[BTE 8.0/BTEP 1.6] Theseus | Atlantean Ladyboy | Orpheus

[BTE 8.0] Theseus
Spoiler
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7up4nkpyd2xc ... s.sub?dl=0

Distinguished by its vertical orientation and small form-factor, the Theseus is a Monarch-class scouting sub (read: designed around artifact collection) intended for 4 - 6 players.

Latest update addresses a handful of design flaws. Nothing major, but a merciful dealing of QoL upgrades, such as a larger ballast and exterior lighting.

[BTEP] Atlantean Ladyboy
Spoiler
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6gigduch6n50 ... y.sub?dl=0

A serviceable amalgam of my previous two designs, maintaining the design concepts and competent engineering of the Theseus alongside the quality-of-life content indulgences of the Maritime Whore. Note that this sub is intended for Barotrauma Extended Plus (https://github.com/TheGoldenGuardian/BTEPlus/releases).

Features:
A vertical ballast. That's pretty cool.
A per-room bilge system.
Top speeds of ~25 km/h on the X-axis, ~more than that on the Y.
Bigger content for smaller people.

[BTEP]/[BTE 8.0] Orpheus
BTEP Version:
Spoiler
BTE Version:
Spoiler
Download:
BTEP Version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwux1jbm0lb5a ... s.sub?dl=0
BTE 8.0 Version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq2i58v48gaim ... s.sub?dl=0

Designed with the intent of creating checks and balances on each role in order to incentivize upholding a clear chain of command (or, at least, some degree of cooperation).

Features:
Decentralized healthcare.
An extremely large ballast.
A mostly-functional alert system.
The biggest content for the smallest people.

Dead Subs
Spoiler
[BTE 7.0] Maritime Whore

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfz7plf25dyco ... e.sub?dl=0

Much like its namesake, this haphazardly stitched-together Frankenstein of two derelicts is massive, difficult to control, and intended for eight or more players.

Features:
Non-lethal enforcement options
Fully-stocked medbay
Mostly functional bilge system
Big content for small people.
Last edited by Zorlok- on Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Re: [0.8.1.12] [BTE 6.7] Maritime Whore

nerd wrote:the gaps of the ducts under the medbay don't let water through them, it might be beacause of my game version , overall great submarine.
Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it. I've created a small update which should, hopefully, solve any problem with the ducts. "Should" being the operative word.

Re: [0.8.1.12] [BTE 7.0] Maritime Whore | Theseus

nerd wrote:The terminal on Theseus doesn't work. no idea why, but maybe beacause the relays the signals are connected to aren't toggled on.
I tested the sub extensively in single player and it worked beautifully -- relays were on and everything. Hopefully whatever the problem is, it's been fixed with my latest update. Either way, keep me abreast; I'll do what I can.

Re: [0.8.1.12] [BTE 7.0] Maritime Whore | Theseus

Zorlok- wrote:
nerd wrote:The terminal on Theseus doesn't work. no idea why, but maybe beacause the relays the signals are connected to aren't toggled on.
I tested the sub extensively in single player and it worked beautifully -- relays were on and everything. Hopefully whatever the problem is, it's been fixed with my latest update. Either way, keep me abreast; I'll do what I can.
i didn't realise i had to bump up the charge speed on the batteries, my apologies

Re: [0.8.2.0] [BTE 7.3] Theseus | [BTE+ 1.1] Corpulent Madame

Zorlok- wrote:
blitzbrigade wrote:Oooh, neat lookin' BTEP sub. Can't wait to try it out.
Thanks, bud. Hope you dig it.
As a side note, good job on BTEP. The new content is a lot of fun to work with.
On the topic of the "Atlantean Ladyboy":
It LOOKS good, there are quite a few issues rather.
Why are there gaps in spaces where there isn't any seperated hulls to link between them (notably in the bottom gunneries)?
Why is the airlock one long hull, instead of 2 seperated hulls? The entire room would flood if the outer door is opened.
Why did you include TWO Pulse Pistols?
(Also, the batteries for them don't work because I renamed "Pulse" to "Charge" in 1.2b. Even though they should still work, you might have to just replace them. My fault.)
The buttons being placed in such strange and high-up locations causes an issue where you can get yourself stuck in a door and be unable to let yourself out.

Please don't place more than one Reinforced Diving Gear set per submarine, it's kind of overpowered and only meant to recover the Claret.
Also if you could add me on Discord, I'd love to talk to you!
Creator of the best mod of a mod for Barotrauma, BTEPlus:
https://undertowgames.com/forum/viewtop ... 40#p123340

Re: [0.8.2.0] [BTE 7.3] Theseus | [BTE+ 1.1] Corpulent Madame

blitzbrigade wrote: On the topic of the "Atlantean Ladyboy":
It LOOKS good, there are quite a few issues rather.
Why are there gaps in spaces where there isn't any seperated hulls to link between them (notably in the bottom gunneries)?
Why is the airlock one long hull, instead of 2 seperated hulls? The entire room would flood if the outer door is opened.
Why did you include TWO Pulse Pistols?
(Also, the batteries for them don't work because I renamed "Pulse" to "Charge" in 1.2b. Even though they should still work, you might have to just replace them. My fault.)
The buttons being placed in such strange and high-up locations causes an issue where you can get yourself stuck in a door and be unable to let yourself out.

Please don't place more than one Reinforced Diving Gear set per submarine, it's kind of overpowered and only meant to recover the Claret.
Also if you could add me on Discord, I'd love to talk to you!
-Do the unnecessary gaps really qualify as a major issue? They're ugly, sure, but they don't have any notable effect in terms of gameplay. Either way, they've been removed. Can't rightly say why they were there to begin with.
-Thanks for bringing the airlock to my attention; was a pretty big oversight on my part. Probably should've tested the sub more extensively. SAY LAW VEE
-TWO pulse pistols and more than one RDG set are matters of per-sub balance (or, in this case, unbalance), the onus of which falls entirely on sub creators. The Orpheus offers a more balanced and deliberate experience conducive to completing missions; the Atlantean Ladyboy offers a playground. Even so, I've reduced the number of reinforced diving suits -- two overpowered suits against two overpowered pistols; seems like (balance) to me.
-I'm not entirely sure what you mean by getting stuck in doors. Are you closing doors on your head? Try not to do that, it can lead to permanent brain damage. Yeah, I'm being kind of a dick, but I really don't know what you mean. What I do know is that the access panel placement is deeply ingrained into the ship's compact aesthetic both visually and functionally. Final word on this is that I'm obstinate in maintaining this (arguably) poor design choice -- after all, every sub has its idiosyncrasies (i.e. the Enki's powergrid, the SunStar's tendency to catch fire, the Themis being a huge fucking hunk of garbage, etc.).

I am, of course, appreciative of the feedback. It's clear that my engineering skills have a little way to go and every flaw brought to my attention or piece of advice helps.