Re: SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake!

Hey everyone, Daniel here!

So I know I have been a littlevery inactive recently, and I wanted to make a post pretty much summing up everything as best as I can, so here it is!

The project is not dead, it is simply sleeping. I am working on smaller projects in order to improve my skills with texturing, modelling and coding (Which has been going very well!). As some of you may have seen on the channel I have been working on a much smaller project named Bear Essentials, which is pretty much my 'Trying new things' game, since at the start of my SCP project I was quite the Unity noob (And still am), I have learned a lot since then, and working on Bear Essentials has helped me fix some problems in SCP too, which is good news!
I will be returning to SCP CB: Unity Remake in the future, I just want to make sure I do not disappoint with a lack of software knowledge.

Secondly: School, exams are now on the horizon and so I haven't had much time to work on any games recently due to studying, next week exams will begin, and shortly after that the school holidays arrive, so hopefully then I will be able to be a lot more active on projects.

I want to thank all of you for sticking around to see if the project is still being made, and I assure you it is, it is just on halt at the moment. I have still been reading the thread when new replies are posted, I just haven't gotten around to making a post yet until now, so that pretty much sums it all up guys!

TL;DR: Bears and Life

Thanks for reading!

Hi Daniel!

Thank you for the little update. I only learned about this project not too long ago, but it looks great so far. Will it have Oculus Rift support as well?

Also, it's ok to have a little break at the project. Don't force yourself to work on it all the time or the quality of the mod will go down because you won't be motivated enough. Have your break and continue again when you feel like it.

How did your school exams go?

Best of luck!
Youtube Channel (Mostly SCP Related): http://adf.ly/bIorf

Hi, I am a big fan of SCP containment breach and would like to participate, but I am not a fan of the Blitz 3D engine. Since I am working as a programmer with Unity3D I am really intrigued by your project and would let you know, that I might be able to help, if you are interested. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to write PMs, yet, so I have to try to reach you this way ;-)

Greetings, all!

Danielmus here again with another little update for ya!

The project has been completely silent for quite a few months now, but like I said in the previous update, it is not dead.
I have learned a lot over these past few months, and I mean A LOT. I've realized how noob-ish I was when working on SCP.

For whatever reason I decided to make the map using cubes on the Unity engine, which is possibly the dumbest idea I've ever had, I'm not sure what possessed me to do that but it was a dumb choice, this means I must re-model the entire map in a proper 3D program and import it as a model, this will clean EVERYTHING up allow for much better optimization and Occlusion Culling.

That is the reason I have taken so long to post an update, I simply haven't had the time to make the map again, however I will be starting that ASAP and likely doing some sort of speed-creation of it which I will post to the channel that I post updates on (See original post).

Thank you all for your patience, and hopefully soon I will be able to get working on this model so that development can continue!

danielmus wrote:Greetings, all!

Danielmus here again with another little update for ya!

The project has been completely silent for quite a few months now, but like I said in the previous update, it is not dead.
I have learned a lot over these past few months, and I mean A LOT. I've realized how noob-ish I was when working on SCP.

For whatever reason I decided to make the map using cubes on the Unity engine, which is possibly the dumbest idea I've ever had, I'm not sure what possessed me to do that but it was a dumb choice, this means I must re-model the entire map in a proper 3D program and import it as a model, this will clean EVERYTHING up allow for much better optimization and Occlusion Culling.

That is the reason I have taken so long to post an update, I simply haven't had the time to make the map again, however I will be starting that ASAP and likely doing some sort of speed-creation of it which I will post to the channel that I post updates on (See original post).

Thank you all for your patience, and hopefully soon I will be able to get working on this model so that development can continue!
My body is ready

Keep up the good work man! I've been excited to see a better graphics and (possibly) a decent multiplayer port of SCP CB. I messed with Unity recently, so that makes me even more impressed by your YT vids. Hopefully the AI programming for some SCPs won't be too much a pain in the @$$. Maybe eventually put the project up on a Version Control site and give some people access to contribute to it. Just a thought :D

Inclination wrote:I can't wait to see your work! Also, when will we all expect to get a playable version?
Probably not for a fair time I'm afraid, there's still a ton I gotta get done to make the game playable (With actual stuff in it), I've started remaking the levels as one model now which will take a long time, but once that's done I can probably move on with the project!

Mech288 wrote:Keep up the good work man! I've been excited to see a better graphics and (possibly) a decent multiplayer port of SCP CB. I messed with Unity recently, so that makes me even more impressed by your YT vids. Hopefully the AI programming for some SCPs won't be too much a pain in the @$$. Maybe eventually put the project up on a Version Control site and give some people access to contribute to it. Just a thought :D

Thank you very much! :) The AI will be pretty difficult, yeah, but the whole point of this project (And other smaller projects I'm working on) is to learn more about coding and the likes, so hopefully I can push through! :D

Sounds like a good idea, though that'd likely be when I have a much larger structure to the game, and even then I'm not sure!