Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev build 2 is out! (10.29.16)

GIMLI_2 wrote:
My worry is that you'll make it too similar, and, like the other ports, this'll get overshadowed by the original game.
maybe because the other ports didn't get finished? :D
That's what I meant. Sorry about the confusion. The other ports got overshadowed by the original game, despite how much better they'd be. This is simply because the original is more complete, and the port devs lost interest in their projects because it's such a massive undertaking with so little support behind it.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Can't wait!

Also, let me know if you need help with creative liberty. :wink:

[EDIT]
I'm not the best at modeling but I went ahead and built a room for your port. Is very high poly at this time, but I'm working on fixing that.
Spoiler
Here's a link to the .blend file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zstha9ykxt1ks ... blend?dl=0

[MOAR EDIT]
I know why the loading screen text was shifted a little for me. My computer's resolution was set to some weird 732 X 1360. I made it 720 X 1280 and the problem was solved, and games are giving me normal 16:9 resolution settings now too!
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Would I be burned at stake if I said that you should probably focus on completing the atmosphere before you even touch any npc's?
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Hubbawubba64 wrote:Would I be burned at stake if I said that you should probably focus on completing the atmosphere before you even touch any npc's?
An atmosphere is an atmosphere, you can't say it's only half.
Spoiler
Now you're probably wondering what I'm going to do with all this atmosphere, after all, I do build it up for 12 hours. But to answer that, first, we need to talk about parallel unity ports.

Hubbawubba64 wrote:Would I be burned at stake if I said that you should probably focus on completing the atmosphere before you even touch any npc's?
Umm...

Commander!
Do you have the gasoline?

Really, he can come at it however he wants. He is the developer after all, and there really is no right or wrong way to go about it.
Official Website