SCP: Containment Breach C++ Conversion

So, two days ago the first public version of the C++ launcher for SCPCB was put up for download. The launcher is mostly finished, its just the engine that needs to be completed. After that, if all goes well, SCPCB will be able to get much better performance. That means graphics improvements should be possible, right? :P
http://answer42.x10.mx/
GIVE ME SOME CHEESECAKE DAMMIT.
(Also, for future reference, my name is MagicJackz)

Re: Progress On The C++ Conversion

Yeah i have taken a look at it, seems pretty neat, the sudden texts on the background seem much creepier and noticeable at the same time now. The options are now simplified and easier to navigate through, and it does seem to launch a lot faster now, i can't wait for the full conversion to be made!

Good job, answer42, you're opening up a lot of options for the game for doing this, thank you.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

I just tested the menu screen and I agree with everything Irontaco said. The random text is a nice addition. That options are simplified and I am happy with that. It launched right away with no delay for me at least. I'm sorry I couldn't add anything new. I hope it helped. Great job Answer42 on this and I look forward to more progress with your conversion. :)

Irontaco wrote:Yeah i have taken a look at it, seems pretty neat, the sudden texts on the background seem much creepier and noticeable at the same time now. The options are now simplified and easier to navigate through, and it does seem to launch a lot faster now, i can't wait for the full conversion to be made!

Good job, answer42, you're opening up a lot of options for the game for doing this, thank you.
The fast launching with this version is easily explained with the lack of game content so far. There isn't much to load for now, so it works quite fast.

Good job, answer42 :D

juanjpro wrote:
Irontaco wrote:Yeah i have taken a look at it, seems pretty neat, the sudden texts on the background seem much creepier and noticeable at the same time now. The options are now simplified and easier to navigate through, and it does seem to launch a lot faster now, i can't wait for the full conversion to be made!

The fast launching with this version is easily explained with the lack of game content so far. There isn't much to load for now, so it works quite fast.

Good job, answer42 :D
Thanks, also, it should start up fast into the menu even after I add the game content, the current Blitz3D version loads up and builds things during that initial loading screen, like the event system
If it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

"This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."

I am personally very excited for this. SCP:CB has a concept that really ought to grow into an expansive, fully fleshed out game and for it to have any longevity, it must part ways with Blitz3D. Blitz3D might be decent for prototyping ideas, but it is not a stable base for a AAA game. I would say that the concept behind SCP:CB is AAA.

I believe this thread deserves to be stickied in one of the forum sections, so you can report back on this thread when you have made progress and big updates to the convertion into C++.

If any of the other moderators thinks otherwise, please sticky it in another section, because i strongly believe this thread is worth the sticking.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Re: SCP: Containment Breach C++ Conversion

Just how far do we want to get with the textures? I believe just fixing the currents bugs we have and introducing more things to do in the game would make it just fine.
Sometimes i need to know when to stop so i dont get my ass handled

KCF