Re: SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake!

Dr.Mystery wrote:i hope it doesn't get canceled
Indefinite hold ≠ cancelled, but it might as well be.

Usually, things put on indefinite hold are written by a small group of people, and the fact that it's written that way means that they specifically know how it works since they programmed everything in it. After a while, though, the thought of picking something back up becomes less and less appealing since there's usually problems you need to fix, and by the time you learn how to fix them, you'd rather just rewrite a whole chunk of {thing}, and that's unappealing to even think about. It's also hard to pick up if you have no relation to the project since you have to study the code and ask a ton of questions to an old or straight up dead account. Or, you could not be at the programming level that the original creators were, or you want to do it some different way.

This is pretty much the reason (sorta) that we have so many remakes. If people were eager to continue where others left off, we would have what would probably be a very strong development team on a single remake on a strong engine.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Hubbawubba64 wrote:
Dr.Mystery wrote:i hope it doesn't get canceled
Indefinite hold ≠ cancelled, but it might as well be.

Usually, things put on indefinite hold are written by a small group of people, and the fact that it's written that way means that they specifically know how it works since they programmed everything in it. After a while, though, the thought of picking something back up becomes less and less appealing since there's usually problems you need to fix, and by the time you learn how to fix them, you'd rather just rewrite a whole chunk of {thing}, and that's unappealing to even think about. It's also hard to pick up if you have no relation to the project since you have to study the code and ask a ton of questions to an old or straight up dead account. Or, you could not be at the programming level that the original creators were, or you want to do it some different way.

This is pretty much the reason (sorta) that we have so many remakes. If people were eager to continue where others left off, we would have what would probably be a very strong development team on a single remake on a strong engine.
It's true. That's the problem with only one person on the project. But like danielmus said early on, this is more of a fun/learning project than for the community. But things like this are why I wanted him to put the code in a public source control so others can contribute to it if he drops it.

'The praise part.'
Wow this is a very good remake.
If you actually put your time and effort into this i reckon this will turn into a very game.
In fact, i reckon that this game will be accepted and will over place the Blitz3d version.
'The real part'
Spoiler
Anyhow, i was wondering if you were planning on doing anything different to how SCP CB works to how Joonas did. (I.E Jumping,sprinting ETC) and will you perhaps modify the A.I of SCP CB as 049 is especially buggy. (Teleports in plain sight, walks through walls generally horrible*.)
Im also wondering if your going to try and add more of a story to SCP CB (other than your a stray D class trying to not get slaughtered.)
Because we had a small peak into D-9341 prior to the events that transpire in game.
Anyhow im really hoping this idea doesn't get ditched as myself and many other people are really on board with the whole idea and has potential.

*No offence.
Spoiler to SCP CB below!
Spoiler
You die a lot.

Deconda wrote:fearing for the worst
It's basically dead.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Deconda wrote:Could somebody tell me the current status of the project? I've played through what is currently in the game and haven't seen any updates so far so I'm fearing for the worst.
He posted an update video Oct 2016 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6-evSRrotI ) saying he wants to keep working on it, but he is gonna put his own twist on the game instead of recreating the original SCP CB, since Zornor90 is basically doing that.

He commented early Feb 2017 and said "My aim is to have the first 10-15 minutes done and polished for a preview/demo by the end of the year (But that's assuming everything goes to plan!) :D"