Re: v1.4 Update

AveryLP wrote:
VincentRipperdactyl wrote:
PXLSHN wrote:Well, I have to say that we don't have much plans for 1.4 as for now (as we still want to make 1.3.1 patch) with some bug fixes and whatnot. So I guess that ideas are very welcome :wink:
BTW: About SCP suggestions:
I know that a lot of people wish to always see new SCPs and some suggestions would fit into the game, but: If a SCP should be implemented, then it needs a proper use or needs to be a threat. This should happen in a non-one-time-SCP style.

BTW2: I like the ideas that are already given here, but as I said, we are currently not working on 1.4 and so we don't have much ideas on our own (we will decide what comes in 1.4 as soon as we begin to develop the version).
All the SCPs i requested, (except maybe 457) are threats that will appear more than once, and 009's containment cell is both a hazard and a a four (technically three) way catwalk. but as it stands, 1.3.1 should be top priority.
Well, my idea for 457 was for him to appear like in the NTF mod as well as in some scripted events in the HCZ (457 could also be able to use the elevators)
But yea, 1.3.1 should remain top priority for now.
Anyway, by looking at the rate that updates used to take (SCP CB used to update fast as ****) we might get 1.3.1 in a matter of days, and 1.4 could still come out this year. (HYPE)
Safe Euclid Keter Thaumiel\ :096: /

VincentRipperdactyl wrote:
AveryLP wrote:
VincentRipperdactyl wrote: All the SCPs i requested, (except maybe 457) are threats that will appear more than once, and 009's containment cell is both a hazard and a a four (technically three) way catwalk. but as it stands, 1.3.1 should be top priority.
Well, my idea for 457 was for him to appear like in the NTF mod as well as in some scripted events in the HCZ (457 could also be able to use the elevators)
But yea, 1.3.1 should remain top priority for now.
Anyway, by looking at the rate that updates used to take (SCP CB used to update fast as ****) we might get 1.3.1 in a matter of days, and 1.4 could still come out this year. (HYPE)
I don't think that we will get 1.4 this year. (I am sure that 1.3.1 will come relatively soon though)
This has two reasons, first, a big amount of time has passed between the releases of two major updates in the last two years.
The second reason is that they also intend to work on 0.2.0 of the NTF mod.
Of course it would be great but for me, it's unlikely.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

Personally I'd like to see SCP-079 have a little more involvement and presence in the game, he's meant to be in full control of the facility and the very instigator of the mass containment breach, so I think he ought to interact with the world more. For starters, he could use some voice lines taunting the player for their progress, deriding them and offering cold threats in response to your actions; imagine how SHODAN speaks to the player in System Shock 2 and you'll see where I'm coming from.

For example, as you unlock the heavy containment zone, he interjects with "Pointless. Your action has amounted to no outcome." When you enter a significant area in the heavy containment zone, he responds with "D 9341, your life is worthless. Suggestion, self terminate immediately". At least this would help build up the eventual confrontation with 079 and provide a clue towards who you need to find in order to find answers for everything, you don't just enter his containment room and suddenly get told to care about this new character you knew little about in the first place (assuming you were new this game).

Finally I still think SCP 303 is perfect for this game, since it contains a lot of doors and 303's primary purpose is scaring people behind doors. I reckon it should be a rare occurrence, perhaps happening two times a game at best, but his effect should be significant. First you'd hear horrific wheezing and choking noises from the other side of a door, getting closer to the door would force the player to walk away slowly and display a message indicting D 9341 is paralysed with fear and cannot continue. Successfully opening door after battling against your unwillingness will give you a nasty scare as 303 screams, blurring your screen and vanishing out of sight leaving 9431 audibly shaken and afraid for a moment.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

Prune wrote:snip
I like your idea for SCP-303.
The only problem is that we need windowed doors to see a little bit of 303, adding to the scare.

AveryLP wrote: I don't think that we will get 1.4 this year. (I am sure that 1.3.1 will come relatively soon though)
This has two reasons, first, a big amount of time has passed between the releases of two major updates in the last two years.
You should also mention that Regalis is working on Barotrauma updates.
Prune wrote:Personally I'd like to see SCP-079 have a little more involvement and presence in the game, he's meant to be in full control of the facility and the very instigator of the mass containment breach, so I think he ought to interact with the world more. For starters, he could use some voice lines taunting the player for their progress, deriding them and offering cold threats in response to your actions; imagine how SHODAN speaks to the player in System Shock 2 and you'll see where I'm coming from.

For example, as you unlock the heavy containment zone, he interjects with "Pointless. Your action has amounted to no outcome." When you enter a significant area in the heavy containment zone, he responds with "D 9341, your life is worthless. Suggestion, self terminate immediately". At least this would help build up the eventual confrontation with 079 and provide a clue towards who you need to find in order to find answers for everything, you don't just enter his containment room and suddenly get told to care about this new character you knew little about in the first place (assuming you were new this game).
I too think that role is overdue and that SCP-079 should probably be expanded in 1.4.
Finally I still think SCP 303 is perfect for this game, since it contains a lot of doors and 303's primary purpose is scaring people behind doors. I reckon it should be a rare occurrence, perhaps happening two times a game at best, but his effect should be significant. First you'd hear horrific wheezing and choking noises from the other side of a door, getting closer to the door would force the player to walk away slowly and display a message indicting D 9341 is paralysed with fear and cannot continue. Successfully opening door after battling against your unwillingness will give you a nasty scare as 303 screams, blurring your screen and vanishing out of sight leaving 9431 audibly shaken and afraid for a moment.
If there were openable cabinets in the game (correct me if there are any atm) I think 303 should occasionally appear behind them, and to make it a rare enough occurrence that 303 isn't overdone, but common enough so that it isn't next to useless.

KirbyMario12345 wrote:
AveryLP wrote: I don't think that we will get 1.4 this year. (I am sure that 1.3.1 will come relatively soon though)
You should also mention that Regalis is working on Barotrauma updates.
I didn't mention that because it seems like that the Third Subdivision Team (Who made 1.3) will also work on future updates.
Last edited by AveryLP on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PXLSHN wrote:Well, I have to say that we don't have much plans for 1.4 as for now (as we still want to make 1.3.1 patch) with some bug fixes and whatnot. So I guess that ideas are very welcome :wink:
I know that a lot of people wish to always see new SCPs and some suggestions would fit into the game, but: If a SCP should be implemented, then it needs a proper use or needs to be a threat. This should happen in a non-one-time-SCP style.

BTW2: I like the ideas that are already given here, but as I said, we are currently not working on 1.4 and so we don't have much ideas on our own (we will decide what comes in 1.4 as soon as we begin to develop the version).

I got one question, would you consider SCP-582 Addendum 2 Manifestation Alpha (Tall Robed faceless being) as a hostile SCP in-game?

I got one question, would you consider SCP-582 Addendum 2 Manifestation Alpha (Tall Robed faceless being) as a hostile SCP in-game?

SCP-096-2 wrote: I got one question, would you consider SCP-582 Addendum 2 Manifestation Alpha (Tall Robed faceless being) as a hostile SCP in-game?
Not really sure, as I'm not the main developer of the game (it's still Regalis) and we are currently not in the 1.4 development anyways.