass through walls.
-Damage is now based on hit limb (Not closest limb center regardless of size and distance to the hit)
-Desynced MD5 servers can turn item usage (Stun batons) when using railguns by adding DisableItemUsageWhenSelected="true" under railgun controller (Where tags go) preventing accidents.
-Serverlist does not crash filtering too fast, fifth entry is selectable.
-Clients now crash and write valuable network information to help fix "Unknown packet header" errors.

Given the state of the current version 0.7.0.1 as of this posting, Please be aware there are two ways you will get unknown object headers. one is where the server will mass-disconnect everyone very quickly, this is usually due to a bug where respawned creatures are not synced (Not told) to clients. this then essentially breaks the rest of the game by sending the wrong data to clients once they are stunned or die.

If you believe a server doesn't have the creatures issue (is running my mod in some way) then these crash files are very good to see, and could help developers to look into and aid in fixing "Unknown Object Headers". consider it a nice trade off for a few fixes.

For a longer more detailed explanation:
Unknown object headers mean s your game has ceased to be in sync, and data that was meant to be read as "Open a door" or "Turn a light on" shifted, and could be read as "Create a fire" or "Break a hole in the sub wall". given the broken nature of this issue i'm hoping to see members of the community submitting a few of these "crashreport_object_timestamp.bin" files over the undertowgames/barotrauma server discords via DM (Private message), the forums or via forum PM.

If you wish to give these to a Barotrauma developer, please also let them know it was using this modification because I could (I don't know of any or think so I do try to avoid such things) have added my own bugs to the net coding.

12/02/2018 Edit:
Minor update to crash-fix the server-side InGame GUI Menu and further avoid future crashes from the filter mechanism.
Fixed double command "nilmodreset" in the Debug console help, that was actually the "nilmodsave" command (Which now displays its correct text).

new minor update that is primarily fixes, this time I'm making it a double post (I have been trying to avoid this but I have seen many hosts with out of date versions, since I've fixed most of the issues other than a slight rewiring issue of unmodified clients -> modded servers and possibly modded clients -> unmodified servers (Shouldn't cause issues though but it could).

17:02:2018 Changes:
- bug-fix for client not sending return sync message
- bug-fix for server not sending on reload the new nilmodsettings to all modified clients (If there were 3, it sent it to 2. should correctly update all clients nilmodsettings now)
- bug-fix for name colours when not using recoloured names setting (Enemy teams are correctly red again when the server has set this to false).
- bug-fix from next version involving rewiring (Clients do not rip out wires they wished to move, causes a slight visual-only duplication with the unmodded)
- bug-fix for crash on relocate command (Woops! last fix with commands I think)
- bug-fix for ocean colour not being retroactive when reloading settings
- bug-fix to team selection logic (Host spectating and spectators count fixes)

- Added Homoglyph comparisons to Private Message logic

- Added new "HideConciousCreatureHealth" setting - unless a creature has a slight stun it tells the clients they have 100% health - it makes medical scanners incorrect as a side effect but hides creatures health bars unless they are stunned or of course dead (Makes combat in darkness a lot harder).

- Greatly improved fire extinguisher ability to fight fires (pulled from future versions of barotrauma + minor tweaking to range values), No longer will fires up a hatch be your arch nemesis.

- Added "OverrideServerSettings" variable, allows the default setup to override the main menu and original serversettings.xml where appropriate for the name/port and such. Not a 100% implemented feature but I havn't checked where/what its not implemented with.

This mod is great and the new version seems more stable. Thanks for all the hard work. I sometimes run the dedicated server from my toaster that has a direct connection to the router, and then actually play from my main computer that's only connected by WiFi, all to reduce packet loss for other players. Would posting dedicated server error reports be a waste since you aren't focusing on it?

First crash after 8 hours. I wasn't using the dedicated version. Sub selection was by vote while I slept and people were only choosing vanilla subs. I changed it to manual and chose the stinger, which triggered the crash on game start.

Barotrauma Client crash report (generated on 18/02/2018 10:35:52 AM)

Graphics mode: 1280x720 (BorderlessWindowed)
Level seed: GLrCnSse
Loaded submarine: JSC Stinger (AB6AFEC05A15376D487E9F3071987659)
Selected screen: Barotrauma.GameScreen
Server (Round had started)

System info:
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 64 bit
GPU name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
Display mode: {Width:1600 Height:900 Format:Color AspectRatio:1.777778}
GPU status: Normal

Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Target site: Void set_CollidesWith(FarseerPhysics.Dynamics.Category)
Stack trace:
at FarseerPhysics.Dynamics.Body.set_CollidesWith(Category value)
at Barotrauma.Ragdoll.UpdateCollisionCategories() in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Characters\Animation\Ragdoll.cs:line 774
at Barotrauma.EnemyAIController.Update(Single deltaTime) in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Characters\AI\EnemyAIController.cs:line 139
at Barotrauma.AICharacter.Update(Single deltaTime, Camera cam) in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Characters\AICharacter.cs:line 77
at Barotrauma.Character.UpdateAll(Single deltaTime, Camera cam) in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Characters\Character.cs:line 1751
at Barotrauma.GameScreen.Update(Double deltaTime) in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Screens\GameScreen.cs:line 151
at Barotrauma.GameMain.Update(GameTime gameTime) in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaClient\Source\GameMain.cs:line 444
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGameWindow.RunLoop()
at MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGamePlatform.RunLoop()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
at Barotrauma.Program.Main() in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaClient\Source\Program.cs:line 47

Last debug messages:
18/02/2018 10:35:50 AM - FixtureList is null!
18/02/2018 10:35:50 AM - PhysicsBody UserData: Barotrauma.Limb
18/02/2018 10:35:50 AM - Exception in PhysicsBody.Enabled = False (True) {Object reference not set to an instance of an object.}
at FarseerPhysics.Dynamics.Body.set_Enabled(Boolean value)
at Barotrauma.PhysicsBody.set_Enabled(Boolean value) in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Physics\PhysicsBody.cs:line 177
18/02/2018 10:35:50 AM - Exception in PhysicsBody.Enabled = False (True) {Object reference not set to an instance of an object.}
at Barotrauma.PhysicsBody.set_Enabled(Boolean value) in F:\Barotrauma\BT NilEdit\Barotrauma---Nilanths-Edits\Barotrauma\BarotraumaShared\Source\Physics\PhysicsBody.cs:line 177
18/02/2018 10:29:19 AM - Dregg Morris (217.71.61.177) has joined the server.
18/02/2018 10:28:14 AM - Robbie (173.176.2.143) has joined the server.
18/02/2018 10:27:37 AM - =) (178.219.88.10) has joined the server.
18/02/2018 10:23:47 AM - Recently Kicked Player John (John) (88.109.9.8) has joined the server.
18/02/2018 10:09:34 AM - PeePeePeters (82.30.73.240) has joined the server.
18/02/2018 10:08:36 AM - Aiden (68.107.54.192) has joined the server.
18/02/2018 10:08:11 AM - Aiden was kicked due to excessive desync (expected old event 409)
18/02/2018 10:06:43 AM - PeePeePeters (82.30.73.240) has joined the server.
18/02/2018 10:04:18 AM - Recently Kicked Player John (John) (88.109.9.8) has joined the server.
18/02/2018 9:57:40 AM - pimpor (193.169.122.70) has joined the server.
18/02/2018 9:50:16 AM - Cpt. Boombascrew (31.0.122.153) has joined the server.
18/02/2018 9:43:24 AM - John (88.109.9.8) has joined the server.
18/02/2018 9:41:17 AM - i am real was kicked due to excessive desync (expected old event 3387)