Power plant/generator

I always found it weird that there was no Power plant or generator situated in the facility.
I mean, I don't think that the SCP foundation sites would have access to the national grid or to even be located within a country's borders. :D
I think that adding some sort of nuclear power plant or just some power generator in-game would be cool because it could potentially lead to a tertiary ending or be a spawn point for larry :106: or maybe some new SCP?
Also it would be a nice aesthetic feature and maybe it would give the player a better idea of what an SCP site works like :)

Basically the main point of this topic is to discuss if such a thing should be considered to be added into the game and what other SCP's or events could be associated with it or why it should not and/or what aspects of the idea should be implemented, for example a cameo or suggestion of a generator in a note or random power cuts related to the
generators failure.

As for the possible ending the player could maybe lower the fuel cells into the reactor and switch off the coolant fully in order to fill the facility with nuclear fallout in an
attempt to kill the scp's, which I know wouldn't work on most of them but then again D-9341 is just a death row inmate so how would he know?

Please discuss the idea I would love to see some of your opinions :D

Re: Power plant/generator

I don't know about a nuclear power plant, but a generator of some kind would be a cool environment.
mrslig100 wrote:This is truley, a wonderful idea :D
Im thinking a facility like SCP 015
That would be awsome, what
does everyone else think?
I wish 015 could logically be in this game, but it isn't located at any of the foundation's facilities. It's stuck in a specific warehouse. I asked once before and found that out. ;)

btw, mrslig100, did you change your board preferences so that users can't send you any private messages? Because every time I try to send you one, it won't let me. :/

Sorry, I did that accidentally, imma fix it now :P
If only SCP 015 was a small set of pipes and grew out of control in the facility...
Ah well, plenty more SCP's where that came from.
(Just to ask, I havnt used blitz much, is it capable of rendering decent water)?

mrslig100 wrote:Sorry, I did that accidentally, imma fix it now :P
If only SCP 015 was a small set of pipes and grew out of control in the facility...
Ah well, plenty more SCP's where that came from.
(Just to ask, I havnt used blitz much, is it capable of rendering decent water)?
Well, with the FastExt library, it's possible. And the game already includes it, so there shouldn't be any problems using the extension for that.

I thought of this idea a while ago, I thought that it could either be a:
Hydrodam (a little bit like Eerie),
Nuclear reactor,
An advanced reactor that we don't have yet, like a cold fusion reactor.

Also, tesla coils, because everyone loves tesla coils.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.