Re: That's it. A solution is needed. (Go to the IRC if you c

Awesomeguy147 wrote:Does anyone find it suspicious that Stellpoint hasn't really commented on this yet? Not to be offensive but this is a serious matter.
Yeah the admins being nonchalant and unresponsive about this really pisses me off. It would take 5 mins to install the freaking CAPTCHA addon! So there is no excuse.

But anyway...

An alternative to CAPTCHA is to have a random question asked. Worked on my old forums (that WERE being bombarded with spam bots) like a charm. This method would take more than 5 mins though because each question and answer needs to be programmed in by hand. The default ones included with the script I used the bots already knew the answers to, but its unlikely they would know the answers to random questions typed in by hand.
WARNING: RUSTLING THY JIMMIES WITHOUT THY PERMIT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED!
OFFENDERS WILL BE PROSECUTED AND THEN [REDACTED].

Mirocaine wrote:These bots are becoming quite bad now :x hacking accounts and posting as well as users emails.
[citation needed]
FoxMccloud64 wrote:We need a goddamn fix now! They are hacking accounts! Everyone change your password before it gets hacked!
Are they? And if they've somehow hacked into the mySQL database, changing your password won't help you, since they can just find your new password from the database.

I added a recaptcha verification to the registration, hopefully it will help.

Regalis wrote:
Mirocaine wrote:These bots are becoming quite bad now :x hacking accounts and posting as well as users emails.
[citation needed]
FoxMccloud64 wrote:We need a goddamn fix now! They are hacking accounts! Everyone change your password before it gets hacked!
Are they? And if they've somehow hacked into the mySQL database, changing your password won't help you, since they can just find your new password from the database.

I added a recaptcha verification to the registration, hopefully it will help.
Well, chris0matic was hacked.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Regalis wrote: I added a recaptcha verification to the registration, hopefully it will help.
Regalis, while you are here, can you put my link as the mirror, I will try to keep up with the updates as much as possible, also I had sent a link to trialtrex which was supposed to be sent to steelpoint it was a mod that uses an anti-bot question that they (The Bots) always have a tough time getting through and it was available for this board.
Mandatory blank signature, here.