Re: [0.8.1.4] Jupiter Submarine Company (Billsofat's Submarines)

Just a quick update of what is going on (or the lack of). It's obvious I haven't been around for a few months. I've just been playing other games, but I may be getting back into Barotrauma a bit now.

The reason for the lack of the Model 150 release involves a bug in the sub editor which is fixed in the dev branch, but not master branch, so 0.8.1.4 did not fix it. There is a work around that I could do, but just haven't felt like it, in hopes that the fix may be coming in a soon update. I may go and finish the sub with the workaround sometime soon, but not sure yet.

As for my other subs, I can't think of much else to add right now, but they should all still be working fine.

I do have ideas for new sub designs. I may start on them soon, and see how they go.

Re: [0.8.1.10] [NEW RELEASE] Jupiter Submarine Company (Billsofat's Submarines)

Hi Billsofat,

Cool to see your newest sub, the Model 150! As I read it is a sub to be controlled manually, I was expecting that this is going to be difficult to be put in use at our servers. After testing the model 150, I was surprised how well this is working actually. I was able to navigate the submarine through rocks with a set of buttons. Since this is working so well, I want to give it a test at our servers. The main boundary will be that players will not understand initally what the buttons can do. This is what I want to test, will players understand that they need to use the set of buttons?

Added the JSC Model 150 to BT #1 and BT #2 (testing)

Hope it's working out well!
http://barotrauma-server.com/ - Barotrauma Server 24/7 - BT Public 24/7 - Join and play!

Hello, I would like to announce that I have just written a guide for driving with the manual controls on the Model 150. After using it a few times on my server, I realized I should explain how to pilot the submarine. The guide is located in the Model 150 section of the main post.

LandonGam3r wrote:Hi Billsofat,

Cool to see your newest sub, the Model 150! As I read it is a sub to be controlled manually, I was expecting that this is going to be difficult to be put in use at our servers. After testing the model 150, I was surprised how well this is working actually. I was able to navigate the submarine through rocks with a set of buttons. Since this is working so well, I want to give it a test at our servers. The main boundary will be that players will not understand initally what the buttons can do. This is what I want to test, will players understand that they need to use the set of buttons?

Hello Landon,

Glad to see it passed your test. Let me know if there are any problems or questions. Also, like I stated above, I just wrote a guide on the manual controls. I'm only mentioning it again in case it would be of any use to your server, though I understand the potential complications of directing players to a guide just for a single submarine.

Hello Bill!

I have some question for you:

Have you ever wandered about making a submarine having similar traits to vanilla submarines, so similar they would make this submarine a vanilla submarine by barotrauma's developer decision? Symptoms included:

*Reactor on shutdown temperature of 500, disabled automated heat control and one fuel rod on start.

*Backup batteries of 2000kW maximum capacity and most likely set to 0% by default (Aegir has 30% by default).

*Railgun loaders are partially loaded or not laded at all.

*Three C4 in lockers with two detonators, fire extinguisher, spare wires and more.

*Encountered welding tools have no fuel inside, but near them. Same thing with plasma cutters.

*Diving suits are in airlock and are having no oxygen.

*Command informs, if reactor generates 7000 or more heat and allows to shutdown reactor.

*Docking hatch of your own design.

*No docking port.

*Most pumps disabled and set to 0%.

*Only one engine, plus it's regular.

*Optional: If your submarine is large you can give it The Blind Carp as a shuttle (The Nibbler is already in Aegir's use).

*Has some special specific traits no other vanilla submarines have. You decide what it is, it may not have to obey one of above symptoms.

Remember, that's your submarine and your rules, but it obviously has not to be overpowered.
Barotrauma submarine designer- rico6822

rico6822 wrote:Hello Bill!

I have some question for you:

Have you ever wandered about making a submarine having similar traits to vanilla submarines, so similar they would make this submarine a vanilla submarine by barotrauma's developer decision? Symptoms included:

*Reactor on shutdown temperature of 500, disabled automated heat control and one fuel rod on start.

*Backup batteries of 2000kW maximum capacity and most likely set to 0% by default (Aegir has 30% by default).

*Railgun loaders are partially loaded or not laded at all.

*Three C4 in lockers with two detonators, fire extinguisher, spare wires and more.

*Encountered welding tools have no fuel inside, but near them. Same thing with plasma cutters.

*Diving suits are in airlock and are having no oxygen.

*Command informs, if reactor generates 7000 or more heat and allows to shutdown reactor.

*Docking hatch of your own design.

*No docking port.

*Most pumps disabled and set to 0%.

*Only one engine, plus it's regular.

*Optional: If your submarine is large you can give it The Blind Carp as a shuttle (The Nibbler is already in Aegir's use).

*Has some special specific traits no other vanilla submarines have. You decide what it is, it may not have to obey one of above symptoms.

Remember, that's your submarine and your rules, but it obviously has not to be overpowered.
No, I haven't really thought about it. Have they said they are interested in it, or is this your idea?

I've done an upgrade of the Aegir, and was thinking about doing it to more of them. But I guess I could do a a new one. Maybe.

Billsofat wrote:Hello, I would like to announce that I have just written a guide for driving with the manual controls on the Model 150. After using it a few times on my server, I realized I should explain how to pilot the submarine. The guide is located in the Model 150 section of the main post.

LandonGam3r wrote:Hi Billsofat,

Hello Landon,

Glad to see it passed your test. Let me know if there are any problems or questions. Also, like I stated above, I just wrote a guide on the manual controls. I'm only mentioning it again in case it would be of any use to your server, though I understand the potential complications of directing players to a guide just for a single submarine.
No problem Billsofat, I will let you know if there are any problems. Thank you for writing the guide :)
I just did a small test on how a small crew deals with the JSC Model 150. This actually went suprisingly well, the crew had a thought about on start, figured it out eventually and even finished the round!
Looking good so far :D
http://barotrauma-server.com/ - Barotrauma Server 24/7 - BT Public 24/7 - Join and play!