Re: Forum maintenance on January 8th

Outside of the weird colour choices (which I assume are probably just the defaults), here are some things I noticed with the new layout:
  • On the index page, the "Forum" column is too wide, which makes the "Last post" column looked cramped.
  • The line that separates a forum post and the member's signature doesn't extend across the entire width of the post.
  • The orange "Post Reply", "quote", etc buttons are an eyesore to look at on the blackish background, although I assume these are just defaults/placeholders.
  • The "quote" and "edit" text on their buttons are smaller than the button itself.
  • The "!" (the thingy to report posts) and the "x" (thing to delete your own posts) buttons are above the "quote" button, which looks awkward.
  • The "Post subject:" fields at the top of each post are really small, and they seem out of place without some sort of styling to distinguish them from the main body of the post.
  • There should be a vertical line between the "Author" and "Message" columns on posts.
  • Styling in the "Author" column is weird. Names are out of alignment with the avatars and the placement of the name, avatar, and online/offline status is weird.
  • Quotes have a random, unnecessary "“„" image on the right-hand side of them.
  • The topic review seen when replying to a thread has really messed up styling.
    • The author column takes up a lot of space only to show the member's name in a small font size, also the placement of the name isn't aligned to anything in the cell.
    • There's a gap between each post on it which looks really jarring.

Code: Select all

Code blocks have orange text instead of white. Outside of that I personally find their new design to be much easier to read.