Re: [0.8.1.2][REL] United Colonies Navy Ship Pack

No problem at all, the Spearfish will remain out of rotation. U.C.S. Swordfish SSN-27, U.C.S. Tigerfish SSN-127 and U.C.S. Tigershark SSN-159 will be added to BT Public #1 and #2!

I was indeed planning to add the demilitarized version but stumbled into a problem (which I thought) of not being able to use the railguns. I thought this was due to being 'demilitarized' and instead put the militarized versions at the server, only to figure out it didn't work aswell, but then I figured out they did shoot but without HUD :laugh:

Is there a particular reason for not being able to use the HUD?
I am thinking about exchanging the militarized versions with the demilitarized again, although I do like the look of them :D
http://barotrauma-server.com/ - Barotrauma Server 24/7 - BT Public 24/7 - Join and play!

That sounds awfully strange. The HUD is enabled by default and all boats have it, on all turrets. The only exception I can think of is if one of the wires gets pulled, in which case it may default to the searchlight position which doesn't have a HUD. I would imagine the Tigershark suffers from this specifically with the double cannons up front, but I wired the top and bottom-most weapons first so that they have the HUD, and they appear to be correct when I boot up in single player. Can you toss a few more details my way? Please specify which ones are affected and I'll try rewiring them just to see if that works.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

United Colonies Navy Ship Pack - UPDATED: 28 MAY 18
The Sailor's Manual - UPDATED: 1 JUNE 18

After closer inspection I also have to admit this is indeed 'awfully strange'. It turns out that this only occurs in multiplayer. I have never seen or experienced this before with any custom sub.

No HUD - multiplayer
With HUD - singleplayer
As this indicates it's most likely not wiring, I can only think of testing it on another server to make sure it's not related to BT #1 and #2. This is not the case, I have tested it just a moment ago and it remains without HUD.
http://barotrauma-server.com/ - Barotrauma Server 24/7 - BT Public 24/7 - Join and play!

UPDATE FOR MAY 23:

No new boats this time I'm afraid, but thanks to Landon I've attempted a fix to the railgun HUD not appearing in multiplayer. This is a bootstraps fix which hopefully won't be necessary in the future, and it's up for testing. I'm cautiously optimistic because it appears to work for me.

To get more technical: It would appear that one of the .8+ changes to Barotrauma fixed a few multiplayer sync issues by forcing the recalculation of wiring nodes between components. For most purposes, nobody will ever notice. However: Wiring order and priority is important for railgun controllers, as this determines which object it focuses on when multiple guns/cameras/lights/etc. are connected. This recalculation biases searchlights above cameras and railguns, with the end result being a shorter view, no HUD and an incorrect focus point for multiple guns, like on my Tigershark. I seem to have discovered a workaround by only directly connecting one machine at a time, and routing all the others through a relay component: The controller doesn't recognize the relay as a viewpoint and skips to the next, and only, one that does, which is the machine I want. Hopefully this holds up in public servers, too.
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

UPDATE FOR MAY 24:

Got this one done right on the heels of the last change. Added the Daggerfish-class Light Attack Submarine. This was the original light design, and when I say light, I mean light. By today's standards it's practically an armed shuttle, capable of hitting 57km/h at flank speed with a stock engine. It's much more fragile than the new Tigerfish by comparison, but it does retain fabricators and a deconstructor to justify its existence. In my head canon, this is the cheap, mass produced "police cruiser" submarine that's always hunting down renegades, killing those extra-aggressive tigerthreshers and playing first responder to S.O.S. calls. There's a demilitarized version too with the usual changes.

Here's hoping the railgun fixes work. If so I can safely move on to the big one.

They vary from one generation of boats to the next, slightly, but whenever you see two letters, assume it means two individual words. Here's the short list:

RA - Reactor A (B, C, D, etc.)
SD - Shutdown
ES - External Storage
AL - Airlock
DH - Docking Hatch
EB - Emergency Bulkheads (closes all doors and hatches inside the boat)
EP - Emergency Pumps (turns on all pumps, in the event any were toggled off)
BH - Ballast Hatches (opens all vertical hatches leading to ballast tanks, for bilging)
BV - Ballast Valves (opens crossfeed valves between ballast tanks to link multiple pumps together and combat flooding)
GQ - General Quarters/Battlestations
KX - Klaxon (set to a timer with GQ on modern boats)
SR - Silent Running (turns off non-essential pumps, oxygen generator and <supposed to turn off> external lighting; Requires shutdown of reactor first to prevent burn-outs. External lights currently stuck on because toggle function for searchlights is broken)

Hope this helps.

UPDATE FOR MAY 28:

Fixed a misplaced hull part for the U.C.S. Tigershark which was leftover from a previous bugfix to railgun controllers. The Demilitarized variant was not affected. Sorry about that! As always, please report any issues you have here and I'll get right on them.

UPDATE FOR JUNE 1:

Fixed captain ID card issues on Demil Swordfish, and fixed alignment of airlock ladders in Daggerfish and Swordfish classes.

Missing stuff like this bugs me, but hey, live and learn. Anyone hosting these on servers should catch this update, especially due to the captain ID issue.