Re: SCP: Containment Breach C++ Conversion

Wouldn't matter if everything's compressed as long as you can still mod by putting files in the folder. The game would only use the default if there's no replacements in the game's folders. Good idea?
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

So far I haven't compressed any files, in fact, other than moving fonts to a folder named "fonts" everything [should] be exactly where it currently is, I don't see much of a reason to compress anything at the moment [it won't change the size of the download as everythings in a zip file in the first place, and a ZIP inside a ZIP doesn't add any compression, so...]

Obviously I'm going to port over the random map generation [in some form, whether I do a direct port or try to roll something [possibly more efficient] myself, I'm not sure yet] as the random maps is pretty essential and a very defining part in the game, however, I don't really like the idea of having rooms scripted to events, so I would like to possibly improve that, but again, haven't entirely thought that far ahead, I still need to read through the code more carefully. [I need to possibly chat with Regalis about how things may be put together, at least if he plans on learning C++ and working jointly on the game as I'm sure he would like a say in how things run under the hood in that case]
If it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

"This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."

answer42 wrote:So far I haven't compressed any files, in fact, other than moving fonts to a folder named "fonts" everything [should] be exactly where it currently is, I don't see much of a reason to compress anything at the moment [it won't change the size of the download as everythings in a zip file in the first place, and a ZIP inside a ZIP doesn't add any compression, so...]

Obviously I'm going to port over the random map generation [in some form, whether I do a direct port or try to roll something [possibly more efficient] myself, I'm not sure yet] as the random maps is pretty essential and a very defining part in the game, however, I don't really like the idea of having rooms scripted to events, so I would like to possibly improve that, but again, haven't entirely thought that far ahead, I still need to read through the code more carefully. [I need to possibly chat with Regalis about how things may be put together, at least if he plans on learning C++ and working jointly on the game as I'm sure he would like a say in how things run under the hood in that case]
GET HIM WHILE HE'S ONLINE! Tomorrow.
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Honestly, if we were crazy enough to add 682, then the engine should support him roaming around the facility, breaking though hallways, doors, and all of that jazz. I don't think it will be in the game soon, though. In fact I don't think it would be practical to add it. Eh, just an idea.
GIVE ME SOME CHEESECAKE DAMMIT.
(Also, for future reference, my name is MagicJackz)

I'd like to see him in a pre-scripted sequence somewhere killing a bunch of guards. Oh, and do you think you could put in 3D muzzle flare sometime down the road? I think it would be awesome.
Atheros drivers SUCK!

When I first downloaded the launcher, I was concerned about the 80 MB download, but then I saw that all of the game's graphics and sound files were in there. So, the C++ launcher shouldn't increase the download size too far.
GIVE ME SOME CHEESECAKE DAMMIT.
(Also, for future reference, my name is MagicJackz)

Would love to see how easy/hard it would be for people to mod the C++ version when it's done.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Sparks wrote:Would love to see how easy/hard it would be for people to mod the C++ version when it's done.
Cpp isn't that hard to do simple edits on, provided you don't have to pay attention to pointers and custom templates. Since it looks like answer42 is going to keep this project organized and abstracted, it'll be easier then the Blitz3D code.
M-x dingus-mode

My brother is a programmer, he may be interested to look through the code once it's converted since he uses C-programs often (especially C++).

He might even be able to condense the number of lines since he's good at making code more efficient overall.