Re: SCP-173 captured

Larry Lizzy wrote:
Sloan32 wrote:I'm sorry but when is 173 captured? Is it in the new update?
Obvious troll is obvious.
He may not have genuinely known. I was actually surprised when 173 and an MTF were in the same room and not shooting at me, and he wasn't really trolling, he was just clarifying a point.

Crowbar wrote:
Larry Lizzy wrote:
Sloan32 wrote:I'm sorry but when is 173 captured? Is it in the new update?
Obvious troll is obvious.
He may not have genuinely known. I was actually surprised when 173 and an MTF were in the same room and not shooting at me, and he wasn't really trolling, he was just clarifying a point.
It was more of a question, not clarifying.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

I'm kind of opposed to this whole MTF recapturing loose SCP's. It takes away from the horror elements of the game. They are literally carrying off all the threats in the game which induce fear. MTF reactions are fine when done right, as a matter of fact I mentioned some a long time ago that would create some tense moments. Here is an example;

SCP 173 - they will freak out and say "don't break eye contact with it!" You can now safely blink and 173 will kill the MTF one by one instead of you (for a total of two blinks) after that it's back to you and him. After one blink and an MTF dies the other will say "No! I told you not to break eye contact!" "You! Over there! Help me keep an eye on 173 until backup arrives, they should be here any minute now." If you blink again 173 kills the remaining MTF, if you choose to leave the room you will hear. "Where are you going!? I can't do this alone. I need you to....." You see 173 teleport behind him and hear the snap sound. If you closed the door you will just hear the audio instead.

Serimah came up with a pretty cool way to keep this idea and that was by adding an extra difficulty setting ( Safe, Euclid, Keter). So in the Safe (easy mode) you will get the MTF reactions where they carry all the monsters away but on Euclid and Keter you would get a more horror related one like the one above. I had more reactions to other SCP's but the thread got buried somewhere :sad: I love the reactions like the one above because it puts the player on an emotional roller-coaster.
1. You're getting chased by 173 :sad:
2. you go into a room where MTF are at "Great now I have to deal with them and 173!?" :shock:
3. They don't fire at you and thus creates the illusion of safety. "Alright! It's about time I got a break! Now I have people to protect me!" :)
4. Things go wrong and 173 slaughters them :gasp:
5. Now you are alone again having to fend for yourself :'(
See what I mean? As the old saying goes, you can't have true despair without hope first and this along with the others I had originally posted did just that :wink:

TheRooster09 wrote:I'm kind of opposed to this whole MTF recapturing loose SCP's. It takes away from the horror elements of the game. They are literally carrying off all the threats in the game which induce fear. MTF reactions are fine when done right, as a matter of fact I mentioned some a long time ago that would create some tense moments. Here is an example;

SCP 173 - they will freak out and say "don't break eye contact with it!" You can now safely blink and 173 will kill the MTF one by one instead of you (for a total of two blinks) after that it's back to you and him. After one blink and an MTF dies the other will say "No! I told you not to break eye contact!" "You! Over there! Help me keep an eye on 173 until backup arrives, they should be here any minute now." If you blink again 173 kills the remaining MTF, if you choose to leave the room you will hear. "Where are you going!? I can't do this alone. I need you to....." You see 173 teleport behind him and hear the snap sound. If you closed the door you will just hear the audio instead.

Serimah came up with a pretty cool way to keep this idea and that was by adding an extra difficulty setting ( Safe, Euclid, Keter). So in the Safe (easy mode) you will get the MTF reactions where they carry all the monsters away but on Euclid and Keter you would get a more horror related one like the one above. I had more reactions to other SCP's but the thread got buried somewhere :sad: I love the reactions like the one above because it puts the player on an emotional roller-coaster.
1. You're getting chased by 173 :sad:
2. you go into a room where MTF are at "Great now I have to deal with them and 173!?" :shock:
3. They don't fire at you and thus creates the illusion of safety. "Alright! It's about time I got a break! Now I have people to protect me!" :)
4. Things go wrong and 173 slaughters them :gasp:
5. Now you are alone again having to fend for yourself :'(
See what I mean? As the old saying goes, you can't have true despair without hope first and this along with the others I had originally posted did just that :wink:
That would work well with a lone MTF, but if they're 2+ I have difficulty imagining how they would die, since they are theoretically trained to deal with threats like :173: as far as I'm aware. Unless, of course, 173 appears surprise motherfucker style. Still, when they capture 173 it should create a false sense of security, since he breaks out again anyway. Then again, I haven't been lucky enough to get the two to meet yet.
Uhm. Yeah, can't come up with anything.