Re: Why is the texture quality setting not available in 1.3.1?

Vane Brain wrote:OMG 2 mb! How much! I can't download it
cry cry cry
Wow, you're really implying there's only 2MB worth of unused data in CB? That's an understatement.

Also, file size optimization is file size optimization. I'd estimate there's at least 50MB of unused files in CB's folders, and while that may not seem like much, it would still shave a quarter of the game's current size off itself.

FFS guys this is not the place to discuss this, also vanebrain is right even though he doesn't express it properly.
The unused files aren't used in the game, so it doesn't get slower

And

The size of the game won't matter to downloaders anyways the only one having the Problem here is the scpcb site, even though >half of the people download the game through mediafire anyways, i guess.

So... No need to blame anyone for anything that doesn't matter much anyways.
If it matters to you, say it politely atleast.
And... Not under a post that has very little to do with it.

ME2 wrote:FFS guys this is not the place to discuss this,
...why not? Aren't forum posts and threads meant to insight discussion?
ME2 wrote:The unused files aren't used in the game, so it doesn't get slower
To refer back to my previous post:
CommanderMark wrote:file size optimization is file size optimization.
Yes, in reality anyone with decent internet wouldn't note the difference between 100 and 200MB files, but if there's room for more optimization (especially with something as simple as parsing unused files) why not go for it?
ME2 wrote:The size of the game won't matter to downloaders anyways the only one having the Problem here is the scpcb site, even though >half of the people download the game through mediafire anyways, i guess.
What? When did we mention the file size being a problem for downloaders? What problem is there with the site? What MediaFire download are you even talking about?
ME2 wrote:So... No need to blame anyone for anything that doesn't matter much anyways.
Who are we blaming?
ME2 wrote:Not under a post that has very little to do with it.
This statement I would like some clarification on. What is bad about your thread insighting discussion on other topics? Again, isn't that the point of a forum, to talk about and discuss things? The only time being off-topic should be a problem is when it devolves into shit posting that yields no real talk about the game.
Inclination wrote:A) Our computers should not be potatoes during this day and age
B) The Game is absolutely free
What do either of these points even have to do with file size? I'm pretty sure you can run a 64 GB free 2D indie game on a potatoe so long as you had enough file space.

CommanderMark wrote:
Inclination wrote:A) Our computers should not be potatoes during this day and age
B) The Game is absolutely free
What do either of these points even have to do with file size? I'm pretty sure you can run a 64 GB free 2D indie game on a potatoe so long as you had enough file space.
Whoosh; anyhow, those points do have everything to do with file size. A) explains the fact that we have plenty of space, RAM, and processing power on our computers that we could use to download and play almost any type of game with desire and B) explains that since the game is absolutely free, we should not be angered and bickering over things that do not do anything to ruin the game experience; if 50MB, let's say, takes up much space or you can't enjoy it, then just uninstall it. Simple as that.