Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2017) - Latest Build: 0.4c (3/26/17)

There's a couple of things that I would like to do before the next version.
  • Add the ability for users to save their own controller configs
    Update interaction - more on that in an upcoming video!
    New storage room
    Add animations to SCPs (1499, 106, 939)
I'm not sure how long all of these will take. I'd say anywhere between 1 week and 1 month ;P.
You can also check out my trello to watch my progress in real time.

[youtube]TgWv4Shqc7U[/youtube]

This is phase 1 of the new interaction system! Which is really the old one, haha. I realized that basically, it's super annoying to have to stare directly at an object to hit it in a game where you have to stare at the main villain to not die!

I do plan on fixing the bugs from the original system that I don't like, but overall I feel like this is much more in the spirit and feel of containment breach.

let me know what you all think!

I have a question about how you plan to implement 173. In the Blitz version of SCB:CB. SCP 173 is capable of spawning in any room. While it will technically chase the player (opening doors that are in the way), it's AI seems to be very basic and has basic pathfinding. Once the player gets a certain distance gets away from it, it stops chasing the player and simply goes into its idle mode where it has to be seen or "activated" to chase the player again. I'm not sure if it will automatically kill the player if he isn't looking in the direction of 173 should they be in the same room. However, it seems to me that 173 doesn't move until the "horror" sound is played (signaling that 173 is now active gameplay wise). With your implementation, the one key difference is that SCP-173 can move when not being observed behind walls. This would mean that in the event you wanted to run from 173, you would need to constantly observe him and you wouldn't be able to shut doors in the conventional since (since closing doors allows 173 to move freely therefore being able to open doors that you close and close the distance). If that were the case, how would the player run from SCP-173? This would also make going through gas lock rooms way more difficult. Also, what kind of spawning mechanic do you plan to implement for SCP-173? In the current version, SCP-173 can spawn anywhere. This means that you have to effectively scan every room for him before going along your merry careless way. Not only this, I think it's possible to wander into a room, blink, and have 173 in your face (because he was in the same room). That being said, I could see wandering into a room, and having 173 peek around one of the corners as it attempts to get to you but gets caught in your line of sight. So what kind of plans do you have? Given that 173 is the main antagonist, this has the potential to completely change how we play the game.
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill
===============================