[v0.5.4.5] [REL] Nehalennia Mk II [Latest update: 20th of May 2017]

March 28th update:
Added proper lighting in the diving suit closet. Now you can see the buttons above you so you won't get locked in and die.

May 20th update:
Added a "Vanilla" version. This version has most pixel art removed to prevent lag. It is recommended that you download this if you're planning on using it on your server. The original version has been renamed the "Batavia Edition".

This is the Nehalennia Mk II. A complete redesign of the original Nehalennia by Undertow Games.

The Nehalennia Mk II has changed a lot since its predecessor. The first most obvious change is the pretty decorations, like flags and plants.

The custom decorations:

A quick summary of the new features:
The sub has thicker hulls and extra added protection to windows and the ballast. A third railgun on the back. A shuttle on the bottom and a second airlock on the top. Added several flood prevention mechanisms. Added pretty decorations.

Side by side comparison with the Nehalennia Mk I
Spoiler
Full list of changes:

Combat
Spoiler
• moved the two front Railguns further outwards to increase their range around the sub.
• Added a third Railgun on the back to ward off pursuing enemies.
• Added a munitions closet filled with Railgun Shells and Depth Charges.
• Added C4 payload to all Railgun Shells (except Nuclear Shells)
• Railguns can target the sub hull to dispose of smaller creatures lurking against it.
The back railgun can't however. To prevent people from nuking the reactor.
Hull/Flood prevention
Spoiler
• Replaced most outer hull parts with their heavy variants.
• Added a "crumple zone" to the bottom of the ballast. Allowing the sub to survive most rock bottom hits.
• Indented windows to decrease their likelyhood of being targeted.
• Added doors/hatches behind windows to protect the room. (They close when the easy-to-break windows are breached, thus preventing the room from flooding. Only if it's just the window that's breached of course.)
• Added "revolving" doors to critical areas to keep most water out during a flood
• "Revolving" door placed in front of the reactor. Allowing people to enter a few times before the reactor is submerged.
• Added pump in the reactor's "revolving" door. Allowing the pumping of water before a crewmember leaves the reactor room.
• Added "revolving" door to junction room.
• Added door in front of the engine. Keep this door closed as much as possible.
All pumps automatically turn on when water is detected. Restoring power and fixing breaches is all you need to do.
Electronics
Spoiler
• Moved all junction boxes to the hallway connecting the main engineering room. Protected them with the "revolving" doors.
• The Status Monitors now also display hull breaches and air quality. (apparently it's just a matter of checking a box in the submarine editor)
• Added several water detectors, all connected to pumps.
• Added a warning light for when there's a risk of the reactor overheating.
• Added "Auxillary" power. Only turn this on if the following requirements are met:
○ Hull breaches are fixed
○ Reactor unable to generate power
○ Rooms flooded with water
Its sole purpose is to allow the sub to pump out water while the reactor is down.
• Restricted areas can now be opened/closed on the inside by any crewmember. Now trustworthy crewmembers can close restricted doors that people have forgotten to close.
• Added battery in the Command Centre. Can power the Nav and Status Monitor when the reactor is down. Only turn on for short amounts of time.
• Added battery in Medbay. Can be used to power the backup Oxygen Generator and the pump inside the Medbay. Allowing the medbay to be used as a hiding place during a flood.
• Added sirens throughout the sub.
Command
Spoiler
• Can switch between primary and auxillary power
• Turn on/off lights throughout the sub
• Can turn on/off the sirens
• Automatic Reactor Overheat siren and light
• Double layered heavy hull
• windows protected by doors and hatches
Added a diving suit in the room in case of flooding
EVA
Spoiler
• Docked a Nibbler shuttle to the lower airlock
• Added a second airlock(upper airlock) to the top of the sub, next to the command deck.
• Second dock outside of the upper airlock
Put the diving suits in a closet.
Décor
Spoiler
• Added a dutch flag outside the upper airlock
• Added dutch flag banners throughout the sub
• Added a Medic banner in the Medbay
• Added slopes to the outside of the sub
• Added dutch flags to the slopes
• Changed the background walls
• Painted the cabinets orange
• Added plants

Below you can find the two different versions. The Batavia Edition is the original, with all the pixel art that it was made with. The Vanilla Edition is the version that is recommended for servers, most pixel art is removed from this version.

Download links:
Batavia Edition
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mc0lxilum16z ... n.sub?dl=0

Vanilla Edition
https://www.dropbox.com/s/28jpei0fpsyuw ... I.sub?dl=0
Last edited by Sir_Jay on Fri May 26, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Re: [v0.5.4.5] [REL] Nehalennia Mk II

LandonGam3r wrote: However, me and etet tested the sub and everytime doors are opened it causes an FPS drop.
I've been unable to recreate the problem. My guess though, is that it has too many "items" to render. With that in mind I've removed the sprite palette, a banner in engineering, some miscellaneous junk and halved the amount of external lights.

Which brought down the total amount of "items" from 1712 to 1363 (349 items total). Which also lowered the file size from 41 KB down to 37 KB.

I think that may have solved part of the FPS drop. :D

Re: [v0.5.4.5] [REL] Nehalennia Mk II

LandonGam3r wrote:My laptop is not the worst, but I guess a good test to keep as average of the community playing on the server.
Is it every door or just specific doors? Perhaps if people were to playtest it on your server we might be able to find out more ;)

Besides, if I'm correct, the server takes some of the work load away from people's computers. So it might actually be fine :P

But that's just me hoping to see it on your server :laugh: