Is this game dead?

there haven't been an update for a long loong time, is there something happened to regalis or is regalis has given up on this game?

what happened!?

is regalis has been captured by illuminati?
Furries and FnaF fan must be terminated to avoid incident-[REDACTED]
- DR.Yonzo

Re: Is this game dead?

yonzo_rikuo wrote:there haven't been an update for a long loong time, is there something happened to regalis or is regalis has given up on this game?

what happened!?

is regalis has been captured by illuminati?
Nothing happened at all. It's just that Regalis is more busy with Barotrauma and some other stuff than SCP:CB.

The game has been put off, so that Regalis can have more time with the development of Barotrauma. While he DID put it off, there are other people from this community that are trying to port the game from Blitz to a new engine; Danielmus and juanjpro chose, respectively, unity and irrlicht engines to port to.

Edit: Misspelled juanjpro.

yonzo_rikuo wrote:juan should help regalis on making this game, srsly this game should stay updated or it will be forgotten
That would be a good idea, but I heard that juanjpro is also a bit busy (I'm not sure if he is still, but he told it one time). Vane Brain had the idea that he and me could help Regalis with the game, but we are also a bit busy with our mod for now.
I have to say that I also wish that the game gets updated. I'm glad that the forums at least are a bit active.

yonzo_rikuo wrote:juan should help regalis on making this game, srsly this game should stay updated or it will be forgotten
I don't see why Containment Breach shouldn't be forgotten. It was good when it was, and then it got old. Prolonging its life-span with more SCP's that add some sort of weird ass event or just another death would just be useless.

I am all for juanjpro helping Regalis with Barotrauma (if that's what you're talking about), but he's got quite a few hefty projects on his shoulders at the time.

In my opinion, the game just got old. Sure, adding a few events and SCPs may make it seem new, but it won't last forever. A complete make-over of the game is required. It may seem like a radical idea, but at this rate, the game won't be the only thing that is dead.

Edit: Made it a little better

Actually in SCP: CB, only SCP-173 and SCP-106 are the ones who appear the most (however: SCP-106 is pretty easy to avoid). SCP-096 is also very dangerous, but it appears too few times.
Basically, the game pretty much only added SCPs which appear in their specific rooms (like SCP-049) and nowhere else. There are many item SCPs and such and I think the game can be expanded with the "use" of animate SCPs like SCP-049. The game could also add for example SCP-008-1 instances walking around (they would be similar to SCP-049-2, but maybe they would also have the ability to open doors and would maybe walking a bit faster). This is also something I want to do in my NTF mod: Adding more SCPs that are really have a chance of appearing more than once and probably making some existing SCPs appearing more often (like SCP-096).

regalis should hire some people to help him with scp cb. scp cb should get crowd funding to make the game updating frequently. also, how and where do regalis get money to live his life? is he a parent bod that still lives in his parent's garage or does he have a job?
Furries and FnaF fan must be terminated to avoid incident-[REDACTED]
- DR.Yonzo