Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

zornor90 wrote:
Spoiler
[youtube]-16R1Trl2rc[/youtube]
Alright as part of the second improvement phase I added brighter lights during the burst, whaddya think?
It definitely looks better but there's still room for improvement. I can see desynchronization between the lights that appear in the attack phase. The lights themselves are white and not the color of the electricity. Finally, I think you should increase the speed of the particle effects of the Tesla Gate, electricity is not as slow as seen in the video.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

Brunou8 wrote:
zornor90 wrote:
Spoiler
[youtube]-16R1Trl2rc[/youtube]
Alright as part of the second improvement phase I added brighter lights during the burst, whaddya think?
It definitely looks better but there's still room for improvement. I can see desynchronization between the lights that appear in the attack phase. The lights themselves are white and not the color of the electricity. Finally, I think you should increase the speed of the particle effects of the Tesla Gate, electricity is not as slow as seen in the video.
Oh ok. Are you referring to the speed of the burst, or the speed of the sparks pre-burst?

The lights will be a bit tricky, as I don't want them to look too blue. I'll have to work on that. Honestly I may need to get a better particle shader that looks closer to electricity (blue and white)

zornor90 wrote:
ReptileMonster wrote:
zornor90 wrote:
Death animations, messages, etc are all coming in the future! Remember that this is still very early alpha
Are there going to be new SCPs and gate C with endings of it's own?
Yes there are going to be new SCPs for sure, new rooms, other levels, etc. New endings are possible depending on where the story goes
can you tell us about the new SCPs in the game, or any screenshots of them( if you even got the models started).
:duck:

Metroid construction: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/in ... le;u=40862

zornor90 wrote:Oh ok. Are you referring to the speed of the burst, or the speed of the sparks pre-burst?
Both. I even think the burst should just be an image that quickly disappears like in the original game. It looks more realistic that way.

[youtube]KQGCUCiV2g4[/youtube]
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

ReptileMonster wrote:
zornor90 wrote:
ReptileMonster wrote: Are there going to be new SCPs and gate C with endings of it's own?
Yes there are going to be new SCPs for sure, new rooms, other levels, etc. New endings are possible depending on where the story goes
can you tell us about the new SCPs in the game, or any screenshots of them( if you even got the models started).

He's not even finished with all the basic game mechanics and generic SCPs in CB like 106, 008, etc. I doubt he has any new SCPs planned yet even, and definitely not any models.

Alright, I'll take these thoughts into consideration. Changing the animation for the tesla gate isn't too hard to do, now that the mechanic is in place.

In other news, we are drawing closer to a release! I'm busy fixing bugs and optimizing things here and there. I decided to give 173's AI a quick glance, and added a Despawn() behavior. Now, 173 will not always be in the player's face. Instead, when 173 hasn't been viewed by the player in a while, he has a chance to despawn completely for a set interval, which could be modified based on difficulty, settings, etc. Once the despawn() behavior has concluded, 173 will once again start searching for a place to teleport to.

The nice thing about my behavior system is that an event could override 173's default behavior at any time. Hopefully this means less broken events. I guess we'll see!

Patreon Weekly Build: Alpha 0.3.9 out!

This week's major changes:
  • 173 now sometimes despawns for a period of time
    Tesla gate animation improvements
    Fixes to improve memory management
    Fixed two major bugs with worldgen
I think we'll be on target for a release this coming weekend, unless somebody discovers a major bug! i just have a couple more bugfixes to make, then I'll be adding some more items, sounds, and maybe a couple of secrets for you guys to check out ;)

Check it out!

Changelog

Code: Select all

v0.3.9

Changes to the tesla gate
Better ramp up and burst animations
Brighter lights during burst
Put trigger areas on ignore raycast to ensure that they weren't blocking the player from clicking buttons, blocking the player from 'seeing' 173, etc.
Toned down overly bright lighting in two wayy hallway, small testing room, and tesla hallway
Added check so that if player closes options menu with escape, it resets settings
Upgraded Master Audio: AAA sound from 4.0.7 to 4.0.8, fixed a bug with occlusion leaking memory
Went through code and replaced all new declarations of WaitForSeconds() with instances that are initialized, to avoid allocations in coroutines (and garbage generation / slowdown)

Scripts affected:
-WalkingSound
-TeslaGate
-FacilityGridLoader
-SCP-1499-1 instances
-TeleportElevator
-AirlockButton
-Player blinking
-LoadingScreen
-StatBars
-GameLoader
Fixed AudioManager losing reference to PlaylistController upon restarting the game, and making it impossible to switch music
Removed unecessary SetVolume console command, as it is no longer required
Removed HighlightingSystemDemo
Upgraded HighlightingSystem from 4.2 to 4.3, biggest change is less garbage being allocated

Two changes to 173:
1) 173 will now sometimes despawn instead of move to attack the player. This will last for a period of time, until 173 decides its time to attack you once more!
2) Optimization: Use custom handler for path.blocked, should make 173's engine faster
RoomConnector now copies the graph, so that multiple copies can be generated and tested until a suitable graph is found to then insert upon the original grid
GridNode is now a private class, only to be used inside RoomConnector
GridBounds now fits start VectorXZ inside graph as well as end
ZoneSector updated to use the new RoomConnector structure to copy rooms back into the grid
Fixed a bug where a special room, which should be treated as a mustSpawn room, was being treated as a random room in the weight directions function. Now, isStatic wraps both mustSpawn and special so that the generation algorithm can query that for both cases. Fixes infinite recursion caused by seeds such as: CHNsWUBu
Re-enabled pickups spawning. Whoops!