Re: Dev Topic #3

Haha looks great, though it obviously needs more work :)
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

Code: Select all

954	                        If xdist+zdist > 32.0 Then
934	                                d\dist = xdist+zdist		
955	                                d\dist = xdist+zdist

956	                                ;randomly open/close doors that are far away from the player
957	                                If (Not d\locked) And d\Code="" And d\KeyCard=0 Then
958	                                        If Rand(800)=1 Then UseDoor(d,False)
959	                                EndIf
935	                        Else		
960	                        Else
936	                                d\dist = EntityDistance(Collider,d\obj)		
961	                                d\dist = EntityDistance(Collider,d\obj)
937	                        EndIf		
962	                        EndIf 
;randomly open/close doors that are far away from the player
If (Not d\locked) And d\Code="" And d\KeyCard=0 Then
If Rand(800)=1 Then UseDoor(d,False)
EndIf
;randomly open/close doors that are far away from the player

yes, I did feel the need to post this.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Ltn Vasquez wrote:This looks like something that AI would.do to be funny.

Haha I don't know codes
Well, it's saying that if the door isn't locked, it's not a keycard door, and probably some other stuff I didn't understand, then the door would have a chance of opening or closing without interaction.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

Anyone know if the MTFs can be killed by any of the SCPs?
Because I know that in the future they will react to :106: and :096: because I found the sound files.
The question is will Larry be able to capture the MTF's into his pocket dimension?
here is how I imagine it:
The MTFs are chasing after you when suddenly Larry comes out of nowhere and the MTFs start running away but 106 soon catches up and touches on of them.
He falls on the floor and sinks into a puddle of corrosion and Larry sinks into the ground, after some time the corroded MTF body will fall from the ceiling similarly to the scientist.

Any thoughts?

penguin321 wrote:Anyone know if the MTFs can be killed by any of the SCPs?
Because I know that in the future they will react to :106: and :096: because I found the sound files.
The question is will Larry be able to capture the MTF's into his pocket dimension?
here is how I imagine it:
The MTFs are chasing after you when suddenly Larry comes out of nowhere and the MTFs start running away but 106 soon catches up and touches on of them.
He falls on the floor and sinks into a puddle of corrosion and Larry sinks into the ground, after some time the corroded MTF body will fall from the ceiling similarly to the scientist.

Any thoughts?
Sounds pretty good to me. And also a pretty neat way to get rid off the MTF coming after you. And wether 106 would drag them into his pocket dimension...hmmm....
I really like that idea. But I wonder... what would cause 106 to "switch target"? I mean, if he appears... should it be random wether or not he would come after you or the MTF?

On a diffrent note.
I would really loooove for 096 to finally have his own containment chamber. And maybe containing that SOB could work in diffrent ways. Either MTF putting a bag over his head as they did before,
or maaaaaaybe in a manner like 106's containment. A lure victim. Like... putting the poor Class D into 096's room and then force him to look at a picture or camera feed.
Ah well!
SCP-096 is my little bro anyway.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

I'm kind of opposed to this whole MTF recapturing loose SCP's. It takes away from the horror elements of the game. They are literally carrying off all the threats in the game which induce fear. MTF reactions are fine when done right, as a matter of fact I mentioned some a long time ago that would create some tense moments. I will repost these when I get a chance to.

TheRooster09 wrote:I'm kind of opposed to this whole MTF recapturing loose SCP's. It takes away from the horror elements of the game. They are literally carrying off all the threats in the game which induce fear. MTF reactions are fine when done right, as a matter of fact I mentioned some a long time ago that would create some tense moments. I will repost these when I get a chance to.
Well, the game already has difficulty settings. Maybe someday it could be possible to chose whether the MTF will attempt to re-contain escaped SCPs or merely hunt you as they did in the past.
A chose-able difficulty level before start (not just "You can save the game" and "You can't save at all") would actually be pretty sweet in my opinion.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Only two days until Regalis is free from military service! Woo! *rounds around room and flaps arms*
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Serimah wrote:
TheRooster09 wrote:I'm kind of opposed to this whole MTF recapturing loose SCP's. It takes away from the horror elements of the game. They are literally carrying off all the threats in the game which induce fear. MTF reactions are fine when done right, as a matter of fact I mentioned some a long time ago that would create some tense moments. I will repost these when I get a chance to.
Well, the game already has difficulty settings. Maybe someday it could be possible to chose whether the MTF will attempt to re-contain escaped SCPs or merely hunt you as they did in the past.
A chose-able difficulty level before start (not just "You can save the game" and "You can't save at all") would actually be pretty sweet in my opinion.
That would be an awesome idea :) There could be Safe (easy) Euclid (normal) and Keter (hard) then on the Safe difficulty you would get the MTF reactions where they try to capture the SCP's. Here was my original MTF reactions post;

-173 - they will freak out and say "don't break eye contact with it!" You can now safely blink and 173 will kill the MTF one by one instead of you (for a total of two blinks) after that it's back to you and him. After one blink and an MTF dies the other will say "No! I told you not to break eye contact!" "You! Over there! Help me keep an eye on 173 until backup arrives, they should be here any minute now." If you blink again 173 kills the remaining MTF, if you choose to leave the room you will hear. "Where are you going!? I can't do this alone. I need you to....." You see 173 teleport behind him and hear the snap sound. If you closed the door you will just hear the audio instead. This would add more to the horror element rather than them just carrying him away.

106 They will say "Shit it's SCP 106! Open fire!" 106 ignores you and goes for them as they try to shoot him. When he gets close enough he grabs them and they all sink into a black corrosive puddle as the MTF scream for help. Same thing as 173's, if you leave the room you will just hear the audio instead. To add more to this later in the game you could have 106 drop the hallowed out corpses of the MTF from the ceiling like he did with the scientist.

-096 - He follows you until he kills you considering you're the one who first saw his face. The MTF will say "Eliminate all hostiles!" and open fire on both of you which will end up in you dying by gunshots or 096 catching you whichever happens first (depends on the distance of the MTF)