New gameplay mechanic?

So I've been wondering since the character goes through the entire facility and he see's dead bodies,people being killed and be immune to it all?

So I have thought about adding a meter on how scared the character is.

The meter is basic kinda like amnesia the meter goes down when you see unsettling events like the body dropping from the roof or watching someone die like the scientist and the guard or watching the guard shoot himself.

The meter goes back up with anxiety pills to calm the character down.

One reason to add this mechanic is because the more fear that the player has the faster he blinks.

So I thought it would make the game more difficult.

Just and Idea though so please be kind
Just a typical Shitposter

Re: New gameplay mechanic?

msd8 wrote:So I've been wondering since the character goes through the entire facility and he see's dead bodies,people being killed and be immune to it all?

So I have thought about adding a meter on how scared the character is.

The meter is basic kinda like amnesia the meter goes down when you see unsettling events like the body dropping from the roof or watching someone die like the scientist and the guard or watching the guard shoot himself.

The meter goes back up with anxiety pills to calm the character down.

One reason to add this mechanic is because the more fear that the player has the faster he blinks.

So I thought it would make the game more difficult.

Just and Idea though so please be kind
Nope. Too many games have this feature. SCP: Containment Breach does NOT need it. And I highly doubt D-9341 has necrophobia, or anything like that. SCP-173 breaching already briefed him/her on what he/she is going to face. Death, fear, etc.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

I personally don't see why Sanity can't be added.

And those who would call it an Amnesia Rip-Off clearly never played Call Of Cthulhu from 2005 where Sanity Loss actually killed you by making you rip your eyes out or shoot yourself in the face.

So Yes, If COC and Amnesia can have Sanity or Fear, Then surely SCP could use such a feature If Regalis decides. Heck, SCP-895 already shows that.

But as I said. It's up to Regalis, really. Whether he puts it in or not, I'm indifferent.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

LukeDude759 wrote:All you need is an Oculus Rift (And for Regalis to add support for it, of course), and then the player can decide for himself whether he's too scared to go on.

Seriously, you should see Markiplier's newest video of the Rift.
Now if only the Oculus had a method of detecting whether or not you're blinking.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Glitch wrote:Now if only the Oculus had a method of detecting whether or not you're blinking.
Containment Breach immersion= 100%.

It would actually be a lot more difficult to play as well, since you legitimately have to worry about keeping your eyes open. But, think about it, actually blinking and seeing 173 moving? Terrifying.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
Glitch wrote:Now if only the Oculus had a method of detecting whether or not you're blinking.
Containment Breach immersion= 100%.

It would actually be a lot more difficult to play as well, since you legitimately have to worry about keeping your eyes open. But, think about it, actually blinking and seeing 173 moving? Terrifying.
Imagine in 2014 or 15, they announce the next Oculus Rift:

"Introducing the Oculus Rift 2. Along with the rotational and positional tracking we all know and love, it now has low latency blink detecting..."
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP