Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2017) - Latest Build: 0.4a (3/12/17)

hosiet wrote:Hello,

I found this remake version via Reddit and really looking forward to see SCP:CB rebuilt with Unity3D. The old engine should retire.

Now I've got some questions around its future development:
Awesome, glad you found this!
* Will the Unity Edition be kept free (free to play, donate if willing) in the future?
Yes, you can support my development on patreon and get builds faster, or play the free general builds which I release every month or two. Supporting me on patreon is very helpful as I am able to support my website, file download, and purchase assets on the unity store, but it is totally optional. The game itself will always be free to the public, in the spirit of the SCP wiki and original game.
* Will you make it an open-source game and publish current source code?
95% sure.
* Since it is now built with Unity, is is possible for you to add cross-platform support in the future (macos or linux desktop)?
* ...or even put it onto Steam?
Linux build already exists, I'm trying to add mac support and I plan on releasing this on steam in the future.

Thanks!

zornor90 wrote:Getting close to implementing SCP-106's movement! While I'm working on that, I found this really cool color profile in the unity post-processing. Check it out:

Standard (Current lighting)
ACES Color Profile
Maybe you can put an option in the options where the player can switch between the standard lighting and the ACES color profile, if possible.
:duck:

Metroid construction: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/in ... le;u=40862

zornor90 wrote:Getting close to implementing SCP-106's movement! While I'm working on that, I found this really cool color profile in the unity post-processing. Check it out:

Standard (Current lighting)
ACES Color Profile
I'm liking the progress this port has made and the potential it has [I don't know many of the other popular engines... Unreal, Unity, and I remember another one that people thought would be cool as a port.] But I'm curious.. Is a custom colored fog possible for the game? [It was in the original SCP Containment Breach but a WHILE ago something broke it or it got removed recently but I think that'd be a cool and funny thing for both games to have as it could be used for hard challenges and it's a funny thing that players customize... I don't know if the port will have seeds where same seeds make the same map so multiplayer like races can be made by same seeds on different computers so the fog can be used to make the races harder... If the seeds always make different maps including same seeds then WAYYY LATER could multiplayer be added.. I don't know if multiplayer is something that should be added early or later because I've never made a game or anything... I think custom colored fog should be readded to the original SCP Containment Breach for challenges too.
MrMilkman wrote:
ReptileMonster wrote:
MrMilkman wrote:Hey! I really like this remake and I'd really like to play it, but when I start the game, my character moves forwards and to the left all the time, uncontrollably. It's as if I'm constantly holding W and A, even though I'm not. I've tried looking online for this sort of thing, but haven't found anything on it. I can still move back and to the left, but if I press S, I still move to the left while moving backward. And if I press D, then I keep moving forward while going to the right. If I hold S and D together, I move back and to the right like normal. Hopefully this can be fixed, thanks!
Maybe your keys got stuck. It's a common problem with any games. Whats the condition of your keyboard?
My keyboard is in pretty good condition, and no keys are physically stuck. In any other games I play, I don't get this problem. There is some paint worn off of my WASD keys but, with any frequent PC gamer, that's normal.
I have had that problem too in the past but the ways I think I fixed it [The problems were on a Windows 8.1/Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 8.1/Windows 10 PC that I have not used in a very very long time] was hitting Alt + Tab [Switching between programs key combo], Ctrl + Alt + Del [It shows Task Manager and other options but don't click any just hit cancel or back], or try updating the computer's system, drivers, and other COMPUTER updates [Settings, Device Manager, and Programs​ and Features​ is the order to finding each type... COMPUTER updates means only updates for programs that might help. Not random programs... Unity might help and others]

ReptileMonster wrote: Maybe you can put an option in the options where the player can switch between the standard lighting and the ACES color profile, if possible.
That's not a bad idea. Since it's just a post-processing toggle, I could easily do that.
Of course down the line with a custom color profile it may not be as easy. We'll have to see. I might make post-processing writable from outside the game so people can design their own color profiles as well and inject them
ENDERMANLIKE wrote:
zornor90 wrote: I'm liking the progress this port has made and the potential it has [I don't know many of the other popular engines... Unreal, Unity, and I remember another one that people thought would be cool as a port.] But I'm curious.. Is a custom colored fog possible for the game? [It was in the original SCP Containment Breach but a WHILE ago something broke it or it got removed recently but I think that'd be a cool and funny thing for both games to have as it could be used for hard challenges and it's a funny thing that players customize... I don't know if the port will have seeds where same seeds make the same map so multiplayer like races can be made by same seeds on different computers so the fog can be used to make the races harder... If the seeds always make different maps including same seeds then WAYYY LATER could multiplayer be added.. I don't know if multiplayer is something that should be added early or later because I've never made a game or anything... I think custom colored fog should be readded to the original SCP Containment Breach for challenges too.
A custom colored fog is pretty simple to add.

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2017) - Latest Build: 0.4c (3/26/17)

General Build v0.4c is out!

This is a patch build based on user input for 0.4, freely available to the public. It adds some more bugfixes and improvements - most importantly, crouching now actually makes you slower and you can't hold shift while standing still and get all out of breath. ;P

Get it here!

Changelog:

Code: Select all

InteractableObject now adds Highlighter component and removes it when done, to avoid tons of Update() calls. Each highlighter component was calling Update() even with no work to do, causing a lot of wasted ms per frame (anywhere from 50-150 highlighter components so far which would have increased with each door and new interactable added)
You can no longer press the sprint button to lose stamina without moving
Decreased sunlight intensity in Store Room from 3 to 2
Slightly decreased warning light intensity in storage room
Added crouch speed parameter, player is now slower while crouching
Upgraded post processing from version 1 to version 1.0.1
Created a new version of the containment light, ContainmentLight_Glass with glass instead of a metal frame
Replaced the starting room containment lights with the new variant as step 1 of the upgraded look
BehaviorTimer is now a MonoBehavior and handles time-keeping internally. Other scripts just need to call CheckTimer() to get whether the timer has expired or not.
Added Enable() and Disable() methods to BehaviorTimers, so that they can be switched off when not in use
TeslaGate is slightly more dangerous now - increased the charge range slightly and decreased the charge timer by 15%
You can no longer lose stamina when holding run button while walking crouched

xhul wrote:Damn, you're a machine !
Sorry for haven't being able to provide any juicy bug reports lately.
My hands are damaged, and using a mouse too much can actually reverse the skin recovery.
Until i get better, keep up the good work.
Love =]
Haha thanks! Hope you feel better. Until then, check this out!
Finally more than one SCP in the game, haha. Still need animations and emission texture for 106.

zornor90 wrote:Haha thanks! Hope you feel better. Until then, check this out!
106 and his secret hula hoop addiction...
ReptileMonster wrote:What happen?
My immune system is known to be particularly paranoid.
Basically, almost every possible stimulation is considered a threat, result being nasty skin reactions.
And of course, the more the tissue is damaged, the more easily my system reacts (chain reaction).
Curing @ about 80%, but that thing can strike back without asking.

zornor90 wrote:
xhul wrote:Damn, you're a machine !
Sorry for haven't being able to provide any juicy bug reports lately.
My hands are damaged, and using a mouse too much can actually reverse the skin recovery.
Until i get better, keep up the good work.
Love =]
Haha thanks! Hope you feel better. Until then, check this out!
Finally more than one SCP in the game, haha. Still need animations and emission texture for 106.
I Think SCP-106 Looks A Little Too Glossy. i think you should decrease the glossiness a little.
SCP-682 wants the meme :682: