Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev v0.2.3 is out for subscribing patrons! (12/19/16)

Thanks!

Made some great progress (finally). After about eight hours combined bashing my head, I've got the 9 grid pathfinding system for 1499's dimension set up. This grid system will move with the player as they travel through the dimension, allowing them to travel infinitely. This will keep both memory usage and load times much lower, as grids can be disabled when the player has traveled a certain distance.
Should still release this weekend, looking to add the cool walkable 1499 structure as well as work on 1499-1 AI. I'd also like to add a crouch icon indicator and fix pathfinding breaking when returning to the facility from 1499.

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev v0.2.3 is out for subscribing patrons! (12/19/16)

Weekly patreon build out! The focus of this build was further fleshing out SCP-1499's dimension. Infinite pathfinding system is now functional, whereby pathfinding grids will spawn around the player for as long as he cares to travel (not really, there's a limit but if you guys really walk that far you deserve whatever bugs you get ;P). I've fixed the bug with portals not regenerating, and I've also added some QoL stuff like a crouch icon (actually a whole status icon system framework). I've also finally imported the containment breach door frame ;P

The general build is coming out in a few days - possibly tomorrow, probably tuesday or wednesday. There's a few bugs and niggling issues I need to fix before I push a general build, but I think you guys will appreciate the extra time when you get your hands on this!

Once I've finished this, my next goal is to rework the facility's generation in preparation for adding more SCPs and items to rooms. Currently, the map has too much 'empty space' between unique rooms. My new generation algorithm will attempt to fix that. Along with that I'll start adding custom game options, as well as a library to generate and use .ini files.

I've enjoyed the past six months of development, and I'm looking forward to seeing how far we can bring SCP: Containment Breach this coming year!
Changelog

Code: Select all

Fixed sprite for button behind player not showing - RearButtonSprite now responds to events instead of using an update loop
Removed some extraneous code from game loader
Dimensions now use a GridLoader to load / unload grids, instead of doing it from the generator.
Added function to copy a grid config
Built the grid system for SCP1499. There are nine grids so that units can pathfind around the player; grids will be enabled / disabled as the player travels to keep memory usage low.
Removed black lines from skyboxes - set texture wrap mode to clamp
Added unity component that sends messages when a player enters and exits a grid
1499gridloader responds to PlayerEnteredGrid and PlayerLeftGrid and generates new grids as the player travels
Faster grid loading in 1499's dimension. The center grid is loaded quickly and then the others are streamed in at low latency as the player begins to travel.
Some new GameEvents: PlayerEnteredGrid, PlayerLeftGrid, PlayerStanceChanged, PlayerEquippedItem, and PlayerUnequippedItem.
Equipping / unequipping items now sends messages. GameUI responds to these messages. Added functionality to GameUI to add an overlay sprite if the equipped item is a HeadEquippable and has an overlay sprite.
Added SCP-1499 gasmask overlay sprite.
HeadEquippable now mirrors its changes from base pickups to instances
Increased spawn chance for 1499 chunks from 15% to 20%
Gave chunks a slightly randomized position inside their grid cells
Added functionality to apex path to disable grids that are in the process of initializing
Grid loaders now add and remove messages on OnEnable() and OnDisable() so that they aren't incorrectly called
1499 grids are now unloaded as the player travels through the dimension
Save button now closes options menu
Added containment door frame, containment doors finally implemented!
Containment doors placed in room2closets and 173_opt
Both dynamic door portals and static room portals now regenerate when switching back to the facility dimension

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev v0.3 is out for subscribing patrons! (1/1/17)

914 killed me wrote:Can someone post a link with latest patreon build i dont like paying money to try empty unity 3d projects that will most likely never get finished, ty
Dont be so Toxic... They dont get finished because of people not paying money...

Im not paying money at the moment either, but you should atleast have the respect for the developer not to ask something like that...
After all, he even made it obvious that he wont use the money on himself, but rather things that help him Develop.

And Vane Brain ayyyy whatz up :wink:

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev v0.3 is out for subscribing patrons! (1/1/17)

I really want a Official Statement from Regalis though.. like how he views this.
for example:
  • - if he is against this or not
    -if he thinks this is good
    -if he thinks the development of SCP containment breach should be continued on unity
There are many negative things that he could think aswell, and i would really like to know how he views them
  • -If this game gets as Big as the original CB , what happens
    -all the problems, like If the thing above would happen: Money, original Ideas from Regalis, The involvement of the community and co-developers like Vane Brain and The German guy... There are a lot of questions/problems that could arise there, especially when Zornor chooses to charge money for the final Game.
This Unity build already is pretty big and Complex, and Zornor really seems like he wants to do this.
The best thing that could happen (in my view) would be that Regalis chooses to switch SCP:CB to Unity engine(partially or maybe even by using the last build that would be available here), after learning a bit about Unity and then both Zornor and Regalis being lead developers (and maybe Vane Brain or the German guy aswell, but i cant rate their coding capabilities or commitment.)

I think Regalis and Zornor should also talk to each other sometime, it might seem a bit early, but Damn... Zornor really got far in a short amount of time.