v1.3 Update

A place to discuss anything related to the game SCP:CB.
User avatar
Regalis
Undertow Games Founder
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:28 am
Location: Finland

v1.3 Update

Postby Regalis » Mon May 09, 2016 4:24 pm

Me wrote:there’s some new stuff coming up: the developers of the Nine Tailed Fox Mod (ENDSHN and Vane Brain from Third Subdivision Team) have been working on a new update for the game for some time now (with some collaboration by me). The update will introduce a couple of new SCPs and expand the role of some of the existing SCPs, and also include a ton of bugfixes, optimization and some visual improvements (some of which can be seen in the video)!


So, a lot of people have been asking about the release date of the update. I'd hate to respond just by saying "when it's done" so instead I'll do a rough guesstimation: originally we were aiming for a release some time this month, but at the moment it looks like it'll most likely take until early next month.

In the meantime, here's a couple of teaser pics of some of the new content (and more to come within the following weeks):

New rooms and terrifyingly smart MTF units

Improved lighting

[REDACTED]

User avatar
AveryLP
MTF
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:53 am
Location: Somewhere in [REDACTED]

Re: v1.3 Update

Postby AveryLP » Mon May 09, 2016 4:26 pm

Looks nice, especially the fact that more rooms and of course more SCP's are being added.
But another good factor will be the bugfixes that come with this update.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them


Image

User avatar
Regalis
Undertow Games Founder
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:28 am
Location: Finland

Re: v1.3 Update

Postby Regalis » Mon May 09, 2016 4:34 pm

AveryLP wrote:But another good factor will be the bugfixes that come with this update.


To me that's perhaps the most important part of this update. ENDSHN and Vane have been doing a great job at sorting out the bugs and some of the new graphics options will most likely help people who've been having trouble getting the game running smoothly. I've also done some smallish optimizations that should help with the performance, the most significant one being the MTF AI which shouldn't cause those enormous FPS drops anymore.

User avatar
AveryLP
MTF
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:53 am
Location: Somewhere in [REDACTED]

Re: v1.3 Update

Postby AveryLP » Mon May 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Regalis wrote:
AveryLP wrote:But another good factor will be the bugfixes that come with this update.


To me that's perhaps the most important part of this update. ENDSHN and Vane have been doing a great job at sorting out the bugs and some of the new graphics options will most likely help people who've been having trouble getting the game running smoothly. I've also done some smallish optimizations that should help with the performance, the most significant one being the MTF AI which shouldn't cause those enormous FPS drops anymore.

Another bug was that there were no occasional ambient sounds within SCP-860-1 (Which I reported in the bug reports section and has been confirmed to be fixed)
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them


Image

VincentRipperdactyl
Guard
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: v1.3 Update

Postby VincentRipperdactyl » Mon May 09, 2016 4:45 pm

Regalis wrote:
Me wrote:there’s some new stuff coming up: the developers of the Nine Tailed Fox Mod (ENDSHN and Vane Brain from Third Subvision Team) have been working on a new update for the game for some time now (with some collaboration by me). The update will introduce a couple of new SCPs and expand the role of some of the existing SCPs, and also include a ton of bugfixes, optimization and some visual improvements (some of which can be seen in the video)!


So, a lot of people have been asking about the release date of the update. I'd hate to respond just by saying "when it's done" so instead I'll do a rough guesstimation: originally we were aiming for a release some time this month, but at the moment it looks like it'll most likely take until early next month.

In the meantime, here's a couple of teaser pics of some of the new content (and more to come within the following weeks):

New rooms and terrifyingly smart MTF units

Improved lighting

[REDACTED]


Good Sir, these are perfect, im guessing that we will be seeing alot more :049: and :035: next update, maybe even some more :096: later on in the game. can't wait to play this.
Safe Euclid Keter Thaumiel\ :096: /

Marios
Technician
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:34 pm
Location: Greece

Re: v1.3 Update

Postby Marios » Mon May 09, 2016 5:33 pm

While you're at terrifyingly smart MTF units, for which I'm hyped for, could you add more events where you see living humans? Be it Class-Ds or doctors or researchers. I hope it is not too hard, I'm only asking for it because there's only a small, boredom-inducing amount of humans who aren't you, dead, any (potential) SCPs or the MTF.

VincentRipperdactyl
Guard
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: v1.3 Update

Postby VincentRipperdactyl » Mon May 09, 2016 5:35 pm

Marios wrote:While you're at terrifyingly smart MTF units, for which I'm hyped for, could you add more events where you see living humans? Be it Class-Ds or doctors or researchers. I hope it is not too hard, I'm only asking for it because there's only a small, boredom-inducing amount of humans who aren't you, dead, any (potential) SCPs or the MTF.

I could see another D-Class going into 513's containment cell and ringing it instead of the player ringing it, it would make 513 a bit harder to avoid that way.
Safe Euclid Keter Thaumiel\ :096: /

Marios
Technician
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:34 pm
Location: Greece

Re: v1.3 Update

Postby Marios » Mon May 09, 2016 5:42 pm

VincentRipperdactyl wrote:I could see another D-Class going into 513's containment cell and ringing it instead of the player ringing it, it would make 513 a bit harder to avoid that way.


Perhaps that's a good idea if you can get to somehow steal 513 from the D, and then destroy it at 914. Otherwise, it unnecessarily forces another SCP onto you.

VincentRipperdactyl
Guard
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: v1.3 Update

Postby VincentRipperdactyl » Mon May 09, 2016 5:47 pm

Marios wrote:
VincentRipperdactyl wrote:I could see another D-Class going into 513's containment cell and ringing it instead of the player ringing it, it would make 513 a bit harder to avoid that way.


Perhaps that's a good idea if you can get to somehow steal 513 from the D, and then destroy it at 914. Otherwise, it unnecessarily forces another SCP onto you.

I think he should drop it when he sees 513-1, and before he can get it again 106 grabs him and takes him to the Pocket Dimension.
Safe Euclid Keter Thaumiel\ :096: /

User avatar
AveryLP
MTF
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:53 am
Location: Somewhere in [REDACTED]

Re: v1.3 Update

Postby AveryLP » Mon May 09, 2016 6:01 pm

VincentRipperdactyl wrote:
Regalis wrote:
Me wrote:there’s some new stuff coming up: the developers of the Nine Tailed Fox Mod (ENDSHN and Vane Brain from Third Subvision Team) have been working on a new update for the game for some time now (with some collaboration by me). The update will introduce a couple of new SCPs and expand the role of some of the existing SCPs, and also include a ton of bugfixes, optimization and some visual improvements (some of which can be seen in the video)!


So, a lot of people have been asking about the release date of the update. I'd hate to respond just by saying "when it's done" so instead I'll do a rough guesstimation: originally we were aiming for a release some time this month, but at the moment it looks like it'll most likely take until early next month.

In the meantime, here's a couple of teaser pics of some of the new content (and more to come within the following weeks):

New rooms and terrifyingly smart MTF units

Improved lighting

[REDACTED]


Good Sir, these are perfect, im guessing that we will be seeing alot more :049: and :035: next update, maybe even some more :096: later on in the game. can't wait to play this.

I really want to see more of :049: and :035: because they deserve a bigger role in the game.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them


Image


Return to “General discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests