Re: v0.8 discussion thread + new video.

I have a suggestion for the room layout in the new versions. I have noticed that light containment section has a much more tall, open environment. While this is nice, it diminishes the feeling of being in an underground containment facility and makes you feel like your in an above ground office. Also, about the SCP-173 AI, maybe you should consider instead of having an AI that follows you, have some kind of generating algorithm that places the entity in random rooms Like a hallway were you can't see whats at the end. :)
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill

Also, for some reason, SCP-173 doesn't disappear and spawn like it is supposed to. Instead it falls through the floor when the map "un-renders" itself when the player is far enough away and noclips in the outer blackness of the map. It then moves steadily closer to the player until it clips on one of the map edges and falls through the ceiling. This bug has been going on ever since Regalis "Fixed the bug in SCP-173s AI which caused it to sometimes teleport next to the player. :? :173:

LORD DEATH wrote:I have a suggestion for the room layout in the new versions. I have noticed that light containment section has a much more tall, open environment. While this is nice, it diminishes the feeling of being in an underground containment facility and makes you feel like your in an above ground office. )
It's never outright said that it is an underground containment zone. Also, don't double post.
EDIT: You may have thought that due to SCP-895's chamber/document, but note that there is a large stairwell leading to the coffin.
eric

Sorry about the double post. Any ways for now, these are my main thoughts. :) I just hope they fix the 173 bug that's been scaring the crap out of me. :laugh:

This...:
LORD DEATH wrote:Also, for some reason, SCP-173 doesn't disappear and spawn like it is supposed to. Instead it falls through the floor when the map "un-renders" itself when the player is far enough away and noclips in the outer blackness of the map. It then moves steadily closer to the player until it clips on one of the map edges and falls through the ceiling. This bug has been going on ever since Regalis "Fixed the bug in SCP-173s AI which caused it to sometimes teleport next to the player. :? :173:
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest