Brick:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv3i47oo58frl ... k.sub?dl=0
Magic Carpet:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3uz8xff86nuho ... t.sub?dl=0
CLS Aegis - core:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zoy92xl3z6fpl ... e.sub?dl=0
Mine - bottom:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gttzj0yku8fl ... m.sub?dl=0

CLS Columbus is a big and very old sub, originally a makeshift one made out of containers to which it owes its blocky look. During its service it has been broken and rebuilt numerous times, resulting in its mostly neat and modern look and while still having some old or defunct parts.
Sub was built to withstand almost everything and to be repairable to a working condition by a single person: there are unwired shuttle engines on the top left in case engines break and all mechanics die and a lot of relay components in one of the cabinets in case there are no engineers alive to fix junctions. In case reactor is destroyed there's an infinite power supply on the bottom right (which uses power splitting bug), which can be replicated on other batteries in junctions room to provide all the power you might need. In case nav terminal breaks you can always repurpose one from the shuttle. Columbus also has ample supplies to keep doctors busy fabricating drugs instead of murdering the crew and a lot of weapons for captain to nip any mutiny at the bud.
Other than a lot of stun batons (for sub vs sub mode) security room features an execution/trash disposal chamber, just put a person in there and press flush button, they'll get dumped outside. Other people can observe execution from the room below through glass windows. No more swimming outside in a suit to dump corpses.
Be warned: junction room is prone to catching fires in rare cases where several buffer batteries fully charge at once and stop drawing power from the grid.

Brick is designed to fit into slots on top of Columbus, otherwise its a pretty generic shuttle which could also work independently.

Magic carpet is my attempt at abusing as many mechanics as possible completely disregarding RP to make a practical utilitarian vessel, it is completely unbreakable, unsinkable, has basically infinite power and unless you open "airlock" it cannot be entered by anyone including monsters. The only way to unwillingly die in it is to get thrown outside by ramming into rock or getting rammed by a monster. Shuttle has enough morbusine to kill endworms and can easily swim in abyss.
You could say it is why current sub editor is crap, imho hulls (like gaps) should be generated automatically, and player should have no control over gaps and hulls. And less control over electric stuff, its really weird that you can make shuttle engine use 0 power and have it work, all other things require at least 1 power.

Aegis - core is a part of the ship in the works. Trying to make a hard to grief ship, this will be a module for captain from which he can pilot the ship and keep watch of reactor. Crew may kill each other all they want but they cant access captain or damage his shuttle without getting out of the ship - thats the idea. As ship is is still raw it lacks cosmetic stuff completely. Shuttle actually works but for some mysterious reason (ballast is almost ideally balanced btw) autopilot tends to ram it into ceilings and floors so try avoiding using it.

Mine - bottom is a mine with a docking hatch at its bottom side. Its inert and completely safe when attached to a submarine, but 1 second after release it gets armed and if its hull breaks it explodes (if you think you need more time just edit that one delay component).
Note: I couldn't come up with a way to make it stay still. Using nav terminal would require to add a way for a person to get in to enable autopilot (enabling it in sub editor does nothing), it creates many problems. Right now mine only fills itself with water to neutral buoyancy, it doesn't stop but it continues traveling in mostly the same direction as the main submarine upon release while slowing down very slowly.
The upside is that if you want to attach it to your submarine you only need a docking hatch outside (no need to make access for humans) and a button to undock it, everything else is performed by the mine automatically.
Indicator on top left shows whether the mine is armed or not (red - not armed). Mine contains 16 detonators worth of IC-4, destroys hulls in a large radius and kills most small creatures instantly. Sonar inside produces sound and attracts such creatures.
Last edited by Clueless on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Re: [WIP] Stuff

I simply wished to comment on the Magic Carpet and your comment on why the sub editor is crap. I for one think the in game tweakability of the machines is a god send. If one wanted to, one could just add their own variant of machines that "cheat". No way to get past mechanic abuse. But the ability to manually define everything allows one to be creative. If people make game-breaking submarines and that irks you, then don't use 'em. Same with like cheat mods for various Steam workshop games. Don't wanna cheat? Don't use em. And since servers are all user hosted, the server host controls what submarines are selectable. Don't like a certain submarine? Don't put it in your server rotation. So yeah, rant over, I completely hope that the variables of control for our submarines is kept as is, or expanded upon, for the sake of creativity.

HalfdeadKiller wrote:... If one wanted to, one could just add their own variant of machines that "cheat". No way to get past mechanic abuse. But the ability to manually define everything allows one to be creative. If people make game-breaking submarines and that irks you, then don't use 'em. ...
Making submarines is not an option but a necessary part of the game, unless you are ok with using only one of the 3 default subs, and being able to create stuff like Magic carpet takes the fun out of designing subs.

People get creative when they have clearly defined rules. Remember Kerbal space program - you have clearly defined parts, ways of sticking them together, you can edit them somewhat (e.g. reducing amount of fuel in tanks if you want to keep weight down), but you cannot make weightless engines with infinite fuel. People have to design rockets paying attention to minute details. In barotrauma, being able to make shuttle engine which runs without power takes the fun from designing.

I'm not against designing cheaty subs or against cheats - but leave them outside of players reach. When playing I can easily kill every enemy via console and stay immortal and fix the ship - but that's external intervention into the game, not a part of it, and the players know it. Same here - you should be able to add zero power engines and capacitors with millions of capacity - but you should have to use special means, maybe enable debug mode or disable realism or whatever you may call it, not normal sub maker.

But, you can make weightless fuel tanks in Kerbal Space Program. You can custom make parts using the semi simple part.cfg's in the game files. I still don't see why you want tools to be removed from an editor. Plus I think coding automatically generated hulls might be difficult. And it would also make odd shaped submarines difficult to define the boundaries for. If a submarine is too easy, then either edit it so it isn't as easy, or just don't play the submarine. No one is forcing anyone to play on a specific submarine. Hell, half the playerbase manages to kill themselves without even moving from the starting area, so being able to make cheaty pieces of equipment should be the least of one's concerns.

Yeah, but editing config files isnt exactly a part of the game. My problem isnt that you can do advanced stuff, but that stuff that allows cheating is part of the game. It ruins balance, it ruins fun. You want cheating, you want infinite force and power for zero cost - you do it in a special mode, or in a mod.

Anyway, I updated the Columbus:
-IDs in captain cabinet now actually give access
-added hatches in top and bottom parts of stairs, now you won't sink if a crawler bites a hole on top of the ladder
-replaced reactor room door with airlock-type double door
-made those yellowish lamps in top left have less range (that's supposed to be the old part of the ship with outdated incandescent or halogen lamps)
-some cosmetic changes

Unfortunately it seems AI cannot open hatches and get stuck trying to reload guns or when running around fixing leaks. :|

Looks proficient to me, but it's a cheat submarine, since it's using unlimited power bug.

PROS:
*Secured by railguns from all the sides.
*Shuttles doesn't make it more difficult to land.
*2 Docking ports.
*Simple to get around the ship.
*Logically looking beginning resupply....

CONS:
*...with an exception of one locker being colored in purple and being attached to wall (who serious does that).
*Docking ports doesn't support docking hatches.
*It's cheating as it uses unlimited power bug.
*20000 charge in one battery. Nuclear generator explodes at producing 9500 at once. Can a single battery endure it? Than those shuttles are ridiculously expensive.

Question:
Executed players respawns in respawn shuttles. Are prisons not better? Even if those execution chambers could be prisons, other crew members may sneak by and kill griefer resulting in spawning him in respawn shuttle.

AM I ON YES?

YES, I CONSIDER YOUR FIRST SUBMARINE AND THOSE BRICKS GOOD.
Barotrauma submarine designer- rico6822

rico6822 wrote:Looks proficient to me, but it's a cheat submarine, since it's using unlimited power bug...
...*It's cheating as it uses unlimited power bug.
The small grid (consisting of 2 relays, 1 button, 1 lamp and 1 battery) which uses the bug is not connected to the main grid, its just a toy in the ballast (bottom right corner) to play with. After testing it seems it doesn't even work as intended, not that it matters. Its supposed to be a remnant of old like those unwired junctions on top left and top right.
rico6822 wrote: CONS:
*...with an exception of one locker being colored in purple and being attached to wall (who serious does that).
Colored cabinets show which explosive is inside. Red explosives (ic-4) are in a red one, purple explosives (compound N) in a purple one etc.
There are also three dark red storages which contain dangerous stuff (poisons, nitro, eggs) - cabinet and a medkit in command another medkit in medbay.
rico6822 wrote: *Docking ports doesn't support docking hatches.
There are no docks on the ship other than those where Bricks are docked at. You can't dock a third shuttle to the ship. Those airlocks on the sides are just that - airlocks.
rico6822 wrote: *20000 charge in one battery. Nuclear generator explodes at producing 9500 at once. Can a single battery endure it? Than those shuttles are ridiculously expensive.
Many shuttles raise default charge on batteries. 20000 charge is a total amount, one battery still outputs 500 charge max. Using default 2000 charge means that you run out of power midway on long maps (2000m+).
rico6822 wrote: Question:
Executed players respawns in respawn shuttles. Are prisons not better? Even if those execution chambers could be prisons, other crew members may sneak by and kill griefer resulting in spawning him in respawn shuttle.
There's already a prison right opposite of armory, it's the room with a clown mask and a single button on the outside. Keep people in there, while the small room inside armory is for rare occasions of public executions and disposal of dead bodies without need to go out in a suit.

Thanks for the feedback.

Very Fine.

But I still consider, that those batteries with 20000 power are very expensive for the company (The Nibbler is using 5000 most noted around default subs).

If you have done testing, does it mean you can remove pointless glitched light?

All those cons aren't truly great deal.
Barotrauma submarine designer- rico6822