File access denied when trying to remove the folder

Jasperdoit
Class-D

File access denied when trying to remove the folder

Postby Jasperdoit » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Hello everyone,

People might be wondering things like: "Why would you ever want to delete this game from your drive? Its amazing!" The reason why is because I keep getting errors or executables getting removed. So this afternoon I got an error when I tried to join a server or host a game so I wanted to delete the game and install a fresh version. However unlike most removals, this time it gave me this error: "https://imgur.com/a/QhbtV" I'm literaly clueless at this moment. I've managed to install the game on a different location but its still bothering me that I can't remove that file/Folder.

I've already tried
- 5 Attempts of deleting it
- Deleting it after restarting my pc.
- CMD Del with administration rights

Could someone Please help me?

juanjpro
Barotrauma Developer

Re: File access denied when trying to remove the folder

Postby juanjpro » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Create a .ini file in your Barotrauma folder that contains the following:

Code: Select all

takeown /f *

Then, run that file. If it's successful, you should be able to delete the files.

If that doesn't work, try running the file as administrator, and then deleting the files as administrator.

If that still doesn't work, the ultimate solution would be to boot into a live Linux OS and remove the files from there.
Currently working on PulseGun and Barotrauma.

Jasperdoit
Class-D

Postby Jasperdoit » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:28 pm

juanjpro wrote:Create a .ini file in your Barotrauma folder that contains the following:

Code: Select all

takeown /f *

Then, run that file. If it's successful, you should be able to delete the files.

If that doesn't work, try running the file as administrator, and then deleting the files as administrator.

If that still doesn't work, the ultimate solution would be to boot into a live Linux OS and remove the files from there.

Thanks for your Reply! I do want to point out however that It should be a BAT file instead of INI file. Also I tried the things you told me. Still got the same error. Also, when I try to delete it trough CMD with Admin I get Access Denied. I don't think that I can do the Final solution because I don't have an installation of Linux and I'm too scared to mess with my BIOS or anything like that.

LordDoggo
Dr. Bright's Assistant

Postby LordDoggo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:54 pm

Jasperdoit wrote: the Final solution

Seigheil brother.
Just a Doggo that couldnt find a 90 x 90 Doggo picture. So Doggo used Cap'n Jack.

Return to “Bug reports”