Re: [0.8.1.12][WIP - 15/08/18] Seven Deadly Sins

I like how people are still messaging me about problems with submarines last updated 11 months ago for an outdated version of the game for submarines that are labelled as 'Prototypes.' I guess it's made me remember this game exists though sooo.

Yeah. I've brought the SDS Envy series back up to the current version of the game and fixed the problems I found. I'll probably finish the ones I was working on / update the other released submarines at some point. Hope you people enjoy it, and I'm glad to see the amount of players on this game has increased by like, a very big amount. No longer are the days of sitting in a lobby for hours waiting for people to join!

Re: [0.8.1.12][15/08/18] Seven Deadly Sins

Glad you updated and released 3 of your latest (yet been a while :D ) subs, Esoudiere. I have kept an eye on this topic for a while and had it noted under 'WIP subs', as all of them where in prototype status.

Along with updating the servers today, I have checked and added new submarines. This includes the SDS Envy Mk I, SDS Envy Mk II and SDS Envy Mk III.
Just like your previous subs, the SDS line subs are complex, sturdy and nicely designed. Hope to see the others released in the future aswell!
http://barotrauma-server.com/ - Barotrauma Server 24/7 - BT Public 24/7 - Join and play!

Re: [0.8.1.12][21/08/18] Seven Deadly Sins

Hey man, loved your SDS Envy mkII design. However, because I kept tinkering with it, I ended up doing a complete redesign. Basically, it's now, like, 40% of the ship it was before, so I thought, I might aswell share it here. And sorry in advance for my bad english.

SDS Envy Mark Delta
My main goal was to make it as robust, sturdy and practical as possible, while not going completely overboard (get it? overboard?... sorry) with game balance. Also I wanted to make a really easy-to-use co-op ship for 2-4 people, so I could try to lure my friends into playing barotrauma.

Also, yes, some features were removed, because of different reasons. Like bottom airlock and a second railgun. I thought they were a bit redundant on a ship of this size. And an airlock also had a bug with random clanging noises which was unnerving to me. Or projectors, because you can't turn them off (believe me, I've tried) and I wanted a "stealth mode" with outdoor lights off.

Features:
  1. - Redesigned, more armored (and a little bit more stylish IMO) hull with fall dampeners. Not sure if they work, but I hope they do. If not, atleast they look cool.
  • - Your power control grid was nice, but since it was a little bit buggy and quite complex, I had to throw it away in favor of a simpler set of switches.
  • - More stuff onboard (yes because it's an easy-mode ship).
  • - More agile, atleast in theory (slightly stronger engines, slightly improved ballast).
  • - Remade powergrid. More power-hungry and battery reliant, but should be more stable (I hope). Yours caused overload sometimes.
  • - Smart airlock, flood alarm, reactor alarm, doors with movement sensors (which also stop working underwater, to prevent accidental flooding).
  • - Logistically improved layout, some tips around the ship, everyone has access to everything (because co-op).
So, anyone interested. Test it and give me your feedback. But I mostly hope for issues-related feedback, not on which stuff I should remove, add or remake.

Cheers.

rightIntoTheNoose wrote:Hey man, loved your SDS Envy mkII design. However, because I kept tinkering with it, I ended up doing a complete redesign. Basically, it's now, like, 40% of the ship it was before, so I thought, I might aswell share it here. And sorry in advance for my bad english.

Omg I actually love this. So stylish! Way better looking than my ship by far, thank you so much for taking the time to make it. I'm definitely sticking this in the OP for you. My only issue with it would be how cramped it is (and I dun like the look of stacked batteries / lockers / whatever) but like, I get it kinda needs to be that way :e: The bottom airlock also existed for compatibility with the default shuttles for docking :p

Also, I love the black!

(youshouldtotallymakemoresubmarinesbecausethiswasjustamodificationbutitsgreat)

Esoudiere wrote: Omg I actually love this. So stylish! Way better looking than my ship by far, thank you so much for taking the time to make it. I'm definitely sticking this in the OP for you. My only issue with it would be how cramped it is (and I dun like the look of stacked batteries / lockers / whatever) but like, I get it kinda needs to be that way :e: The bottom airlock also existed for compatibility with the default shuttles for docking :p
Aww, thanks man.

Yeah, I agree that lockers look ugly. They also sometimes glitch through each other and there's nothing I can do with it. There just isn't anything bigger than chem/first-aid lockers and smaller than those ones. You also couldn't rescale stationary items for some reason, even through, IMO, you totally should be able to. Well, anyway, if you squeeze your eyes just right, you can imagine that it's two smaller lockers standing on top of each other.

As for crampedness - I even kinda like it that way. No space wasted, you know? It's a submarine after all.

Also, I updated a link (I think), so you may change a date in OP if you want.

Fixes:
  1. Reactor now starts an alarm when at temperatures 0-2000 and 8000-10000 instead of just at 0. It didn't alarm me when the fuel was depleted, since depleted reactor never truly reaches 0. Yes, I had to figure out RegEx and also have a peek at the source code. :D
  • You can now force open an airlock from inside when flooded (was blocked whenever the room with diving gear was flooded or when pumps weren't working).
  • Slightly more convenient crafting materials.
  • Some other inventory adjustments.
  • Other small fixes which I don't remember.