Re: v1.3 Update

AveryLP wrote:Finally played 1.3, and I must say it is well done, especially 1499, the 939 extension and the new 049 event.
Also, that new ambience is pretty creepy.
Thank you :D
AveryLP wrote: However, for some reason, the 1499-1 instances began attacking me directly after entering the dimension, despite me not doing anything.
Well their AI is very basic and later we will improve it

The "light containment zone" sign
still says light COINtainment zone

and the snav ultimate causes lags (1fps ) for me (at the moment there were 049 and 173 around)
Last edited by ME2 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anyways, now that it has been around 12 hours since 1.3's release, I want to ask you a question:

What is your favorite thing about v1.3?

I pretty much like the entire update, and in my opinion (And certainly the opinion of many here), it was worth the wait.
However, in my opinion, SCP-1499's dimension could have some events to make it even better. (I could imagine a event similar to the one mentioned in the wiki article inside that giant hall below the giant hole in that big tower.)
But hey, there's still room for that in 1.4, 1.5 and so on...
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

The wait was definitely worth it. This is one of the best updates for SCP:CB.

I just played through both Gates, and despite there beeing still some issues, I had a ton of fun.
At this point, I feel like an MAV is just part of the game experience anyway. That beeing said, I think I had a lot less problems with this version.
So, on that note, I like how the new graphis options are implemented. The game looks nice with the new lighting, but if you want more frames, just lower the settings in game. It's nice and conviniend now.
AveryLP wrote:What is your favorite thing about v1.3?
Like Irontaco said:
Irontaco wrote:The fact you have to do things in each zone to get out of them is AMAZING. Not to mention, the fact 049 actually has a role now and isn't just a one-time wasted npc is pretty great.
I like how it's balanced now. Some SCP's are there just for beeing interesting and scary, but others serve a purpose for the gameplay now.
So that's probably my favourite thing, just behind all the new options they have added. But of course, I pretty much like the entire update too.

SCP-1499 got really usefull in my playthrough. It feels good.
Irontaco wrote:i still haven't figured out how to get out of the heavy containment zone yet, it's fun to actually have to figure out things like this again.
Yeah, it's great to have something new to figure out. I think they give you just enough hints at the beginnning. Have you done it yet?

Good job and thanks for making and still improving the game. Like every update, it makes the game feel fresh again and brought something new to the table. I like all the little details, too.

In short:
Irontaco wrote:I love it.

Irontaco wrote:The fact you have to do things in each zone to get out of them is AMAZING.
This is pretty much the best thing about the update. Now you can't just get an omni card and sprint to the exit.
Irontaco wrote:i still haven't figured out how to get out of the heavy containment zone yet, it's fun to actually have to figure out things like this again.
I think something must be done with SCP-008, according to the checkpoint monitor.

I tried to play with "Aggressive NPC" option enabled and... uh... never again. 173 is behind me all the time, every third room I enter - he is either in the room or behind me. Yet it was fun always watching my back and dying over and over.

Got a question about SCP-1499 dimension. I walked a bit there, stared at some guys, got butchered then. Is there anything useful to do there?
You are like an annoying house fly! Buzz buzz buzzbuzz- Slap! It's time to swap the fly!

Niikiitaa03 wrote:
Irontaco wrote:The fact you have to do things in each zone to get out of them is AMAZING.
This is pretty much the best thing about the update. Now you can't just get an omni card and sprint to the exit.
I think something must be done with SCP-008, according to the checkpoint monitor.
Thanks for good feedback! We know the issue with monitor in that checkpoint and it really should say that 008 is not contained
Niikiitaa03 wrote:I tried to play with "Aggressive NPC" option enabled and... uh... never again. 173 is behind me all the time, every third room I enter - he is either in the room or behind me. Yet it was fun always watching my back and dying over and over.
:D
Niikiitaa03 wrote:Got a question about SCP-1499 dimension. I walked a bit there, stared at some guys, got butchered then. Is there anything useful to do there?
Well.. this SCP is useful if you get chased by MTF or SCP-049

Vane Brain wrote:
Niikiitaa03 wrote:
Thanks for good feedback! We know the issue with monitor in that checkpoint and it really should say that 008 is not contained
Niikiitaa03 wrote:I tried to play with "Aggressive NPC" option enabled and... uh... never again. 173 is behind me all the time, every third room I enter - he is either in the room or behind me. Yet it was fun always watching my back and dying over and over.
:D
Niikiitaa03 wrote:Got a question about SCP-1499 dimension. I walked a bit there, stared at some guys, got butchered then. Is there anything useful to do there?
Well.. this SCP is useful if you get chased by MTF or SCP-049
is it just me or does the second save file in the load menu get deleted after launching the game a few times?
http://droptherapy.weebly.com/ my website
i've only been playing SCPCB since 0.8.2, but i have still seen huge improvements. :P