Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016)

Nehpys wrote:
ME2 wrote:I Wonder how Long it'll take for Regalis to say something about this.
He probably won't say anything. Regalis, as far as I know is fine with ports of the game.
Nah, i didnt mean that i just mean for example: Promising port here, have some tips and good luck -Regalis

or maybe even at some point talking about merging this port with the original

... :) or something

Work is continuing on the TriggeredEvent system. This is a rather complicated system, as it turns out.

Events can have
Triggers
Conditions
Results

Now results can either happen at the same time (discrete) or happen sequentially (Sequenced). In addition, there can be multiple sets of sequences and discrete results. Finally, these can run concurrently, so they have to be paused when the game pauses and resumed when the game resumes.

In addition, due to the way unity stores assets, I am doing some complicated nested custom editors.

I am making progress though. The database does now store the events themselves as well as results. Over the next couple of days, I should be able to finish the editor window for these things to allow them to be created.

The goal is that when I, or modders, create new events, we can select triggers, conditions, and results from a dropdown list, edit the parameters, save them, and launch the game. New scripts of each type will be added to those lists automatically as they are defined.

Once I finish this system, I should be able to add a "173 jumpscare" event as well as a "player death animation" event. Then I will release the test build.

Indev build 1 is out! This is the test build for 173 movement and spawning. I was able to create a crude teleport script for 173 so he can and will pop up throughout the map.

There are a couple of bugs with loading the map still - if it hangs during loading just restart. This is rare.

TAB for PDA, Shift to run, Space to blink, F3 for console.

Click here!

Changelog:
Spoiler
Added:
Added lights to lockroom
Added timed doors to lockroom
173 now searches the map for the player. This utilizes a respawn timer. The timer starts out at x seconds; if 173 respawns enough times without discovering the player, it will decrease the respawn timer down to once per second.
Added intro alarm sounds
Added functionality to audio manager to play sound sequences as well as repeat sounds only for a certain number of times
Added Two Way Hallway (room2)
Functions to reload and quit the game on game over.
The audiomanager now stores playing sounds in a queue, so that multiple 2D sounds can be played at once. it will attempt to utiliize any free audio sources before reusing currently playing sources. Because they are stored in a queue, this ensures that oldest sounds are used first, hopefully after they've played for a while(less jarring for the player)

Changed / Fixed:
Fixed TimeSinceEvent condition using two a different check, timeSinceStartup, then the event itself, which was using timeSinceLevelLoad. This meant that dying and restarting broke events, as the scene is reloaded and the times became irreconcilable.
Fixed bug with walking sound playing at running speed when holding run key but out of breath
Refactored RoomCache to use far fewer lines. More functional, much more easy to read
Fixed audio manager losing references to used sounds when reusing them
Fixed some broken grids
Increased door collider so that 173's arms are no longer visible through the door.
Fixed codex breaking when disabling / enabling the PDA. List wasn't getting cleared OnDisable()
Changed codex doc labels to differ from the actual documents so it's easier to read.
Buttons now use lists of target actors so that they can enable / disable multiple objects
Cursor is now hidden and locked during gameplay
Messenger Cleanup() now happens when engine reloads. It must happen before any game service component(UI, etc) adds a message or those will be destroyed. Therefore, moved message creation out of Awake() for game services
Fixed broken references to codex and resource slot prefabs
Let me know what you guys think!

zornor90 wrote:Indev build 1 is out! This is the test build for 173 movement and spawning. I was able to create a crude teleport script for 173 so he can and will pop up throughout the map.

There are a couple of bugs with loading the map still - if it hangs during loading just restart. This is rare.

TAB for PDA, Shift to run, Space to blink, F3 for console.

Click here!

Changelog:
Spoiler
Added:
Added lights to lockroom
Added timed doors to lockroom
173 now searches the map for the player. This utilizes a respawn timer. The timer starts out at x seconds; if 173 respawns enough times without discovering the player, it will decrease the respawn timer down to once per second.
Added intro alarm sounds
Added functionality to audio manager to play sound sequences as well as repeat sounds only for a certain number of times
Added Two Way Hallway (room2)
Functions to reload and quit the game on game over.
The audiomanager now stores playing sounds in a queue, so that multiple 2D sounds can be played at once. it will attempt to utiliize any free audio sources before reusing currently playing sources. Because they are stored in a queue, this ensures that oldest sounds are used first, hopefully after they've played for a while(less jarring for the player)

Changed / Fixed:
Fixed TimeSinceEvent condition using two a different check, timeSinceStartup, then the event itself, which was using timeSinceLevelLoad. This meant that dying and restarting broke events, as the scene is reloaded and the times became irreconcilable.
Fixed bug with walking sound playing at running speed when holding run key but out of breath
Refactored RoomCache to use far fewer lines. More functional, much more easy to read
Fixed audio manager losing references to used sounds when reusing them
Fixed some broken grids
Increased door collider so that 173's arms are no longer visible through the door.
Fixed codex breaking when disabling / enabling the PDA. List wasn't getting cleared OnDisable()
Changed codex doc labels to differ from the actual documents so it's easier to read.
Buttons now use lists of target actors so that they can enable / disable multiple objects
Cursor is now hidden and locked during gameplay
Messenger Cleanup() now happens when engine reloads. It must happen before any game service component(UI, etc) adds a message or those will be destroyed. Therefore, moved message creation out of Awake() for game services
Fixed broken references to codex and resource slot prefabs
Let me know what you guys think!

Tested it out, really nice job so far. Only issues I noticed is 173 can move when you're still looking at it, not far though. Other issue is map generation can generate weird things where you can see outside the map/get inside areas you shouldn't be able to.

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev build 1 is out! (10.13.16)

Update: Pushed a bugfix release out. This release allows 173 to actually kill you. You can disable him with commands if need be to test the map. Also, detecting corners of 173 to see if it moves less when 'visible" to the player

Get it here!

Changelog:
Spoiler
Now using 7 points for 173 sight detection so that corners are included, should move a lot less when "seen" now. Might be overcorrection, but it feels a bit better
Fixed door collider not being wide enough to block player from "seeing" 173 through doors
Fixed wall colliders in 173_opt blocking the player from clicking the button on the outside!
Added lights to all buttons not just the first one
173 will kill you now, if it can
Added console commands "enable173" and "disable173"
Added console command "godmode" for super fast sprint
Fixed bug with inventory / codex breaking on game restart