Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2017) - Latest Build: 0.4c (3/26/17)

ME2 wrote:
TanmanG wrote:
zornor90 wrote:
I haven't thought about that too much yet. However, I plan on setting the system up so that steam and non steam achievements are linked. I think terraria did something similar
Once they do come, an option to make achievements earned not notify on the spot would be great, as a little steam window with an achievement isn't exactly immersive.
Nah I dont think so, and there's always the option to disable them via Steam directly

Also, it's pretty early to ask zornor90 about achievements, as those can be easily added - but only at the Release date or just before actually releasing it on steam.
Yeah achievements will be a bit later.

Started working on a StatusEffect system. Should have the writeup done soon, then I can start adding SCPs and items that do things like heal the player, increase/decrease speed, stamina, health, cause bleeding, etc.

great improvement since the last time i played this!

stuff i want to mention:

tesla gates - well, first of all, you can just sprint through them. second, the "spark" effect looks cool, but it destroys the purpose of the tesla gate in my opinion. you usually die to a tesla gate because you are running away from sth and die to it because you didn't notice it. seeing the sparks bumping around in the distance makes it too obivious.

scp 173 movement - i dont like the fact that you can actually see him moving slightly (if you run around a corner, he will telelport step by step around the edge within your line of sight). i'd suggest that instead of checking if he's in line of sight and then allowing him to jump, you should check if he would be in line of sight after he jumps - if not, you can let him jump. just a suggestion

a minor thing, the blink duration is too long ;)

GIMLI_2 wrote:great improvement since the last time i played this!

stuff i want to mention:

tesla gates - well, first of all, you can just sprint through them. second, the "spark" effect looks cool, but it destroys the purpose of the tesla gate in my opinion. you usually die to a tesla gate because you are running away from sth and die to it because you didn't notice it. seeing the sparks bumping around in the distance makes it too obivious.

scp 173 movement - i dont like the fact that you can actually see him moving slightly (if you run around a corner, he will telelport step by step around the edge within your line of sight). i'd suggest that instead of checking if he's in line of sight and then allowing him to jump, you should check if he would be in line of sight after he jumps - if not, you can let him jump. just a suggestion

a minor thing, the blink duration is too long ;)
Great feedback! Glad you like the improvements.
I plan on making the Tesla gate impossible to sprint through.
Yeah the sparks have received mixed feedback, I will be revisiting the gate in the future.
Making 173 not move slightly will be tricky since I am using a separate pathfinding engine. I have some ideas, and I definitely plan on making his movement a lot more invisible

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2017) - Latest Build: 0.4a (3/12/17)

Vane Brain wrote:
ENDERMANLIKE wrote: I'm liking the progress this port has made and the potential it has [I don't know many of the other popular engines... Unreal, Unity, and I remember another one that people thought would be cool as a port.] But I'm curious.. Is a custom colored fog possible for the game? [It was in the original SCP Containment Breach but a WHILE ago something broke it or it got removed recently but I think that'd be a cool and funny thing for both games to have as it could be used for hard challenges and it's a funny thing that players customize... I don't know if the port will have seeds where same seeds make the same map so multiplayer like races can be made by same seeds on different computers so the fog can be used to make the races harder... If the seeds always make different maps including same seeds then WAYYY LATER could multiplayer be added.. I don't know if multiplayer is something that should be added early or later because I've never made a game or anything... I think custom colored fog should be readded to the original SCP Containment Breach for challenges too.
You can make custom colored fog in original game without any problems
You can? The last I knew [1.2] you could change it in the options file but that never worked for me and then the next update it wasn't there anymore... I'd be happy if it was in the console but I don't think it is unless the SCP Containment Breach Wiki [Gamepedia] missed it on the new commands being added... Could you please tell me the command name or is it back in the options file? [Also I like that the MTF run from 106 and 049, Stare and recontain 173, and look away from 096 {Changelog} but why don't they do something for 966? They could shut the door inside the room with a big room where the night vision goggles spawn to recontain them after they are activated... I think to not cause bugs the instances don't spawn frequently each time one is recontained {They lure them but if a wall is in the way then the member might die... Also the MTF should use the First Aid Kits if 966 or 049-2 hits them... I know normally 049-2 can't reach them but if the player distracts them long enough it might hit them or if they are down there when 049 comes they could panic and possibly get hit by them? I noticed on one of the loading screens the MTF are given night vision goggles in case of blackouts} and if enough are contained they announce that 966 is recontained over the intercom... I'm just trying to help by giving an idea for the game]