[0.5.4.5] The Frozen Fleet

First off, love the idea of a custom subsforum, always thought my subs would get lost in the masses of posts.

But anyway, here are the pictures:
(Imgur, I just link ya to my post there since I still dont know how to post the images into THIS thread, sorry for that.)

And here are the subs:
https://mega.nz/#F!l10wSB7Y!vRlYbEgxwwXxrabeuDJrmw

And here is some basic information about what is gonna await you in my fleet:
Spoiler
In general, you are gonna face some semi-large submarines, mostly all with cargo hold, a few docks at the top, rendering it completely useless if you play with shuttles that dont have the fitting dock-direction (And no, I am not gonna just put some dock to the bottom, since mostly, the bottom is the ballast, which is a bad place to dock on, if you ask me.

Anyway, to help you on your beautiful journey through the caves of Europa, we/I equipped most of our vessels with proper armament: Nuclear shells, a shit load of guns, an amount of railgun shells 12 times the actual guns etc.

So, thats everything, following you will see a list of the Fleet. Also warning, I am turning "formal advertiser mode".
Also as an side note: All the subs have an "FF" tag at the front now, in order to find them easier.
We/I divide the fleet into two groups at the moment: Test vehicles and Model line members.

Test vehicles: Vessels, that are functioning vessels that CAN navigate on their own, yet have been made use very basic technoligies, and are more of an frustration, rather than a challenge.

The Icepickle
Spoiler
Test submarine

Ideal crew setup: 8 crewmembers
1 Captain (Command/Steering)
1 Security Officer (Security)
2 Mechanics (Repairs)
2 Engineers (Repairs)
1 Medical Doctor (Medicine)
1 Assistant (Diving/Steering/Shooting/Repairs/General assisting/etc.)

Armament:
Railguns: 4

Being even made before the creation of the Frozen Fleet as an whole, the Icepickle was merely an test in order to get a feeling on the arts of sub creation.
It utilizes 4 railguns, which give its an 360° cover up, which, due to it having 6 nukes per gun, are utterly devastating for most sealife.
Yet despite that, its security is heavily outdated and it was left as merely the start of our Fleet.
The Cold Splitter:
Spoiler
Test Shuttle

Ideal crew setup: 1 + the rest
1 Captain (Steering)

Armament:
None

This shuttle was merely a placeholder for future shuttles to come. It has an extremely basic docking system, with no camera, forcing one to waste minutes at trying to dock on.
Then there are the "Model lines" (which, to be honest, are merely an excuse for me to not come up with good names, ice-based names). These are the main part of the fleet, and every line takes multiple submarines of different shape, up to an maxiumum of five, yet we/I are far away from that, yet.

The Blizzard Model 1
Spoiler
Heavy assault vessel

Ideal crew setup: 16 crewmembers
2 Security Officers (Security/Guns/Brig)
1 Security Assistant (Security/Guns)
2 Medical Doctors (Medicine/Health of crew)
2 Medical Assistants (First aid)
4 Engineers (Reactor/Power/Repairs)
4 Mechanics (Reactor/Doors/Construction)

Armamants:
Railguns: 6
Depth charges: 7 (4+3)

Docks:
-Snowflake Model 1
-Rescue shuttles with bottom docks.

Being the first Model sub created, it set the standards of the Frozen Fleet, strenght, nukes, full packed cargo etc.
It is very simplistic, and, if one knows where everything is, can be used by one man alone on even the most dangerous of missions.
Also, due to its large cargo, you will do hard to end up with no fuel rods left.
The Icepeak Model 1
Spoiler
Light assault/control submarine

Ideal crew setup: 12 crewmembers
1 Command Assistant (Steering/Possible second in command)
2 Security Officers (Security/Brig/Guns)
2 Medical Doctors (Medicine/First aid)
3 Engineers (Reactor/Repairs/Power)
3 Mechanics (Reactor/Repairs/Construction)

Armament:
Railguns: 7

Docks:
-Snowflake Model 1
-The Cold Splitter
-Rescue shuttles with bottom dock

The Icepeak Model 1 was the second model line installed. Yet, to the disappointment to many, the focus of the Icepeak wasnt to attack others, but to attack attackers attacking a point. It makes use of its seven railguns to fulfill that goal, attacking everyone that dares to interfere with its operations.
The Schneelanze Modell 1 (~Snowlance Model 1)
Spoiler
Quick assault submarine

Ideal crew setup: 8 crewmembers
1 Security Officer (Security/Brig/Guns)
1 Medical Doctor (Medicine/First aid)
1 Medical Assistant (First aid)
2 Engineers (Reactor/Repairs/Power)
2 Mechanics (Reactor/Repairs/Construction)

Armaments:
Railguns: 5
Depth Charges: 1 (With Camera)

Docks:
-Snowflake Model 1
-Rescue shuttles with bottom docks
The third sub line installed, for medium-sized crews. Its main focus is to come from A to B in a matter of seconds, being fast enough to either find itself in a wall, or find the enemy in pieces while not taking serious damage.
Frostbite Model 1
Spoiler
Recon/Assault submarine

Ideal crew setup: 4 crewmembers
1 Captain (Command/Driver)
1 Engineer (Reactor/Repairs/Guns)
1 Mechanic (Construction/Repairs/Guns)
1 Assistant/Security Officer (XO/Guns/Security/Diver)

Armaments:
Railguns: 3
Depth Charges: None

Docks:
-FFE Icebolt
-Rescue shuttles with bottom docks, OR left side docks
The fourth sub line installed, the Frostbite Model 1 was made for low sized crews, only having limited tools, yet can still defend itself when all guns have been manned from attacks of most angles. It also introduces an size-dependant docking system, which allows easy docking from the right side, aslong as the shuttle has the correct size.
Snowflake Model 1
Spoiler
Self-sustaining shuttle

Ideal crew setup: 3 crewmembers
1 Captain (Steering/Order)
1 Engineer (Repairs/Terminal)
1 Mechanic (Repairs/Engine)
(Possible: 1 Assistant: (Steering/Spotter)

Being the first shuttle Model line, the Snowflake Model 1 sets its focus on self-sustainment, and not being helpless due to minimal damage.
it comes with a few electrical circuits, wires, masks and tools, in order to help you through your survival.
Now introducing the next type of shuttle, the FFE shuttles. Those are not-in-model-line escape shuttles which have to be charged by the main sub and are not given out to every sub. They are mostly going to be fitted out with equipment essential to the survival of crewmembers, welders, cutters, electrical components,suits etc.

The FFE Icebolt
Spoiler
Escape shuttle

Ideal crew setup: 1 crewmember + the rest (commonly 3)
1 Captain (Steering/Command)
1 Engineer (Repairs/Terminal)
1 Mechanic (Repairs/Engine)
1 Assistant/Security Officer (Steering/Order)

Armament: None

Ports: Left side port perfectly fitting into the Frostbite Model 1

The FFE Icebolt is the first FFE escape shuttle designed and was made in conjunction with the Frostbite Model 1, and does perfectly fit onto the latters side dock.
It features a power switch, as to not waste energy while it is being charged by the main sub.
These were the parts of the Frozen Fleet now, yet obviously, there are more to come.
Last edited by Frostdemon727 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hi,

I'm Frost.