Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

Hubbawubba64 wrote:
zornor90 wrote:[youtube]9_NsHj4YrYs[/youtube]
Is that actually moving or are you just teleporting the player? It's also a bit too fast.
Just teleporting the player, as I believe occurs in the original game. And changing the speed is super easy. Eventually I will be adding moving elevators for new rooms; I didn't here because I would have to rework the storage room below to line up with the room above.
ReptileMonster wrote:There should be a multiplayer mode. it might take away some of the scare factor, but I imagine adding a little bit of fun and replay ability, heck, there should be a multiplayer mode where one person is an SCP.
Not every game needs multiplayer. However, adding multiplayer to Unity I imagine wouldn't be hard for a modder to do. Changing the game so that one player is an SCP would make it a very different game.

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

zornor90 wrote:Not every game needs multiplayer. However, adding multiplayer to Unity I imagine wouldn't be hard for a modder to do. Changing the game so that one player is an SCP would make it a very different game.
As I remember, Photon Networking + Unity's Inbuilt multiplayer tools would make it simple, but trying to get everything to piece together would be the hard thing.

ReptileMonster wrote:There should be a multiplayer mode. it might take away some of the scare factor, but I imagine adding a little bit of fun and replay ability, heck, there should be a multiplayer mode where one person is an SCP.
Multiplayer in a horror game is the worst idea ever.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Brunou8 wrote:
Multiplayer in a horror game is the worst idea ever.
Not really. There are some horror games where multiplayer is a key factor, and they can still be pretty scary.
:duck:

Metroid construction: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/in ... le;u=40862

Patreon Weekly Build: Alpha 0.3.6 out!

Another week, another update! A lot of good stuff this week. Got elevators in, reworked the pickup database system to prepare for scaling up items in game. Added the Master Audio system to handle audio in the game, loads and unloads sounds as needed. Finally have the light containment music in! And, there's now a linux version!

I would say that we'll be ready for a general build either next week or the week after. I want to focus on finally finishing the new worldgen this week, and then fix bugs / add stuff the week after.

Check it out!

Changelog

Code: Select all

v0.3.6
Fixed bug with general documents duplicating in codex. Rewrote CodexUI, created a DocumentLabelList class to generalize storing and handling document labels. Now, codex just calls relevant methods on DocumentLabelLists scpLabels and otherLabels. This will make it easy to add new types of documents in the future.
Added TextReader which allows for text documents to be displayed with options to increase / decrease font size to look good on multiple displays
Reworked PickupEditors so that all pickup editors inherit from a base one with base functionality - now editors just need to write functions for subclass specific fields and properties!
Added TeleportElevators!
Reworked button system - all buttons inherit base button for sound and interactable
Reworked room3storage 3d model and room prefab, elevator prefab separated from room and lower room finished
Added TeleportElevator, which teleports objects between bounds of ElevatorFloors. ElevatorFloors all use the same prefab so that when the player teleports, there is no shifting - currently light shifts slightly but it is not very noticeable.
Volume for walking audio now changes depending on whether player is running, walking, or crouching
Fixed bug in linux where mouse was still captured when alt-tabbing, by calling a method to free the mouse when the application loses focus
Added min and max fields to OptionSliders to propagate to the slider component
Removed TargetActor - DoorButton now just calls a list of doors
AirlockButton OnClick() now calls base.OnClick() for button sound
Added LockroomSiren sound
Reworked scp205 room so that 173 can travel up stairs
Imported and set up Master Audio unity asset (Thanks to patrons!)
Benefits include:
-No longer are there hundreds of audio sources in a scene (one per door, one per button, etc, etc) - sources are only created as needed
-Loading / unloading of sounds automatically
-Sound occlusion (not set up yet but soon!)

Reworked all audio in the game to use this system
-Reworked WalkingSound
-Reworked PlaySound
Fixed bug with CharacterMover - now IsMoving returns actual velocity not input strength (which can change)
Tesla Idle has better volume falloff over distance
Merged alarm intro into one sound and made a one-time sound so that music can play in the background (better immersion when pausing with music then when pausing with OMG CONTAINMENT BREACHHHHEED)
Added basic pickup sounds

zornor90 wrote: Also:
Also what? Did you add a physics engine or something?
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.