Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2017) - Latest Build: 0.5a (6/3/17)

Zackonark wrote:
OnyxDarkKnight wrote:
Zackonark wrote: I dunno if I'm an actual member of the team (if there is a team (maybe more of a volunteer?)). Nonetheless, I'm working on remodeling the heavy containment zone and would much enjoy your help. I'm absolute garbage at texturing and am only now getting decent at modeling. I have a few rooms in the project Dropbox that you could look at if you like. A few of them aren't what I have at home, however. I'll have those uploaded by the end of the day if you feel like lending me a hand.

The Dropbox is accessed by signing in through google.
I would love to help, though maybe you should have sent that through a PM, rather than post it publicly. I could also use some help with the login though, do you guys have a discord channel or something were we can talk?
I figured since Zornor is eventually going to make the project public that it didn't matter all that much, if I'm not mistaken that is.

Those are the google account login. To sign in the drop box, just use the sign in with google option. Sorry about the confusion.

As for the discord, this is all we have in terms of collaboration. But there is also that trello thing Zornor made.
Oh yeah, I got that, the problem is that, because I am from another location, it's asking me to five the City where you usually log in from. But, at the same time, aren't you able to just share the dropbox folder? I have a few folders from my friends that they shared with me and I never had a problem.

Zackonark wrote:Lol how so? Is it one of those things you over complicate, or is it something that sounds simpler than it really is?

And looking forward to it!
So basically the new player effect system is a generic system of effects, and I'm working on an effect to rotate the player to look at SCP-012 (or really any object, this effect will probably be used in a lot of events) as he walks towards it. Currently, the player's entire body rotates which is bad as it breaks the character controller and literally spins the player out of existence...

So basically I'm just working on figuring out how to only rotate the player on certain axes - rotations aren't my forte lol

But the event itself is in, I've added some cool blood effects and blur effects although they need some tweaking...the next step is to add SCP-714 and allow the player to equip it and it to disable SCP-012's effect while equipped

zornor90 wrote:
Zackonark wrote:Lol how so? Is it one of those things you over complicate, or is it something that sounds simpler than it really is?

And looking forward to it!
So basically the new player effect system is a generic system of effects, and I'm working on an effect to rotate the player to look at SCP-012 (or really any object, this effect will probably be used in a lot of events) as he walks towards it. Currently, the player's entire body rotates which is bad as it breaks the character controller and literally spins the player out of existence...

So basically I'm just working on figuring out how to only rotate the player on certain axes - rotations aren't my forte lol

But the event itself is in, I've added some cool blood effects and blur effects although they need some tweaking...the next step is to add SCP-714 and allow the player to equip it and it to disable SCP-012's effect while equipped
Yeesh. Yeah that sounds painful. Rotations aren't my forte either. Still happy to see progress :D
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website