Re: Dev Topic #4

Haha, well in news I managed to get Windows on my macbook (yaaay), which means I can now play SCP:CB and work with fragMOTION on the same computer. However, I also sectioned off my hard drives (half of its allocated to the mac side, half to the windows side) and I can't directly read or write files from either opposite sides!

Anyhow, now that my spring semester is over - I'm getting back around to finishing the MTF model prototype 2 and maybe a couple more SCP- :REDACTED:. Then again now when I finish those final things I'll at least be able to appreciate this game in the far future as my last contributions. =)

In other E3 news, Valve aren't going to be at E3 this year. So give up on those Half-Life 3 hopes kids! Atleast you can maybe, maybe, maybe hope for Source engine 2.

Mirocaine wrote:Haha, well in news I managed to get Windows on my macbook (yaaay), which means I can now play SCP:CB and work with fragMOTION on the same computer. However, I also sectioned off my hard drives (half of its allocated to the mac side, half to the windows side) and I can't directly read or write files from either opposite sides!
Boot camp?
Mirocaine wrote: Anyhow, now that my spring semester is over - I'm getting back around to finishing the MTF model prototype 2 and maybe a couple more SCP- :REDACTED:. Then again now when I finish those final things I'll at least be able to appreciate this game in the far future as my last contributions. =)
Is the SCP- :REDACTED: SCP-860? i'm just guessing, because it is already obivious that SCP-860 is going to be in the game.
Mirocaine wrote: In other E3 news, Valve aren't going to be at E3 this year. So give up on those Half-Life 3 hopes kids! Atleast you can maybe, maybe, maybe hope for Source engine 2.
I don't care about Source engine 2, i care about Half Life 3! oh wait, E3, HL3 and E3...... SCREW YOU E3!!!!!
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

Akatos wrote:
Agent Baron wrote:God I cant wait for the next update! I hope it's soon! Reg can we expect a couple more weeks/ months until it's ready?
It will be released sometime in summer, so it's not that much time left.
Regalis wrote:
Lyrahel wrote:Where is the :REDACTED: release date?? xD Regalis! Gimme gimme gimme!
When it's done. :) Which will likely be some time in the summer. I'm sorry for the long wait, but since it's supposed to be the first non-beta/alpha version of SCP-CB, I want to take my time in making it as polished and bug-free as possible.
All the new SCPs and other additions I've planned for v1.0 are pretty much done now, but I'm still a bit hesitant to release the update quite yet. There probably isn't as much new stuff as most of you are expecting, so I think it might be best if I still added some more content before the release. Anyhow, I promise the update will be out by the end of next month (at the latest), maybe even by the end this month.

...And about some of the new stuff that I've added so far:
- SCP-860 and SCP-860-1 obviously
- SCP-970
- SCP-9__
- The intro area has been expanded a bit. Now you'll have to go through the office room after the breach and witness a small scripted scene there
- A bunch of new rooms
- Juanjpro's randomized maintenance tunnels
- Lots of new music and sound effects
- Gazillion bugfixes, this will be the most bug-free update yet (knock on wood)

Maybe you could randomize the rooms that appear in the intro? That might give us a reason to see the intro more than once.

Also, have you made any improvements to the random maintenance tunnels? They could use some extra details.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this update! :)

By the end of next month or this one! new SCP's, new rooms(I love the rooms and there style due to them fitting in with my headcannon as well as the fact that their :REDACTED: ), new sounds to make me EXPUNGED myself, + more scripted events! I'm so excided! Thanks Reg for all the work!