Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

So, I have a question. Is the map tile-based, to where you can easily create new rooms by simply attaching parts, or is it just like "I hope this Tesla Gate fits perfectly, otherwise I will have to keep moving it till it fits as it should"? Like, it would be nice if it were such a system, because then you could import the rooms and people could design their own rooms as well.

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

Well, currently it's a mix of both, with some rooms that must spawn that are forced to spawn, and then other rooms which have a random chance. It's not the best by any means, and lends to too many long hallways. I'm actually rewriting the system now into a much better one. It will be tile-based, ensuring that all rooms that should spawn are made to spawn but in a much more intelligent manner. So a person who wanted to design a room could do so, and then give it a random chance to spawn OR set it to always spawn should they desire.

Man it's all looking amazing so far. I threw you a few bucks on Patreon to help because I've been looking forward to a good modern port, and my Unity skills aren't good enough to attempt it myself (I'm personally interested in a coop feature, but that's way down the road). Are you concerned with the AI programming for the rest of the SCPs? It'd be nice if you got a system in place that allows other devs/modders to help finish off more SCPs for you, but I'm sure there's tricky bs that comes with standardizing all the crazy functionality of all SCPs.

TL:DR Nice work and good luck with the AI programming!

Patreon Weekly Build: Alpha 0.3.3 out!

This build adds the Tesla Gate as a new challenge. It's still very rough, and the particle effects for charging up and discharging need work; but it can and will kill the player!

In addition, I went ahead and implemented functionality to allow populating the LoadingScreenDatabase from the scp:containment breach loadingscreens.ini!
Got a lot more coming this week so stay tuned!

Check it out!

Changelog

Code: Select all

v0.3.3

Added Tesla gate. The tesla gate is built using several new components:
1) TriggerNotifier. This generic component is linked to by another, and calls the provided functions on an object entering or exiting the trigger
2) AttackTrigger: This component calls an attack on whatever objects trigger it, if they implement IDamageReceiver.
3) TeslaGate: This uses the aforementioned components to generate effects, sounds, and attack depending on the player's location to the gate.
Modified sound system slightly to prepare for implementing Master Audio: AAA soon
Options menu can now be opened in the main menu. Added a couple of messages to notify when options menu is opened and closed, and enable / disable menu buttons accordingly
LoadingScreenDatabaseEditor now uses the standard ShowStoredAssetList function in line with other ModuleDatabases
Added functionality to load and populate the LoadingScreenDatabase from the standard loadingscreens.ini file. Now, updating loading screens will be as easy as clicking a button!
LoadingScreen text now switches through the list as the game loads; will add cool animation later.

SpherisCore wrote:Will you game be open source ? (for mods to be created for instance)

Good work with the development, it's looking great so far.
I plan on building modding support in directly; but I am considering making the game open source as well. And thanks!
ReptileMonster wrote:Can we be blessed with any screenshots of some of the rooms and any of the scps, finished or not?