SCP: CB on Steam?

What if Containment Breach was on Steam? It probably will never happen, but if it does...It could have achievements, automatic updates, Steam workshop mods. The game would be F2P, unless Regalis changes that. It could go through Greenlight for a start. Anyways, what do you guys think of Containment Breach on Steam?

Re: SCP: CB on Steam?

Pokebub wrote:What if Containment Breach was on Steam? It probably will never happen,
.... Well at least SOMEONE is intellegent enough to realize that SCP:CB will never be put up on steam....
Pokebub wrote:but if it does...
Which i doubt
Pokebub wrote:It could have achievements, automatic updates, Steam workshop mods.
1. We don't need Achievements
2. I think regalis needs to create a server-thingy which allows automatic updates
3. We don't need to Subscribe mods as we could just download the mods from the forums and play it, also it CAN overwrite the files anyways
Pokebub wrote:The game would be F2P,
YOU DON'T SAY
Pokebub wrote:It could go through Greenlight for a start.
Every indie game requires you to use Steam Greenlight before you can post a game, and if you are talking about the Early Concept thing, it dosen't go to steam like that as it only encourages steam users to keep the developer going.
Pokebub wrote: Anyways, what do you guys think of Containment Breach on Steam?
It is still in early development (or at least mid), every steam user who hasn't played SCP:CB before will think it is unpolished and stuff, and the SCP Foundation tends to hate a SCP-related media getting sold for money or being put up on steam
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

Hey, fuck off with that attitude, hug, seriously.

Pokebub, this has been talked about a few times and i'm not quite what the general opinion of it was from Regalis, i think it was something related to the authors which could cause problems, considering all of them have different opinions on the matter of the game being released in x way, i'm probably wrong.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

hug0905 wrote: 1. We don't need Achievements
Achievements themselves are just nice trophies for players when the complete some task. Of course games don't need achievements but it is a nice thing to have. Nice to know you have the collective opinion of every person on this forum needed to make an obvious point. By the way if you are going to insult people that want the game to be on steam by saying they aren't intelligent then spell it right.

This game doesn't even have the proper setup for a Steam workshop since only one mod can be used at a time. The only thing I can see a Steam workshop working well with is a custom map download section but there isn't too many of them. Aren't there achievements in that Box of Horrors mod anyway? Then again I haven't followed what was happening there for a while. Just add your SCP game as a non-steam game in the meantime since it pretty much provides half of the experience.