Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2017) - Latest Build: 0.4c (3/26/17)

LORD DEATH wrote:
TwentyPotatoes wrote:
zornor90 wrote:Thanks! And well - haven't thought too much about that just yet. Sound design is not my forte. I'll probably consider new sounds as I start to add more and more new things.
Well, i've been playing with sounds for a long time, maybe i can help you with something.
Could you help Vane Brain as well? SCP:CB is currently has no one working in sound design. There are a few sounds that need reworking.
maybe, i only search and make realistic sounds, i don't use any sound engine or anything.

GIMLI_2 wrote:the sound effects in scp:cb are the most amazing thing imo (most of them). I'd not change them
A lot of the sound effects and ways they are mixed are really good - I don't want to lose that feel. However, upgrading to better quality sounds for some things makes sense.
LORD DEATH wrote:One of the major things I noticed that there is currently no reason to have an Omni-keycard. However, I noticed that going down to the Warheads room and turning them off only requires a level-5 card. What's even weirder is that remote detonation of the facility is only able to be authorized by 05-Command. This got me thinking, what kind of keycard would 05 members use? It would have to be an Omni since the level 5 is for high ranking staff members. 05 is in a league of its own such that no one even knows what they look like. So it would make since for there to be a keycard level higher that doesn't exist in the facility except through artificial means (SCP-914). So here's the idea. In order to access the Warheads room, the player must have an Omnicard. Once inside, the player will have to put the card into another slot (a slot for each warhead control) to switch them on or off. Upon switching them, an intercom message will sound off; "OMEGA/ALPHA WARHEADS DISABLED/ENABLED". There will also be a third option; Self-Destruct. With this option, the player must use two Omni-keycards to activate the switch. Upon doing so, the player can choose how much time will elapse before the warhead goes off. After doing so, a facility wide alarm will blare and the intercom will warn of the impending explosion. Depending on how much time, the intercom will tell the player how much time is left before detonation. The S-NAV ultimate will also show the countdown real-time and the monitors around the facility will also have the countdown on them If the player escapes through Gate B, the conventional warhead detonation explosion will be played with a different ending from last time. (Possibly involving an 05-Command member in a call with Chief Security Franklin.) If the player goes through Gate A with 106 Contained. The guards will kidnap the player and escape before the facility explodes. A distant nuclear explosion will be heard in the distance as an 05-member requests interrogation of the player. If the player doesn't contain 106 and escapes with the insurgency, the main message of "you know too much to let them get you, you're coming with us" will be played along with a message commenting on how the player will be useful in the future considering the damage he caused to the foundation. After the bell rings, a distant explosion will be heard along with a message from an 05-Command member. It would be really cool to see this new ending idea implemented into this version.

EDIT: 05 members use level 5 cards. Don't worry about the Omni part. However, I do like the idea of self-destructing the facility.
Yeah the keycard system needs a major rework for sho.
More progress on the new storage room!

zornor90 wrote:
ReptileMonster wrote:What achievements do you plan on adding/removing? and what achievements will be steam achievements?
I haven't thought about that too much yet. However, I plan on setting the system up so that steam and non steam achievements are linked. I think terraria did something similar
Once they do come, an option to make achievements earned not notify on the spot would be great, as a little steam window with an achievement isn't exactly immersive.

TanmanG wrote:
zornor90 wrote:
ReptileMonster wrote:What achievements do you plan on adding/removing? and what achievements will be steam achievements?
I haven't thought about that too much yet. However, I plan on setting the system up so that steam and non steam achievements are linked. I think terraria did something similar
Once they do come, an option to make achievements earned not notify on the spot would be great, as a little steam window with an achievement isn't exactly immersive.
Nah I dont think so, and there's always the option to disable them via Steam directly

Also, it's pretty early to ask zornor90 about achievements, as those can be easily added - but only at the Release date or just before actually releasing it on steam.