Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev build 2 is out! (10.29.16)

Zackonark wrote:Can't wait!

Also, let me know if you need help with creative liberty. :wink:

[EDIT]
I'm not the best at modeling but I went ahead and built a room for your port. Is very high poly at this time, but I'm working on fixing that.
Spoiler
Here's a link to the .blend file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zstha9ykxt1ks ... blend?dl=0

[MOAR EDIT]
I know why the loading screen text was shifted a little for me. My computer's resolution was set to some weird 732 X 1360. I made it 720 X 1280 and the problem was solved, and games are giving me normal 16:9 resolution settings now too!
dont worry, our little community is a bunch of ragtag devs mods and testers!
your room looks really interesting and given the ceiling and pipes it would make a cool gas room, i felt that mechcanic of the original game could be expanded on

cross-conception wrote: dont worry, our little community is a bunch of ragtag devs mods and testers!
your room looks really interesting and given the ceiling and pipes it would make a cool gas room, i felt that mechcanic of the original game could be expanded on
Hmm. That's not a bad idea. Maybe I could add air vents in the floor at each of the doors too. These could pump air into the room where the ceiling pulls it out, creating a pressure differential that keeps the gas in the room.
Or it could work the other way around as a "safe area" from hazardous gases/viruses like 008.
cross-conception wrote: and let me know what needs testing and ill be sure to report any bugs i find (but lets be honest zonor, your builds are really stable)
Sure thing!
I'll just post anything I find here as I've been doing. Between us we'll find every bug in the game!
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Zackonark wrote: [EDIT]
I'm not the best at modeling but I went ahead and built a room for your port. Is very high poly at this time, but I'm working on fixing that.

Here's a link to the .blend file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zstha9ykxt1ks ... blend?dl=0

[MOAR EDIT]
I know why the loading screen text was shifted a little for me. My computer's resolution was set to some weird 732 X 1360. I made it 720 X 1280 and the problem was solved, and games are giving me normal 16:9 resolution settings now too!
Oh that's pretty cool! I went ahead and tried importing it, as a test.
You'll notice that it extends too far into other rooms...I believe that the max room size is 20x20 units, at least where it connects to other rooms. I could be mistaken, modeling is not my forte. In addition, the walls near the doors are a bit too thick, so the buttons for the doors will be buried inside the walls.

HOWEVER! This is pretty cool, and adding more rooms would be very useful. There is only one room4 currently, so having an extra would not be amiss. If it fits with the aesthetic of light containment, and fits (literally ;P) I'd be happy to use it.

I should probably create some templates for room1, 2, 2c, 3, and 4 that can be downloaded and expanded upon. I am planning on it, but that was going to happen when I started focusing more on the modding side of things.

EDIT: Hallways are 20 units long, 10 units from the center. So at every point which the room connects to the maze, that point must be 10 units from the center of the room. The walls are just inward facing planes with no depth at what looks like exactly 10 units from the center. I've gone ahead and uploaded the door frame as a .blend file here so that it can be used to correctly size the room exits: DoorFrame.blend

zornor90 wrote:Oh that's pretty cool! I went ahead and tried importing it, as a test.
You'll notice that it extends too far into other rooms...I believe that the max room size is 20x20 units, at least where it connects to other rooms. I could be mistaken, modeling is not my forte. In addition, the walls near the doors are a bit too thick, so the buttons for the doors will be buried inside the walls.

HOWEVER! This is pretty cool, and adding more rooms would be very useful. There is only one room4 currently, so having an extra would not be amiss. If it fits with the aesthetic of light containment, and fits (literally ;P) I'd be happy to use it.

I should probably create some templates for room1, 2, 2c, 3, and 4 that can be downloaded and expanded upon. I am planning on it, but that was going to happen when I started focusing more on the modding side of things.

EDIT: Hallways are 20 units long, 10 units from the center. So at every point which the room connects to the maze, that point must be 10 units from the center of the room. The walls are just inward facing planes with no depth at what looks like exactly 10 units from the center. I've gone ahead and uploaded the door frame as a .blend file here so that it can be used to correctly size the room exits: DoorFrame.blend
LOL!
I figured as much would happen.

Thanks for the door frame. I tried finding one in the original game's source files, but I couldn't find one. I'll see what I can do to fix it, but, like I said, I am noob.

Perhaps one could just position door frames in blend files for templates...

[EDIT]
room_setup.blend
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Hey OP, can you add options to increase brightness in the future? Right now the game is REALLY dark, so dark in fact that I cannot see anything except SCP 173's containment room.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqWX9 ... TMygHSqKnA
Example I am an amateur youtuber and map maker for source games who became interested in SCP: Containment Breach when Markiplier posted his episodes on said game.