Re: v1.3 Update

juanjpro wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:Also we found that new room with monitors crash the game on win 8/10. But we will fix it.
Using more than two render textures (maybe any amount of render textures at all in certain cases) with Blitz3D+FastExt is not supported by Windows 8/10. There's not much you can do, other than getting rid of the render texture flag and going back to using CopyRect from the backbuffer. I think you can rely on CopyRectStretch since it's faster than regular CopyRect, but you'll still lose some performance, and it's not even guaranteed to work.
We have 2 ways to go:
1. Make a Win8/10 mode for game. And it will change all normal monitors (in new room) to monitors that shows a pictures of some rooms. (Hard to explain when you not English speaking guy)
2. Add all rooms (that monitors shows) under this room. (Right now it is works like this: if player is in this room then it will also start render other rooms where cameras are.)

Again sorry for bad English

Vane Brain, will we see some sort of actual hiding system in 1.3? These "terrifyingly smart" MTF units won't seem terrifyingly smart when all you have to hide behind is either a desk or a bookshelf. Will there by any variety in hiding? One example that comes to mind is Blackwell's Asylum, where you could hide under desks, beds, and in closets. You could also turn off the lights to confuse enemies.

SyphenTV wrote:Vane Brain, will we see some sort of actual hiding system in 1.3? These "terrifyingly smart" MTF units won't seem terrifyingly smart when all you have to hide behind is either a desk or a bookshelf. Will there by any variety in hiding? One example that comes to mind is Blackwell's Asylum, where you could hide under desks, beds, and in closets. You could also turn off the lights to confuse enemies.
"Terrifyingly smart" means that: when I went to make a screenshot, they found me. And I hid in this room, but.. they came downstairs and start search me there. But this is not means that they will be 100% super smart.

AveryLP wrote:
JohnCena wrote:This sounds spicy as my memes.Can't wait for the update so i can rko some scps mates.
Where's the like button when we need it?
Sorry son, i rkoed it out of the page.It disrespected my pecks. :|
If life gets rough RKO them with some dank memes.

Vane Brain wrote:
juanjpro wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:Also we found that new room with monitors crash the game on win 8/10. But we will fix it.
Using more than two render textures (maybe any amount of render textures at all in certain cases) with Blitz3D+FastExt is not supported by Windows 8/10. There's not much you can do, other than getting rid of the render texture flag and going back to using CopyRect from the backbuffer. I think you can rely on CopyRectStretch since it's faster than regular CopyRect, but you'll still lose some performance, and it's not even guaranteed to work.
We have 2 ways to go:
1. Make a Win8/10 mode for game. And it will change all normal monitors (in new room) to monitors that shows a pictures of some rooms. (Hard to explain when you not English speaking guy)
2. Add all rooms (that monitors shows) under this room. (Right now it is works like this: if player is in this room then it will also start render other rooms where cameras are.)

What do you mean exactly that is shows pictures of the rooms? Like just a non-moving/non-real time view of the rooms?

Sad_ness wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:
juanjpro wrote: Using more than two render textures (maybe any amount of render textures at all in certain cases) with Blitz3D+FastExt is not supported by Windows 8/10. There's not much you can do, other than getting rid of the render texture flag and going back to using CopyRect from the backbuffer. I think you can rely on CopyRectStretch since it's faster than regular CopyRect, but you'll still lose some performance, and it's not even guaranteed to work.
We have 2 ways to go:

What do you mean exactly that is shows pictures of the rooms? Like just a non-moving/non-real time view of the rooms?
Yep. But I think it will be better if we add all this rooms under room with monitors

Vane Brain wrote:
SyphenTV wrote:Vane Brain, will we see some sort of actual hiding system in 1.3? These "terrifyingly smart" MTF units won't seem terrifyingly smart when all you have to hide behind is either a desk or a bookshelf. Will there by any variety in hiding? One example that comes to mind is Blackwell's Asylum, where you could hide under desks, beds, and in closets. You could also turn off the lights to confuse enemies.
"Terrifyingly smart" means that: when I went to make a screenshot, they found me. And I hid in this room, but.. they came downstairs and start search me there. But this is not means that they will be 100% super smart.
I know what "terrifyingly smart" means Vane Brain, I'm not in 2nd grade. And thank you for completely avoiding the original question, so I'll ask again: for this "terrifyingly smart" AI for the Mobile Task Force, will there be more ways to hide to compensate for that? Like confusing the MTF by turning off the lights in a room, or hiding under desks or in closets?

Having a function like this reminds me of a screenshot I saw of D-7650/Sic screwing around in Containment Breach, where he no-clipped into what seemed to be a vent in the ceiling as the MTF walked by underneath him. It would be an interesting mechanic; to jump into vents in the ceiling in certain areas to dodge enemies. It could also give the MTF more purpose, if they were able to throw tear gas into the ceiling to flush whatevers there out, or to fire into any exposed vents if they hear the player. It would also be interesting to have a function where the MTF could be tricked by throwing items at walls or floors in rooms, and leaving doors open/closed to distract them.

skylorosxp wrote:scp I hope are in 1.3
all scp from the ntf mod
005 - Too overpowered
009 - Useless "deadly stuff" SCP (Unless it replaces 1074 which it probably won't)
409 - Same as 009
093 - Too many properties for the current game engine.
NTF - Most of the SCPs in NTF wouldn't be worth implementing into the vanilla game