[0.6.1.4] ASV Danate MKII

This is the ASV Danate Mk 2. The Mk 1 was more a sub editor prototype than anything, but this is the first submarine I've made that functions at least as well as the vanilla subs. The Danate is heavily armed for its size, and has a number of efficiency-based features to make not drowning a little easier.
Many rooms of the ship are sectioned off tightly and compartmentalized to make breaches minimally impacting. Pumps are placed strategically to allow for easy displacement after repairs are made. Some junctions that had spare power slots were linked to other junctions across the ship for in-a-pinch power distributions. Fire extinguishers are placed at important locations along with a few reserves in cabinets. Armor placement is effective if not underwhelming, however the compartmentalization mostly makes up for it's somewhat fragile design. The reactor is housed near the center of the ship for maximum protection from all sides. The Access Well acts as the main way to move between levels and rooms, going from the bridge all the way down to the ballasts. An additional ladder is near the rear of the ship, but only goes between deck 2 and 3.

Rooms are listed from left to right.

THE BRIDGE
Features a safe room with a pressure suit, a harpoon gun, and it's own pump. The window of the bridge is self-sealing in case of it being broken. The bridge also has two buttons: one that toggles the main pump (located at the bottom of the Access Well) and another that seals all doors on the ship. The bridge and safe room are only accessibly by COM-level ID cards.

Level 1
The Airlock. Features enough pressure suits for 5 crewmen, along with plenty of equipment in the cabinet. The inner door will only open if the outer door is sealed and there is no water in the airlock, preventing a number of awful flooding accidents.
The Officer's Quarters. Basic equipment in a cabinet along with the oxygen generator (both connected to junctions and directly to the reactor).
Officer's Stores. Contains explosives, and items similarly found in the Bridge's safe room.
Railgun Two. Complete with sonar monitor (preferably only used at Captain's orders or when an attack is impending and target locations are needed).

Level 2
Railgun 1. For details, see Railgun 2
Maintenance Hall. Short hallway that acts as both a buffer and an access corridor. Allows access to Deck 3.
Crew Quarters. Basic necessities, oxygen masks, etc. Nothing fancy.
Weapon Support Center. Divided into two rooms for compartmentalization. Features all the supercapacitors, loading systems, and a depth charge with 4 shots (and camera for accuracy).
Railgun Access Corridor. no explanation needed

Level 3
Engine Room. Contains a fabricator and a deconstructor, along with rear camera visibility.
Access corridor. Allows access to Deck 2 and provides additional space between the ocean and the reactor.
Engineering. Houses the reactor and 2 grid-linked batteries, along with sonar and hull monitors.
Cargo Hold. Has a few additional scrap materials (so maybe people will use the fabricator) and some basic items.
Medical. Holds the medical supplies. Only accessible by MED-level ID cards.
Railgun 3. see Railgun 2

Level 4
Three ballast rooms and an access hallway.

I'm a perfectionist, so improvements on this will be made in the future (and I've already changed a number of things since before even finishing this post). Additional armored components, more efficiency in design, new/interesting wiring ideas, some aesthetic improvements, etc. With luck this thing will float for more than a few minutes. Can't wait to hear feedback, and hope you all enjoy! :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h5kw8ge2u ... ate_II.sub

*Patch on 11/13: Added missing Gaps in Access Well. Spotted by LandonGam3r
Last edited by CaptainJin on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: [0.6.1.4] ASV Danate MKII

Hey CaptainJin, nice sub you've created there :D
I gave it a short test today and everything seems to work very well, the sub is agile, has a stable grid and is well stocked.
I like the medical cabinets put in nearly every room. :)

I have added the submarine to BT Public #1 for multiplayer testing. If there is anything not working correctly, I will make sure to let you know!
http://barotrauma-server.com/ - Barotrauma Server 24/7 - BT Public 24/7 - Join and play!

Thanks for the kind words Landon :) And thanks for giving it some publicity, haha. A lot of minor features are gonna be changed to give the sub a bit more balance/variety.

Next update will include:
- Additional armor points
- Additional ballast entrances (Probably just open-access hatches from the Engine Room and Medical, nothing fancy. This will also give crewmen/traitors more mobility options)
- More item scarcity (The Danate is a little over-supplied in comparison to similar vessels. This was originally done to give item redundancy in case of foul play, but it almost makes it too secure)
- More organized Weapon Systems/Railguns (I like how currently the Railgun operators have to focus on hitting a target while someone is in Weapon Support giving capacitor and ammo feedback, but it feels a little clunky)
- Aesthetic Improvements (general shape/room design it looks fine now, but add some QoL sort of stuff, fins, external wiring, etc.)
- In addition to the "com" and "med" ID cards, implementing a "mec" and "eng" for Mechanics and Engineers, respectively. Limiting access throughout the ship to people who's jobs are there, and giving more reign to "com" for Captain/Security Officers free reign throughout. This is more experimentation than anything, and if people aren't having fun with the idea, it's easily fixed.

Trying only update it when enough changes permit it, but god is it hard XD

CaptainJin wrote:Thanks for the kind words Landon :) And thanks for giving it some publicity, haha.
That's fine :D , when people make effort to create new subs I am happy to give it some publicity. In return this creates more variety at BT Public (and barotrauma MP in general), which is great!

I wanted to let you know there is a tiny problem with the ASV Danate. It's at the moment not game breaking, but it does generate confusion. I have made a screenshot of the problem.
As you can see, it's just a matter of some missing horizontal gaps. Good luck with the updates you have mentioned, looks good!
http://barotrauma-server.com/ - Barotrauma Server 24/7 - BT Public 24/7 - Join and play!

Hello CaptainJin,

From December the 6th till December the 21th, the Barotrauma Server community (BT Public 24/7 #1) held a vote. This vote had the purpose to improve the submarine list in rotation at the server, by sorting out the "bad" and the "good". In this process, it was also possible to add notitions for each sub, including yours!

If you are interested, the voting form is still accessible for reading. Here is the link: https://goo.gl/forms/gZhlOYQu8vSBBZKn2

Greetings,

Landon